FORUMS

Corvette With Internal Armor Amplifier: NEW META MISTAKE!

Posted: //
Jan. 22, 2019, 4:41 p.m.

ive done too many posts of defending the vette play aginst those who never wanted to find a way to counter them. I absolutely will not defend this change. Not even sure if i want to bother booting up the game knowing they even went through with a crazy change like this.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 22, 2019, 4:48 p.m.

Whatever debates were had prior to this update, I think we can all agree that right now this update has most definitely made Corvettes OP. I've said over the past couple years that I didn't think vettes should have the health regen ability because it gives them a staying power I don't belive they should have, but that's debatable. Armor amp on a vette? Why? With all due respect to the devs, why was this considered a good idea? I'm genuinely curious to hear that answer.

I didn't think Corvettes were OP, but I also didn't think they were underdogs either. Powerful in the right hands for sure, but then so is any ship. I haven't played since the update yet, but I'm definitely going to load up Armor Amp on my Medusa and have a look for myself. If it doesn't actually improve my performance, then I'll take it all back. But if it does? Then you can expect some gameplay videos of it.

Oh, and let's not forget that Desperate Measures still exists (assuming it hasn't been changed, someone correct me if I'm wrong). 15 seconds of near immunity => Health brought down to pop DM => 15 secons of near immunity. And then there's still the vette's 0% bleedthrough shields, which with judicious use could give you even more immunity.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Jan. 22, 2019, 6:31 p.m.

We are releasing a hotfix tomorrow that addresses much of the critical player feedback we have seen regarding our most recent update including: reducing Legendary Battle Bonus costs, Rupture Ram damage, restoring the loadout tooltip from Orbit and Respawn screens, and giving Tartarus Missile its pre-patch effects (accidentally applied Rupture).

The team is still investigating 'Vettes Armor Amp and other gameplay inconsistencies based on player feedback and will be making further updates to address these areas. We thought it best to put out what we can in a timely fashion and continue to make improvements as they are available, rather than delay to fix everything at once.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Jan. 22, 2019, 6:54 p.m.

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-235318) said:

We are releasing a hotfix tomorrow that addresses much of the critical player feedback we have seen regarding our most recent update including: reducing Legendary Battle Bonus costs, Rupture Ram damage, restoring the loadout tooltip from Orbit and Respawn screens, and giving Tartarus Missile its pre-patch effects (accidentally applied Rupture).

The team is still investigating 'Vettes Armor Amp and other gameplay inconsistencies based on player feedback and will be making further updates to address these areas. We thought it best to put out what we can in a timely fashion and continue to make improvements as they are available, rather than delay to fix everything at once.

Glad to see that the team is on top of things. This is an excellent response time to some of the top issues; please pass along my appreciation!

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Jan. 22, 2019, 7:40 p.m.

i mean why not revert armor amp back to kinetic immediatly as well? granted ya youre responding very quick but in all seriousness that ability doesnt need anymore time investigating. You all gave the Assassin class of the game a invincibility button you might as well hotfix it to include the powerstar theme from mario in the meantime.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 23, 2019, 12:17 a.m.

DN_EmptyTuxedo#3505 posted (#post-235318) said:

Corvette armor amp is the biggest enchilada on the plate. Not only is it crazy to give a vette enough time to "order a pizza" but if they can tap into desperate measures they can make a stop at the liquor store too. It's the equivalent of giving a dreadnought a 30k blast pulse with 1k range.... (I'm trying to illustrate the juxtaposition of crossing modules between dreadnoughts and corvettes)

Come join me @ Twitch

Jan. 27, 2019, 11:29 a.m.

yes AA vet is disgusting .... nice jobs devs for this, keep going destroying your game . if you want rupture just create new module but bring back purge ram and purge beam to stop AA vet .

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.