FORUMS

Rupture Ram and Corvette Armor Amp: Discord discussion

Posted: //
Jan. 20, 2019, 1:54 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2019, 1:56 p.m.

CONTRIBUTORS (BY DISCORD USERNAME):

[UNYU]SOMETHINGUSERNAME - [OSS]POLARIS - DRAGGOMMER - FLYINGCOW64 - DRAGONYCHUS - [BIX]SOLDIERHOBBES

Rupture and Armor.pdf This is a PDF document we compiled based on our discussion of the two modules in question, what the issues are, why, specifically, they're having such an impact on the meta, and what could be done to fix this.

Born to ride the storm description

Jan. 20, 2019, 9:01 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 21, 2019, 8:45 a.m.

Thank you for this thoughtful, well written dissertation. I agree with all of the contents completely. Let us hope your suggested actions or others like them are taken to maintain balance.

Come join me @ Twitch

Jan. 21, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

Excellent points

I agree with all points as well

As a PS4 player I did not see Purge Ram being used very much. Plasma Ram was of course the most used - and this was typically used as a sacrifice or trade attack.

A 20% armor boost may have made the original Purge Ram viable ( low damage but at the cost of disabling)

I would suggest bringing back the standard Purge Ram but add the 20% damage reduction bonus when it is activated.

I have never seen or used Blast Ram in action and this type of bonus could make that module viable as well.

Just thinking of the possibility of disabling a ship and then the next goal possibly being for the Ram ship to escape sounds quite interesting.

Nothing to add about the Corvette notes. Again just an excellent job of breaking everything down, Thank you

Jan. 21, 2019, 3:38 p.m.

On PC at least, Plasma and Purge Rams were both highly viable in Legendary, with Plasma being used mostly to take down healers and Purge being used to break open formations.

Born to ride the storm description

Jan. 21, 2019, 6:30 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 21, 2019, 6:31 p.m.

man i tell ya, have no clue as to how the armor amp mod for vettes became a good idea to implement.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.