FORUMS

Gametime / Scorelimits

Posted: //
Jan. 2, 2019, 2:54 p.m.

Gametime / Scorelimits

Why not make an option to change the Gametime / Scorelimit to the regular gamemodes so that you can play for a longer time...

Jan. 2, 2019, 5:38 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 2, 2019, 5:39 p.m.

GreyXOne#0776 posted (#post-234457) said:

Gametime / Scorelimits

Why not make an option to change the Gametime / Scorelimit to the regular gamemodes so that you can play for a longer time...

With custom matches I believe this would be a thing you can do, "normal" matches are not set up this way as people could end up going into a match not.knowing how long they would be in the match, and some people have said in the past that matches where too long.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 3, 2019, 4:44 a.m.

The problem is that custom matches are still PS4 exclusive (along with Havoc Mode).

At first it was promised to come to PC in July '18, then it was pushed back to Steam release, then to a game update shortly afterwards.

Almost three months have passed since Steam release and still we don't have any idea of when it will be added to the PC version or even if it will be added at all, for that matter.

Maybe that will change with the next dev stream as they promised a detailed look at the development roadmap. But right now SixFoot is really testing the community's patience in that regard.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Jan. 3, 2019, 11:41 a.m.

Our goal is to share more information about what our long-term roadmap is as soon as we are able, and Custom Matches in earnest are high on that list. Having variables for match length, score, map, gametype, etc are all on the list as part of Custom Matches and much more fleshed-out than is present on PS4 currently.

As to when this content will be developed and live for players to enjoy, we are still working on those details which explains why we have not shared that just yet. The studio is coming back from holiday break now and hitting the ground running on solidifying those plans

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Jan. 3, 2019, 2:40 p.m.

Raising the score cap on TDM to first to 150 points and Onslaught to 350 would be interesting IMO.

Jan. 4, 2019, 3:23 a.m.

@DN_EmptyTuxedo:

Thanks for the clarification. It's appreciated

Bild

Jan. 8, 2019, 7:24 p.m.

no keep the matches as short as possible

cause i dont wanna play to long with A.holes who prefer to go lone wolf but playing a mmo.

Jan. 9, 2019, 3:48 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 9, 2019, 8:49 a.m.

To me the score limits seem just about right.

In a balanced match I approach the time limits rather often. The matches are usually too short when steam rolling occurs and in that case I think it's safe to say that everyone is rather happy when it's over. The players on the receiving end for obvious reasons. But even the players that do the steam rolling because there is no sense of accomplishment whatsoever.

Long stoy short: In my view there is no urgend need to raise the score limits.

Far more important is for players to realize that lone wolfing is the most common reason for one sided and as such short matches. Dreadnought is a team effort first and foremost. Sticking together is always the best and only option for survival.

Bild

Jan. 17, 2019, 2:14 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 24, 2019, 2:02 p.m.

How is the ones getting steamrolled supposed to get better and get points to improve ships and skills etc with no time to learn and no points to improve points..

Im in no way lone wolfing the game, unless you want to call playing random unsquaded games lonewolfing (which is what most new players do). So far i have only had 1 invite to coms and 1 to squad (i get that the playerbase isnt huge but that seems low)...

Concerning blobtactics well if no one shows their ship or moves then it would indeed be a dull match...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.