FORUMS

Please Fix Auto-Aiming

Posted: //
Dec. 5, 2018, 7:39 p.m.

The one thing that most consistently frustrates me with many of my ships is the wonky aiming assist mechanics in this game. For the record, I have aim assist set to off.

When using my stribog, I find it is often extremely difficult if not impossible to hit targets in front of me due to the bizzare aiming rules. Take another 'vette for instance, 2km dead ahead. If I aim below him, the shots expectedly go low. If I aim up a bit to compensate (directly at the 'vette), the guns auto-adjust way too high and fire in a big arc over the target. If I aim high enough to not be "on" the target, the shots expectedly go high. The aim "assist" makes sure that when I'm aimed where I actually WANT the shot to go, the shot goes wildly high instead. I've noticed the same infuriating behavior when targeting assault ships in onslaught.

I run into similar frustrations with any of the beam weapons in the game, be them the corvette secondary or the tac cruiser primary. If I aim on the target, the beam lags way behind and only occasionally clips the enemy, vastly reducing my DPS. If I attempt to compensate and lead with the beam (which doesn't make sense to start with), the beam actually goes where I point it and misses, just firing in front of the target. It makes hitting quicker moving enemies literally impossible, since when I point the beam where it needs to be pointed, the game auto "assists" and lags the beam way behind.

On a similar note, PODS. PLEASE LET THE GUNS CONVERGE ON PODS. There is nothing quite as agravating as being in a ship with reasonable range weapons, pointing right at the enemy artillery pod, and watching your shots get near miss after near miss because the guns wont coverge. Meanwhile as you waste time and shots, it just keeps popping you in the face. It is often extremely important to shoot down pods so PLEASE LET US DO IT. If it turns out that pods are dying too easy when people can actually shoot them when they're aiming at them, just give them enough health to compensate. The current eyeballing + zeroing in on a tiny STATIONARY target method is very very annoying.

So yes, please either allow aim assist to actually turn off if you set it to off, or at least make it work correctly instead of just messing up your shots. Let people aim their guns, and hit the things they're aiming at.

Dec. 6, 2018, 1:47 a.m.

+++++++1 I've asked support about this, but that was last year and all I got as an answer was "we're working on it". But at least it's been aknowledged by the devs that this is an issue... but now the devs are different so maybe they forgot ? ^^ Beam weapons are supposed to auto aim, I wish it just wouldn't lag like you explained, but normal guns shouldn't auto-aim, and switching it off in the settings does nothing.

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Dec. 17, 2018, 11:19 a.m.

-BV-Kazma_DE#2232 posted (#post-234113) said:

+++++++1 I've asked support about this, but that was last year and all I got as an answer was "we're working on it". But at least it's been aknowledged by the devs that this is an issue... but now the devs are different so maybe they forgot ? ^^ Beam weapons are supposed to auto aim, I wish it just wouldn't lag like you explained, but normal guns shouldn't auto-aim, and switching it off in the settings does nothing.

Any current dev word on this? Auto aim problems are easily my #1 consistent source of frustration in this game, with aiming vs. pods being fairly close. My friend whom I recently got into this game agrees. It really kills the fun when it (often) comes up. I'd love for the audio to get fixed, but making the ship actually follow the player's orders should probably be a very high priority.

Dec. 18, 2018, 2:38 a.m.

You can turn it off. I'll forward this thread to them.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 18, 2018, 5:37 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-234205) said:

I have it set to off, but still experience all the described issues. On a lark I set it to on for a few rounds to see what that was like, but noticed no difference. I have since set it back to off, even though the setting doesn't appear to do anything.

Either way, none of this addresses the separate but similar issue of targeting pods.

Dec. 19, 2018, 2:19 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 19, 2018, 2:19 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-234205) said:

That doesn't work

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.