FORUMS

Scramble mine cool down nerf please!

Posted: //
Jan. 11, 2019, 6:57 p.m.

I am an avid corvette player as it's my second favorite class.

I am super excited with the new changes to corvettes coming and I think they are a great way to boost corvette performance while at the same time limiting the "noob farm" potential. I also think the modules changes proposed are on point!

However, can you please include a change to scramble mines?

I understand scramble pulse, although more balanced game play wise, would be ideal, but there are already plenty of proximity mudules for the corvette. therefore scramble mines!

but the scramble mine cooldown makes it so a corvette (or two) can continuously keep a target blind indefinately... for the entire match!

This is kinda OP!

I have a replay where 2 corvettes kept me scrambled for over 3 minutes... later the same match one corvette kept me blind for a minute and a half!

this is lame and no one likes this!

can the devs also include scramble mines in the corvette module fixes? At least make it so the victim can see the corvette for a few seconds before they are scrambled again?

thanks, Math/Dee-Rek

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Jan. 11, 2019, 9:51 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 11, 2019, 9:51 p.m.

were you a healer or tank? sounds of it mustve been one of those two and best to be vision locked to break up your formation or take a control point from you.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 12, 2019, 10:19 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 12, 2019, 10:21 a.m.

mathiasatva#6280 posted (#post-234901) said:

I am super excited with the new changes to corvettes coming and I think they are a great way to boost corvette performance while at the same time limiting the "noob farm" potential. I also think the modules changes proposed are on point!

I understand scramble pulse, although more balanced game play wise, would be ideal, but there are already plenty of proximity mudules for the corvette. therefore scramble mines!

but the scramble mine cooldown makes it so a corvette (or two) can continuously keep a target blind indefinately... for the entire match!

This is kinda OP!

I have a replay where 2 corvettes kept me scrambled for over 3 minutes... later the same match one corvette kept me blind for a minute and a half!

can the devs also include scramble mines in the corvette module fixes? At least make it so the victim can see the corvette for a few seconds before they are scrambled again?

thanks, Math/Dee-Rek

I have been screeming this very same thing for almost a year now. In fact it drove me to take a break from the game a while back. At teir 5 it is insanely broken meaning the cooldown is 8 seconds and the active scramble effect is 10 seconds. Now I ask what other module in game has their stats where the the module is re-deployabe before the effect of the original one has worn off ? and the answer is absolutly none. The only way other modules can due this is with help from team mates with overclock pulse but as a stand alone module it is the only one set up in this manner. With the upcoming changes to the corvette I do belive that the new broken build will be cloak - assault blink warp instead of cloak - scamble mines. And don't get me started about cloak because if you have to resort to use that on a corvette then you are doing something wrong in my opinion especialy on the JA line. The corvette IS my favorite ship class in this game and even I take issue with certian " features " within these builds.

Jan. 12, 2019, 12:55 p.m.

hotrods_n_harleys#3566 posted (#post-234906) said:

mathiasatva#6280 posted (#post-234901) said:

This is kinda OP!

thanks, Math/Dee-Rek

I have been screeming this very same thing for almost a year now. In fact it drove me to take a break from the game a while back. At teir 5 it is insanely broken meaning the cooldown is 8 seconds and the active scramble effect is 10 seconds. Now I ask what other module in game has their stats where the the module is re-deployabe before the effect of the original one has worn off ? and the answer is absolutly none. The only way other modules can due this is with help from team mates with overclock pulse but as a stand alone module it is the only one set up in this manner. With the upcoming changes to the corvette I do belive that the new broken build will be cloak - assault blink warp instead of cloak - scamble mines. And don't get me started about cloak because if you have to resort to use that on a corvette then you are doing something wrong in my opinion especialy on the JA line. The corvette IS my favorite ship class in this game and even I take issue with certian " features " within these builds.

Only light and medium cloak will be moved, heavy will stay as it is. Also this from the steam forums.

DN_Sean [developer] 23 hours ago Update for our plans regarding the next update:

Corvette changes are gonna spend a bit more time in the oven before we release it into the wild. Probably not coming in the update planned for next week, but in an update shortly after (more details as we have them).

We are also keeping Heavy Cloak in the Primary Slot while the rest of the cloak modules are moving to Internal. Heavy Cloak in combination with other Primary modules creates some unintended gameplay results.

Thanks!

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 12, 2019, 3:44 p.m.

good to know thank you

Jan. 12, 2019, 6:05 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-234908) said:

DN_Sean [developer] 23 hours ago Update for our plans regarding the next update:

Corvette changes are gonna spend a bit more time in the oven before we release it into the wild. Probably not coming in the update planned for next week, but in an update shortly after (more details as we have them).

We are also keeping Heavy Cloak in the Primary Slot while the rest of the cloak modules are moving to Internal. Heavy Cloak in combination with other Primary modules creates some unintended gameplay results.

Thanks!

I'm relieved that Heavy Cloak's staying put. Assuming none of my other modules get moved around, it means I can keep my favorite Medusa build. Although, Heavy Cloak + ABW would be a beastly combo... that's probably what he's referring to.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Jan. 12, 2019, 7:52 p.m.

pretty sure it wasent the scramble mines hotrod. a year ago most vettes still ran ABW/BP Builds. most likely being scrambled by destroyers

Jan. 12, 2019, 10:29 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 12, 2019, 10:38 p.m.

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-234912) said:

pretty sure it wasent the scramble mines hotrod. a year ago most vettes still ran ABW/BP Builds. most likely being scrambled by destroyers

ok maybe not a whole year ago probably closer to 6 months. but most definitly corvettes , like i don't kknow the difference between a cloaked vette parked in my firing blind spot and a destroyer with a scamble pulse, or an ariti with a scramble missle, or a dread with bombers. no offense but with 1000 hrs yes one thousand i know the difference ! and i'm not into starting any bs. with any player but really ?

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/138556/?page=2 june 1 2018 also a couple on reddit if you want me to keep digging

Jan. 12, 2019, 10:45 p.m.

ya ive had my share of time on it too. running Arty most of the time around your timeframe and maybe saw one or two vettes running a cloak a week. easiest points to get when you can one shot them since they take double damage lol. I decided to run Hvy cloak/scramble mines/BP/thrusters in my vette and had a blast. takes alot of patience to creep up on anyone but well worth the set up to really blow someones mind XD. not the best loadout against another vette or any angry destroyer though but its nice to kill healballs and monarch bricks.

Jan. 12, 2019, 11 p.m.

but you are still not aknowlledging the fact the scramble module on corvettes are broken and part of a huge problem, while all other scramble effects are acceptable. and i'm pretty sure deep down somewhere you know it to be true. batle honor goes a long way in this game as well. it's not just about " blowing someones mind "

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.