FORUMS

Scramble mine cool down nerf please!

Posted: //
Jan. 12, 2019, 11:12 p.m.

uhhhh its basically a flashbang? it use to be bugged to not use the energy wheel but that was fixed. much more tolerable when you can now actually defend yourself against it. it also has a super small radius of detonation of 400km so chances are the vette got hit by it too if they dont thrust out of it. My loadout all depends heavily on the target being blinded long enough to burn them down or to escape otherwise im a sitting duck. From my time with it, I've found it more effective stopping tacs healing by making them hit for sheild immediately and losing their teamate they are trying to heal then to disrupt pulse them just to look at me laughing. You can argue it but its all the same with every argument about vettes.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:23 p.m.

hold on are you on ps4 or pc? i shouldve asked that first

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:27 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 12, 2019, 11:30 p.m.

i see your point of view like others have and it comes down to this.--- they put it in the game so why should we not use it ? and it's all fair. but the cooldown vs active time is a** backwards at tier 5. look at my post from earlyer or look in game for youself it is the only module that does that and that's really all i was trying to convey yet again. and i don't care about useing the energy wheel or any of that other stuff. it's that module itself that is jacked

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:34 p.m.

both platforms 11 months on ps4 then 7 months on pc

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:41 p.m.

ah ok. couldnt say how it does on ps4. im sure its a whole new batch of bull on console given my experience with other games on this caliber cough Dead by Daylight cough and i mostly steer away from leg matches they just arent fun at all. 9.99/10 its a TDM with some ridiculous team combos. think the reduced CD from T4 isnt neccessary when it does gain 2 extra mines alone so ur right in that. i wouldnt mind that change just dont move it around to where you cant make a loadout that compliments it.

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:46 p.m.

agreed and fair enough and glad to see we got though this witout any nastyness D7

Jan. 12, 2019, 11:56 p.m.

indeed D7

Jan. 14, 2019, 11:42 a.m.

This topic has been brought up many many times before and falls on deaf ears for PS4 players

RETALIATOR is the key officer briefing for keeping the player Scramble locked.

This is a lose lose for the person that is attacked. - You attack the scrambling Vette and reduce their cooldown. You are basically helping them hit you with Scrambler again

The attacking Vette can also be hit by their own mines. I have not tested this but I assume this also activates Retaliator and reduces the cooldown.

The Build is simply ABW or Thrust Amp, Scram Mines V, Blast or Distrupt pulse, Afterburner. OB: Retaliator/Mod Boost/ Nav Expert/ Reinforced or the std. 6.5% dmg reduce OB

Stasis ammo + Torps can help. This is a good deterent but if the Vette has a good angle they can Afterburn to you and still stunlock you or if not, they can simply afterburn away.

A little background on Mathias, the dude can compete with and kill anyone. He is very experienced and not at all easy to kill.

He is just again pointing out the EASY TO DO MATH that shows the Scram Mine V cooldown ( 8 seconds ) is less than the Scram duration ( 10 seconds ). Add a second Vette in the mix and this combo gets very easy kills

Jan. 19, 2019, 4:45 a.m.

I can attest to the fact that Scramble mines on a vette are crazy, especially with the 'blind spots' that exist on dreadnoughts. I recently was in a dreadnought and I was running my 'vette killer' build. However, I tractored them in only to find that not only did they have Scramble Mines, they also had Armor Amplifier. So, despite me throwing Light Torps and Ballistic Broadsides at a completely static target, I could not kill the vette and slowly got killed as he was literally touching my ship's hull, making use of the game's buggy targetting at that range. He did not suffer from much more than scramble since he was fighting a target that he only needed to point in the general direction of in order to land a hit.

Jan. 19, 2019, 5:05 a.m.

In order to scramble somebody you need to fly the lightest ship in the game into stasis pulse, artillerys autobeams, blast pulse other mines etc, if your not running the counters, you get scrambled. also you can only do it to one guy normally unless your hugging each other, so your teammates SHOULD be shooting the Corvette if he is sitting there chaining it, but not all teammates are very helpful and that can be frustrating. but since to run them you give up torpedo salvo for example, the Corvette running them is limited in options when fighting a skilled fast ship like brutus or other Corvette, in the end though I dont think corvettes should be able to take on dreads like that, BUT remember to ask for help from teammates if your scrambled, because as long as you have a little support the Corvette will likely not be able to kill your dread on its own.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.