FORUMS

The devs are listening (if only a little bit)!

Posted: //
Dec. 3, 2018, 8:28 p.m.

I am of the option that the devs are hearing what they want to. The Teir 3 vs Teir 4 problem has been talked about in many posts on this form long before it ever hit steam. In a podcast you can view on youtube the Dev's talk about how they are going to "fix" this issue in the comming weeks. When the patch comes they are talking about nothing is addressed regarding this only a "energy" balance. Joy. I am of the option that people like having new players flying T3 ships so that they can kill them. While I enjoy the game and have spent a good deal of money on it, I am not currently looking at playing it on a daily basis because I do not feel it is worth my time or energy when the game will be dead in 6 months if this keeps on the way it is going.

Dec. 4, 2018, 2:59 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 4, 2018, 3:15 p.m.

Seems my comments keep loading onto the forum, but then 'disappearing'. Another bug maybe?

Dec. 5, 2018, 3:20 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 5, 2018, 3:24 a.m.

(I am now saving my entries in word and taking screen shots once posted as for some reason my posts keep disappearing from the forums. If I have broken any rules then please inform me; as far as I can see I am just telling the truth as I see it).

In 30+ years of gaming and to then focus on free to play games that I have enjoyed, I have never been so disappointed or had a bigger feeling that a game is destined to fail as with this one. Which is a shame as Tier I and II, really gave me hope!

However, instead of offering me a feeling of progress, they hit me with the grind wall. Don’t get me wrong, a company needs to make money, but if you want people to invest then offer good value for Elite status, a fair price for mods, Hero ships that once I had bought could be modified to my game play and more ways of making the ships and captain personal, instead they went for the 100% money grab.

Make me want to invest early on in order to hook and keep me. So many people warned Dreadnought before the Steam release and tried to tell them how important it was to generate AND keep the new players. Re-roll out things already produced at a cheap price, the work has already been done. Let people modify their Captains at a reasonable price – make the Captain and your fleet you and your fleet. Instead the Steam launched failed in its goal and it is more likely the better queue for Legendary games was down to old players hoping to come back to a better situation than when they left.

So we have a failed Steam launch; we all know the better Legendary queues are because of returning players (as there is no way new players are at Tier V yet); they have moved the Tier difference from Tier III and IV to IV and V – rather than fix the problem; people have been laid off and with every new patch comes new bugs!

We have the EXACT same situation that has been present over the lifetime of this game, poor progression, poor value and a poor experience that will not keep players. And here we have the saddest situation of all, can Dreadnought afford to change? I believe they are now dependant on the old guard who have played this game for so long. They have to allow them to enjoy their games because if they can’t keep the new players they only have the old players. So how can they offer better value, better progression and more personalisation to new players without letting the old players know just how poor a deal they have had in the past?

That is why, although I wish it wasn’t the case, I believe the game is destined to fail. I haven’t played it in a while; last time I logged on half the windows (Market) weren’t loading and I just thought ‘meh! I’m off to play something else’. ​

Dec. 5, 2018, 4:02 a.m.

If you are not playing, then why are you here? You come here just to post doom and gloom and how bad the game is to you, over and over and over again.

A lot of your complaints are purly subjective, progression, market prices, balance. I'm not saying all of theres are perfect, but not everyone feels the same, and everyone has a different opinion on value/worth. You or I do not have to spend a penny on this game to play it. This week i got my final T5 ship, 261 hours of play time to unlock all T5 ships, thats not bad at all. Thats not even a quater of the play time I have in some games. I could probably take 61 hours out of that too as when i started playing there was a thing called maintenance where you had to pay credits to play veteran if your team lost. so I spent 3 months of my play time in recruit, so that probably equalled 60 ish hours.

To some people 261 hours is a lot, to others they probably play 24 hours a week easy. It's all about perception.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 5, 2018, 5:13 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-234099) said:

If you are not playing, then why are you here? You come here just to post doom and gloom and how bad the game is to you, over and over and over again.

A lot of your complaints are purly subjective, progression, market prices, balance. I'm not saying all of theres are perfect, but not everyone feels the same, and everyone has a different opinion on value/worth. You or I do not have to spend a penny on this game to play it. This week i got my final T5 ship, 261 hours of play time to unlock all T5 ships, thats not bad at all. Thats not even a quater of the play time I have in some games. I could probably take 61 hours out of that too as when i started playing there was a thing called maintenance where you had to pay credits to play veteran if your team lost. so I spent 3 months of my play time in recruit, so that probably equalled 60 ish hours.

To some people 261 hours is a lot, to others they probably play 24 hours a week easy. It's all about perception.

Because I hope for the game to succeed. I would also like to see the many players who have left come back, unfortunately when they have and asked if anything has changed all we can say is...'no, not really'. This isn't good and I truely believe this game will die very soon (after such a poor Steam launch) if people like me do not speak up about the kind of things that make me not want to play.

Of course not everyone feels the same - but those that do have left. Even those that are still with the game, report the issues (same issues) over and over again. Hence the need for threads like 'The Devs are Listening!', in which a great amount of replies end up being 'no they aren't!'.

And yes, everyone's perception of things is personal - that is why when it comes down to it, your single opinion doesn't matter and neither does mine; it's all the opinions of those people walking out the door that matter.

Dec. 28, 2018, 5:09 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-234099) said:

Odd I Think you edited that Belial. You ask if you dont play then why are you here. I am here to give feedback granted I think that is being ignored and frankly think this game is already in the dusbin at this point. You talk about progression and how you spent 261 hours in the game leveling etc etc. You forget when we leveled the progresion in Vet was much diffrent I guess because you chouse not to be honest Ill be. Vet used to be Teir 2 to Teir 4 then they decided to take Teir 2 out of it because they were cannon fodder and while that made some people quiet down about the problem that has existed and has contued to exict it solved very little. I am hearing this from people that are new to the game and are saying "why play Teir 3 in vet we have little chance to really do anything." Yes, I am a founder and yes i have spent alot of time in the game playing im sure you and me can get in a nice conversation about "time played" frankly I am getting sick of devlopters and customer service resps telling gamers they are just crying about progression because hey we did it and you just need to shut up. This has become a ongoing theme in the gaming comunity and it really needs to stop. They are still "talking about the change from Teir 4 to Leg" according to the FAQ with Matt Tobiason and to be frank I hope the window on this game has not closed though I fear it has, this change should have happend LONG before it hit steam. Maybe you can have a "relaunch" party after you decide to fix this game and people will come back. I do not know Though I hope.

Dec. 31, 2018, 1:42 p.m.

Are they? Where is my Carrier class then, and why did they ruin Storm Missiles? Well, they are listening more than other Dev teams, I hope.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Jan. 1, 2019, 6:28 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-234438) said:

Are they? Where is my Carrier class then, and why did they ruin Storm Missiles? Well, they are listening more than other Dev teams, I hope.

you are the only person who really wants cariers, storms wheer changed becasue they had no counter other than anti missile pulse. from the recent FAQ,

Q: Why were the Storm Missiles nerfed in the recent patch?

A: The problem we hit with Storm Missiles was that the combination of the missile count and the speed of the missiles simply overwhelmed existing anti-missile countermeasures, leaving targets with no real way to defend themselves.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 1, 2019, 9:32 a.m.

Sorry but I will remain ignorant about Storms. It was a disgraceful act. And from what I have heard there were quite a few people on reddit asking for carriers, and people asked for it on the forums before I even joined.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Jan. 1, 2019, 11:56 a.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-234447) said:

Sorry but I will remain ignorant about Storms. It was a disgraceful act. And from what I have heard there were quite a few people on reddit asking for carriers, and people asked for it on the forums before I even joined.

lol, you aren't the only person who has mentioned carriers. They are one of many ideas, put forward by many people. O7

Closed