FORUMS

The devs are listening (if only a little bit)!

Posted: //
Nov. 20, 2018, 10:45 a.m.

In the wake of the transition of Dreadnought to Steam there were some design choices and decisions made on the devs side that are questionable at best, there's no two ways about it.

But while gamers tend to rather give the developers a hard time about all the things that could still be improved (myself included) I thought it's time to call out a few things that already have been improved.

The stability issues (at least on PC) are gone. There are some rare endless loading screens at Amirani, though, but it's not game breaking.

And very recently I noticed that the nuke alert was reversed to the way it was before the latest update. This might be a minor thing to others but to me that proves that the devs are listening and trying to win back the player base.

And no, I'm not trying to sugarcoat the shortcomings of the Command The Collossal update as that was a mess for sure. I'm merely pointing out that the devs are trying to improve the game so we as the players can enjoy it as best as we can. And if listening to us and changing the nuke alert back to the far superior sound of the past is any indication of what's to come I'm quite optimistic.

And as small a detail this might be I for one appreciate it a lot. That's all I wanted to say.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

https://sad-clan.pro

Bild

Nov. 20, 2018, 12:56 p.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-233873) said:

In the wake of the transition of Dreadnought to Steam there were some design choices and decisions made on the devs side that are questionable at best, there's no two ways about it.

But while gamers tend to rather give the developers a hard time about all the things that could still be improved (myself included) I thought it's time to call out a few things that already have been improved.

The stability issues (at least on PC) are gone. There are some rare endless loading screens at Amirani, though, but it's not game breaking.

And very recently I noticed that the nuke alert was reversed to the way it was before the latest update. This might be a minor thing to others but to me that proves that the devs are listening and trying to win back the player base.

And no, I'm not trying to sugarcoat the shortcomings of the Command The Collossal update as that was a mess for sure. I'm merely pointing out that the devs are trying to improve the game so we as the players can enjoy it as best as we can. And if listening to us and changing the nuke alert back to the far superior sound of the past is any indication of what's to come I'm quite optimistic.

And as small a detail this might be I for one appreciate it a lot. That's all I wanted to say.

Nothing wrong in congratulating a positive choice, although at times things seem so chaotic that I wouldn't be able to tell if the change was because the player base asked for it, the devs wanted it, or they just decided because 'hey we can change it, so why not'.

But a positive it is O7

Nov. 20, 2018, 1:26 p.m.

No game can be perfect for all players, you either go after a majority of the market share or you go after your dream design of a game and hope enough think like you do and support it.

thumbs up to the developers.

Nov. 20, 2018, 5:14 p.m.

Oh yeah, they're TOTALLY listening to us.

Heres just some stuff thats been wrong with just Dred modules for like 2 years now.

• Tractor beams have always been and are still bugged

• Heavy torps strictly worse than light torps

• T4 armor amp 2x better than T5 armor amp

• Half of modules are borderline useless

Thats just Dred modules. I don't even want to talk about other ships, Ive posted many posts here and on reddit about all these issues, and 90% of them still have yet to be adressed.

What have they actually done to improve the in match gameplay in the last 2 years?

• Nerf Adrenaline Shot / Desperate Measures? Took them a whole year to listen to us on that.

• Nerf stasis pulse/autobeams? Vettes and Vidnys are now running rampant in T4+

Its actually pretty funny how a faint glimmer of the devs actually listening to this community because they reverted the nuke sound garners enough attention for its own praise, and yet trying to get any opinion from the devs on issues through weekly reddit threads, asking on stream or forums; is like pulling teeth.

At this point I'm convinced theres about 6 people activly working on the game.

1. 1 Community Manager

2. 2 Programmers

3. 1 Netcode guy

4. 1 Artist

5. 1 Marketplace Manager (Monitization)

The other majority that are part of the studio are probably working on a new game.

Nov. 20, 2018, 6:31 p.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-233881) said:

Oh yeah, they're TOTALLY listening to us.

Heres just some stuff thats been wrong with just Dred modules for like 2 years now.

• Tractor beams have always been and are still bugged

• Heavy torps strictly worse than light torps

• T4 armor amp 2x better than T5 armor amp

• Half of modules are borderline useless

Thats just Dred modules. I don't even want to talk about other ships, Ive posted many posts here and on reddit about all these issues, and 90% of them still have yet to be adressed.

What have they actually done to improve the in match gameplay in the last 2 years?

• Nerf Adrenaline Shot / Desperate Measures? Took them a whole year to listen to us on that.

• Nerf stasis pulse/autobeams? Vettes and Vidnys are now running rampant in T4+

Its actually pretty funny how a faint glimmer of the devs actually listening to this community because they reverted the nuke sound garners enough attention for its own praise, and yet trying to get any opinion from the devs on issues through weekly reddit threads, asking on stream or forums; is like pulling teeth.

At this point I'm convinced theres about 6 people activly working on the game.

1. 1 Community Manager

2. 2 Programmers

3. 1 Netcode guy

4. 1 Artist

5. 1 Marketplace Manager (Monitization)

The other majority that are part of the studio are probably working on a new game.

let's not get hung up on the warnnig sound. Another dred module that has been nerfed too much is the starling salvo. It's because all of the tac ship players were complaining about those and corvettes in turn both got the nerf hammer. Now heal ball are all the rage and every tac ship i come accross for some reason wants to fly around and beam every enemy ship it can like they have the biggest you know whats and are ten foot tall and bulletproof instead of focusing on ther own team mates. A nuke is supposed to be massive and cause a ton of damage as they are now is just a farce. to get an idea just do a search on the RL castle bravo detonation and that is what there are supposed to be. Far and large it does seem like it that they are indeed listening to the players a little more now compared to the past. But the proof is in the pudding so to speak and would have been nice to see more of this from day #1. I am not alone when I say this #makestarlingsgreatagain

Nov. 21, 2018, 3:37 a.m.

Obviously they are not if they are making it so Tier4 HAS to fight against Tier5.

Isolating T3 from T4 I can understand, but what the actual flying forkilft is so fokin hard in keeping the Legendary as it is, and making a seperate T4-only queue.

Here since mid-2014, dealth with enough bullshit, but this, THIS is the final nail in the coffin. Still no seperate queues for solo/team play either. No, they are not listening.

Nov. 21, 2018, 5:34 p.m.

Having people facing ships of the same tire is not going to fix the bad players. Even If we had 5 divisions, people would QQ that "fresh" T what ever should not face geared ships. I've watched people streaming this game who have claimed to have played it off and on since alpha and not have a single clue as to what the game is about. Comments like "No one uses the quick commands," "this game is not about builds and counter builds" "corvettes need to be buffed" "Dreadnoughts need a buff" the list goes on.

The problem is people don't want to adapt from how they played in recruit, they don't want to learn how the game works, they cry rivers of salt when they don't win, and every ship they fly should be the best and every thing else is OP because they get killed by it.

Some complaints do have merit. When a complaint is presented as feed back and not layered with salt the devs are more likely to view it as a problem, not just people being annoyed because they are in fact bad at the game.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 21, 2018, 6 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233899) said:

Having people facing ships of the same tire is not going to fix the bad players. Even If we had 5 divisions, people would QQ that "fresh" T what ever should not face geared ships. I've watched people streaming this game who have claimed to have played it off and on since alpha and not have a single clue as to what the game is about. Comments like "No one uses the quick commands," "this game is not about builds and counter builds" "corvettes need to be buffed" "Dreadnoughts need a buff" the list goes on.

The problem is people don't want to adapt from how they played in recruit, they don't want to learn how the game works, they cry rivers of salt when they don't win, and every ship they fly should be the best and every thing else is OP because they get killed by it.

Some complaints do have merit. When a complaint is presented as feed back and not layered with salt the devs are more likely to view it as a problem, not just people being annoyed because they are in fact bad at the game.

Very good points Belial, even if from a particular point of view. Another point of view is that some players are just as good or even better than others, but because they are facing better ships with optimum builds they are still getting killed (this is not a 1vs1 game). On top of that the grind can extend the period a person has to put up with this. Many have stated this on the forums. calmly as well as annoyed; after so long lets not pretend those that work for Dreadnought will listen if we talk nicely to them.

Nov. 21, 2018, 11:20 p.m.

I will say this: Belial is right in that some wont use the quick commands. I just got out of a game where I swear I did more of those than the rest of my team. Its not the same as a squad with headsets by any means, but it does help. But I think we can all agre: the gane does a very poor job of teaching the cimmands to players.

Nov. 22, 2018, 1:44 a.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-233901) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233899) said:

Very good points Belial, even if from a particular point of view. Another point of view is that some players are just as good or even better than others, but because they are facing better ships with optimum builds they are still getting killed (this is not a 1vs1 game). On top of that the grind can extend the period a person has to put up with this. Many have stated this on the forums. calmly as well as annoyed; after so long lets not pretend those that work for Dreadnought will listen if we talk nicely to them.

Not everyone likes grind, they are improving how BB works so you get more rewards when it's active. The grind is there so people buy elite. It's that simple. Want less grind buy elite.

I'll put money on that the vast majority of people who dislike the grind are of an age of late teens to late 20's, and probably have not spent anything on the game. You see it in every game. That age range want every thing yesterday in game terms. There is a reason pay to win games are a thing.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Closed