FORUMS

T5 Bombers vs T5 Interceptors...wut?

Posted: //
Jan. 22, 2019, 9:29 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 23, 2019, 1:55 p.m.

Okay, so looking at the damage...T5 Bombers seem massively superior to T5 Interceptors.

T5 Bombers gets 4 bombers with 4 attack runs with 3000 damage per mine and a 400 AoE on a 45 second cooldown. Unlimited range. Max damage for a single target: 30004=120004=48000 damage on a disrupt effect.

VSAnyDesk

T5 Interceptors gets 2 Jets launched, 1 attack run, no AoE, max damage of 36000, a 35 second cooldown and unlimited range. Mobdro

Personally, I think T5 Interceptors needs a buff. A big one. T5 Bombers justifies it's power by letting you kill the bombers. T5 Interceptors lack the power to justify the vulnerability of targeting the jets.

Suggestion: Increase max damage by 50% and add 2 additional jets launched (each worth 25% of the additional 50%).VidMate

This decreases the vulnerability of jets by spreading the damage out more and bringing the damage output up enough to justify the additional vulnerability.

If you like this analysis please look at Fighters (range increase) and a general buff to T4/5 Interceptor and Bomber movement speed (say they use boosters to get into range that justify their awful and predictable pathing since while using boosters they can't steer well or risk having the craft break up, in space. Well...game mechanics, thats

Jan. 24, 2019, 11:07 a.m.

Just gonna tell you the same thing I told you on reddit

Jan. 25, 2019, 3:40 a.m.

Your are totally wrong on this.

While the mere numbers may be correct you ignore a significant detail. Interceptors deal their 30k damage as burst damage which means the 30k damage are in effect immediately. Unexpecting players will fall easy prey to them as most of the ships don't have a big enough health pool to survive their one time attack.

Bombers on the other hand dish out their 48k damage over a very long period of time making it easy for their target to mitigate the damage. That's why bombers only excel in blinding their enemies, not damaging them.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

https://sad-clan.pro

Bild

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.