FORUMS

The devs are listening (if only a little bit)!

Posted: //
Nov. 22, 2018, 2:15 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 22, 2018, 2:22 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233909) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-233901) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233899) said:

Having people facing ships of the same tire is not going to fix the bad players. Even If we had 5 divisions, people would QQ that "fresh" T what ever should not face geared ships. I've watched people streaming this game who have claimed to have played it off and on since alpha and not have a single clue as to what the game is about. Comments like "No one uses the quick commands," "this game is not about builds and counter builds" "corvettes need to be buffed" "Dreadnoughts need a buff" the list goes on.

The problem is people don't want to adapt from how they played in recruit, they don't want to learn how the game works, they cry rivers of salt when they don't win, and every ship they fly should be the best and every thing else is OP because they get killed by it.

Some complaints do have merit. When a complaint is presented as feed back and not layered with salt the devs are more likely to view it as a problem, not just people being annoyed because they are in fact bad at the game.

Very good points Belial, even if from a particular point of view. Another point of view is that some players are just as good or even better than others, but because they are facing better ships with optimum builds they are still getting killed (this is not a 1vs1 game). On top of that the grind can extend the period a person has to put up with this. Many have stated this on the forums. calmly as well as annoyed; after so long lets not pretend those that work for Dreadnought will listen if we talk nicely to them.

Not everyone likes grind, they are improving how BB works so you get more rewards when it's active. The grind is there so people buy elite. It's that simple. Want less grind buy elite.

I'll put money on that the vast majority of people who dislike the grind are of an age of late teens to late 20's, and probably have not spent anything on the game. You see it in every game. That age range want every thing yesterday in game terms. There is a reason pay to win games are a thing.

How much money are you willing to bet, as again your assumption regarding age is way off with me? I have and still do play plenty of games that have what is called Elite or Premium time. The key to buying Elite/Premium is to make it seem worthwhile. Having got Elite when I bought (or my family) a Hero ship, I saw no advancement that made it worthwhile.

So the condescending reference to age is utter rubbish, you seem to want to put those that seem to disagree with you in a negative light (they don't play well, or they want everything without working for it, or they must be young so can't have experience).

So another point of view: I'm an older player who started playing games on a VIC 20, I have played plenty of games that require a grind. I have even paid for Elite in some, cases, why? Because it was worth it! With this game it is not IMO.

So no, not everyone falls into the negative categories you make up to explain the reason why they don't think the way you do. Who knows, some may have had a life exactly like yours, but just have a different point of view!

Nov. 22, 2018, 3:56 a.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-233881) said:

Oh yeah, they're TOTALLY listening to us.

Heres just some stuff thats been wrong with just Dred modules for like 2 years now.

• Tractor beams have always been and are still bugged

• Heavy torps strictly worse than light torps

• T4 armor amp 2x better than T5 armor amp

• Half of modules are borderline useless

Thats just Dred modules. I don't even want to talk about other ships, Ive posted many posts here and on reddit about all these issues, and 90% of them still have yet to be adressed.

What have they actually done to improve the in match gameplay in the last 2 years?

• Nerf Adrenaline Shot / Desperate Measures? Took them a whole year to listen to us on that.

• Nerf stasis pulse/autobeams? Vettes and Vidnys are now running rampant in T4+

Its actually pretty funny how a faint glimmer of the devs actually listening to this community because they reverted the nuke sound garners enough attention for its own praise, and yet trying to get any opinion from the devs on issues through weekly reddit threads, asking on stream or forums; is like pulling teeth.

At this point I'm convinced theres about 6 people activly working on the game.

1. 1 Community Manager

2. 2 Programmers

3. 1 Netcode guy

4. 1 Artist

5. 1 Marketplace Manager (Monitization)

The other majority that are part of the studio are probably working on a new game.

The problem with things like what you listed, is that whilst valuable, player feedback isn't enough to make a decision. They need hard data and numbers from the game itself to at least support it.

The bump in the road is that when a module is broken or underpowered for example, no one uses it. And if no one uses it, the devs can't get that data.

That's why things are always very quickly nerfed in games, but underpowered items are usually left for long periods of time. It's not only Dreadnought, it's games in general.

Nov. 22, 2018, 7:22 a.m.

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-233912) said:

How much money are you willing to bet, as again your assumption regarding age is way off with me?

I said Majority.

I have and still do play plenty of games that have what is called Elite or Premium time. The key to buying Elite/Premium is to make it seem worthwhile. Having got Elite when I bought (or my family) a Hero ship, I saw no advancement that made it worthwhile.

Value is subjective, not every is of the same value to everyone.

So the condescending reference to age is utter rubbish, you seem to want to put those that seem to disagree with you in a negative light (they don't play well, or they want everything without working for it, or they must be young so can't have experience).

Negative no, seeing as score, there for progression is linked to score, If your good at the game you will progress better than someone who is not. Look over the "grind is bad" posts, and everyone eants them to be reduced, but don't give any feed back other than, "it's impossible to score big, reduce the grind"

So another point of view: I'm an older player who started playing games on a VIC 20, I have played plenty of games that require a grind. I have even paid for Elite in some, cases, why? Because it was worth it! With this game it is not IMO.

As I've already said, value/worth is subjective.

So no, not everyone falls into the negative categories you make up to explain the reason why they don't think the way you do. Who knows, some may have had a life exactly like yours, but just have a different point of view!

I never said everyone did. read what I said, and don't put words in my mouth. Good lad.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 22, 2018, 8:27 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 22, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Thanks for replying so eagerly to my post.

I never meant to say that everything is good now because they changed one sound. This is of course just one tiny piece of a huge puzzle. I'm well aware of that.

But I feel it's just as important to give criticism where ciriticism is due as it is to call out the positive things when they happen and bringing back the old alert is one such.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Nov. 22, 2018, 11:33 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233923) said:

WaveRider#4219 posted (#post-233912) said:

How much money are you willing to bet, as again your assumption regarding age is way off with me?

I said Majority.

I have and still do play plenty of games that have what is called Elite or Premium time. The key to buying Elite/Premium is to make it seem worthwhile. Having got Elite when I bought (or my family) a Hero ship, I saw no advancement that made it worthwhile.

Value is subjective, not every is of the same value to everyone.

Negative no, seeing as score, there for progression is linked to score, If your good at the game you will progress better than someone who is not. Look over the "grind is bad" posts, and everyone eants them to be reduced, but don't give any feed back other than, "it's impossible to score big, reduce the grind"

As I've already said, value/worth is subjective.

I never said everyone did. read what I said, and don't put words in my mouth. Good lad.

I believe I callled you condescending, your last comment says it all. Thank you lol.

Nov. 22, 2018, 2:25 p.m.

Only to those who are also.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Nov. 22, 2018, 5:29 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-233928) said:

Only to those who are also.

lol.

Nov. 30, 2018, 7:08 p.m.

Hello there!

Fast question as I am a player that started to play it once more after closed beta. Have the devs actually added some new factions/ships (except of premiums) to the game since then?

Nov. 30, 2018, 7:10 p.m.

Ziutek#1862 posted (#post-234058) said:

Hello there!

Fast question as I am a player that started to play it once more after closed beta. Have the devs actually added some new factions/ships (except of premiums) to the game since then?

No.

Dec. 3, 2018, 5:42 a.m.

I'm afraid they are not listening at all.There is a part of the playerbase that decides not to sugarcoat their mistakes. As we speak many more people are protesting eighter by leaving the game or creating stomp squads. Right now they nerfed drain based on casual & rookie feedback while buffing single Nuke in a state of the game where ANL cannot be used to defend against it. They clearly know nothing about their game & if they have players supporting them then those players don't provide them any kind of info. You can see from Penguin's stream he has no clue on how to handle the ships or the modules & he's just trying to sell you stuff from the market, the other big thing is that Dreadnought is trying to shove the issues under the carpet by ignoring & silencing comments

Every new update generates a significant number of bugs in places that should not be affiliated. Right now if somebody falls trough the map on Elysium he will start causing masive lag spikes to everyone on the map while actively breaking the refire mechanic on all ships. The game also had a minimap in the early stages & right now we don't even have the ping update the minimap in real time, so everything they coded took the game downhill. We've been going on for months w/o any kind of updates & what they delivered is clearly a big dissapointment to all the hype they generated.

That being said there are a ton of gamebreaking issues that are probably going public since they refuse to fix them, we've even had responses from CS claiming some of these are features! Things like Disrupt & AbP stacking for AoE AA or missile screen for nuke & so on. I believe every player deserves to know about this suspiciously effective strategies. Let's not even talk about the fact that every balance patch this happens: A module/OB/Ship is nerfed to unusable state while another is buffed to the point where you start questioning why use anything else.

Closed