FORUMS

Stasis Ammo is incredibly overpowered.

Posted: //
Jan. 13, 2019, 10:21 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 13, 2019, 10:22 p.m.

15s duration where one shot gives your opponent a 10s slow. Sure you don't deal damage - but within that time frame you are capable of applying stasis to as many opponents as you want.

The profectile is fast and precise and has minimal counter play. And only one stasis user is usually needed in legendary games.

It's very overpowered means of crowd control. Either decrease the duration to make the module user to focus a certain target - or make it cap with the amount of users it can be applied to. It's not fair that all you have to do is land 1 shot on a corvette and you can rotate to 3 other targets and apply the final shot to the corvette for a total stasis of 25s.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Jan. 14, 2019, 3:01 a.m.

I disagree. You have to hit your target fist with stasis ammo, the fire rate is slow. Unless your target is coming right at you is can be hard to land the shots. As you said, your main guns are down the whole time meaning you are vunrable.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 14, 2019, 3:32 a.m.

stasis ammo also takes up a valuable slot of manuverability. vettes who use it cannot have afterburner or other means of a quick escape just to have a CC ability. That needs the target to be either running away already or you have support from other teammates to now focus fire said effected target. its a good mod for counter vette play when it comes to leg matches. personally i dont use it since im way more comfortable using agility mods and scrambles over trying to slow them as a squishy ship.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 14, 2019, 10:27 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 14, 2019, 10:28 a.m.

My problem is that it has a theoretical ability to slow someone for 25 seconds - and you can shoot it on an entire team. But lets take a look at other stasis tools available. But the problem is there is no counter play.

Stasis mines: you avoid the mines - can target multiple if they are in close proximity (rare occasion)

Stasis missiles: you use anti missile/nuke/pulse/look for cover - can only target 1

Stasis beam: you are required to keep aim at the user - can only target 1

Stasis autobeams: have a 1500 range, and is a primary - can target multiple if they are in close proximity (rare occasion)

Stasis pulse: AOE, but you must avoid the targets engage

Stasis ammo: Dodge a highly precise projectile that moves faster than a Blud's primary?

Stasis ammo can once again - be landed fairly easy due to high travel time and precision (EVEN disruptor ammo is slower) - lasts 10s for being hit once - and can be refreshed again throughout the entire duration to achieve 25s stasis .. - you say you sacrafice mobility - though the vigo has similar manuevrability points as a medusa (40) - and this is the ship most commonly used on becaue the blud is horrible and the vindicta is a CQC orientted ship.

Jan. 14, 2019, 11:55 a.m.

Counter modules to stasis are, warp, afterburner, EM, scrubber module, dive and armor amp. There are probably more.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Jan. 15, 2019, 2:29 a.m.

Warp, since stasis affects your turn capabilities, unless you have a target based warp, chances are you're going into the open.

Afterburner is nice, but that only lasts for 2seconds and the stasis duration lasts 10s. So you'll have a burst of movement but the stasis ammo will just refresh the 10s duration.

Evasive manuever goes off every 4s, Stasis shoots nearly ever 1.5s. You dodge, he'll just wait for the shot inbetween your evasive cd.

Scrubber module - goes off once, and corvette accelleration takes time and can still easily pocket a shot when accelerated.

Dive - This is a pretty solid counter...though kinda useless on some maps like ixion and not heavily used in the meta compared to evasive manuever and armour amp

Armour amp - lasts 10s - he can just go back to cover and just shoot your just before it wears out.

Belial maybe you're getting the wrong message from me but I'm merely saying an ability should not have the capabilities to slow the primary target for 25s, while juggling 3 other targets same time with a 10s slow.

Stasis ammo should either have a slow duration decreased to 3s where consistent attention is somewhat required, or effects be limited to the likes of one enemy.

Jan. 15, 2019, 10:07 a.m.

When used by experienced pilots, yes Stasis Ammo can be very strong.

I disagree that it is OP as it has it's draw backs.

I find that sometimes changing strategies can greatly limit the effect of this module.

If playing a destroyer - try Disrupt Missile or bait them into activating their module while diving for cover.

I do have a build that uses Stasis Ammo but I don't really like using it because I have to somewhat wait and react. I sacrifice mobility and I have to plan and play accordingly.

I find it's a good deterent to Vettes but it is not a death sentence. If they have good positioning they can quickly get out of range with Afterburn, Blink or ABWarp, further helped with Desperate measures/Retaliator

Jan. 15, 2019, 3:57 p.m.

DRAKONASisREAL#6814 posted (#post-234945) said:

Warp, since stasis affects your turn capabilities, unless you have a target based warp, chances are you're going into the open.

Afterburner is nice, but that only lasts for 2seconds and the stasis duration lasts 10s. So you'll have a burst of movement but the stasis ammo will just refresh the 10s duration.

Evasive manuever goes off every 4s, Stasis shoots nearly ever 1.5s. You dodge, he'll just wait for the shot inbetween your evasive cd.

Scrubber module - goes off once, and corvette accelleration takes time and can still easily pocket a shot when accelerated.

Dive - This is a pretty solid counter...though kinda useless on some maps like ixion and not heavily used in the meta compared to evasive manuever and armour amp

Armour amp - lasts 10s - he can just go back to cover and just shoot your just before it wears out.

Belial maybe you're getting the wrong message from me but I'm merely saying an ability should not have the capabilities to slow the primary target for 25s, while juggling 3 other targets same time with a 10s slow.

Stasis ammo should either have a slow duration decreased to 3s where consistent attention is somewhat required, or effects be limited to the likes of one enemy.

Your are forgetting one key thing. Latency, that's why stasis last as long. I've wasted whole clips trying to hit a fast target. As others have said you sacrifice your mobility, and once the enemy know you have it, they can just stay away from you or swarm you.

Jan. 16, 2019, 12:54 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 16, 2019, 12:54 p.m.

It's not a simply 'stay away' or a 'swarm'

Because all it takes is one shot to be stasised for 10s, and for them to catch up. You can't swarm because the shots shoot at 1.5s and can be juggled between numerous users. If you're dedicating 4 ppl to engage, the module can stasis most of them for nearly 20s.

I'm sugguesting we decrease the duration of stasis down to 5. You juggle less, and the additional shots on a target don't become redundant module.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.