FORUMS

Weapon Sound change

Posted: //
Nov. 24, 2018, 12:31 p.m.

Hey since Dreadnaught was released on Steam the whole game changed in a really good way, My favorite changes was the sound for My Voronezh Heavy plasma sound. The ship felt really big and powerful it was so mouch fun playing with it, but recently when i was starting to play again after some time i noticed that the weapon sound over all are super silent and the ships feel really small and weak and i lost my motivation, so did some changes apply so the weapons sounds?

Nov. 24, 2018, 9:39 p.m.

I'm also not a fan of the sound changes. The new sounds make me feel like I'm shooting peas out of a straw, and most sound effects seem to be removed entirely.

Before The update, the sounds made the ships feel like absolute goliaths. they really helped drive home the gargantuan scale of the machines you were piloting. But now they just sound and feel like blimps full of air.

There's no weight to firing your weapons anymore, there's nothing that really feeds back to you to let you know how jaw-droppingly huge these guns are.

I really hope that this is a temporary change, or perhaps an oversight/glitch that the developer's computers aren't recreating so they don't realise what a change this has made.

Nov. 25, 2018, 8:07 a.m.

Yes if the sounds are too loud fore some people they should implement a sound setting to reduce weapon sound

Nov. 25, 2018, 10:03 a.m.

kinda lost interest in playing since. the sound design now is horrendous. havent bothered coming back since Red Dead came out.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 26, 2018, 7:05 p.m.

Yeah, I do have to admit the sounds don't seem to fit very well... The old SFX for the Ontaro Artillery Cruiser fit it far better than the one it's been replaced with. Before, the huge bang made it quite clear that it was firing something big and heavy to shred a nice hole in some poor destroyer. Now, it's like someone decided it should sound more like... I dunno, a close miss instead? I mean, it makes sense for the Oberon Artillery Cruiser since it fires a bunch of shells at a much lower power than their single-shot counterparts.

The point of this all seems to boil down to this: For firing a weapon, some of the sounds make sense. However, the majority of the SFX's out there don't sound BEEFY. Akula Vector is known for generally having ships that are brutish. They should get SFX that fits that. Oberon has ships that are known for being really high-tech. The new sounds seem like they would fit them better. Jupiter Arms might have a bit more in common with Akula Vector when it comes to their reputation and SFX that would likely fit their theme.

Nov. 30, 2018, 3:32 p.m.

Tsunamiatunzen1#1349 posted (#post-233979) said:

Yeah, I do have to admit the sounds don't seem to fit very well... The old SFX for the Ontaro Artillery Cruiser fit it far better than the one it's been replaced with. Before, the huge bang made it quite clear that it was firing something big and heavy to shred a nice hole in some poor destroyer. Now, it's like someone decided it should sound more like... I dunno, a close miss instead? I mean, it makes sense for the Oberon Artillery Cruiser since it fires a bunch of shells at a much lower power than their single-shot counterparts.

The point of this all seems to boil down to this: For firing a weapon, some of the sounds make sense. However, the majority of the SFX's out there don't sound BEEFY. Akula Vector is known for generally having ships that are brutish. They should get SFX that fits that. Oberon has ships that are known for being really high-tech. The new sounds seem like they would fit them better. Jupiter Arms might have a bit more in common with Akula Vector when it comes to their reputation and SFX that would likely fit their theme.

Beautifully put

Dec. 4, 2018, 1:28 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 4, 2018, 1:28 a.m.

Hello!!

Recently, my brother had bought Dreadnought game form Instant Gaming store. After playing the game he said that the game delivers in its finest moments. He like this game it has tons of fun, controls are mostly smooth. Some of the sounds are pretty dry, but beyond just sounds, some effects are really underwhelming as well.

Dec. 6, 2018, 4:01 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 6, 2018, 4:02 a.m.

But overall, I like this game and I had loved and enjoyed this game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.