FORUMS

Squads in Matchmaking

Posted: //
Jan. 28, 2019, 2:44 p.m.

Sorry if I've missed a webcast or an article covering this but does matchmaking, when calculating balance, still treat a squad as one player?

Come join me @ Twitch

Jan. 29, 2019, 2:06 a.m.

Unless it's changed, MM tries to place squads vs squads, as far as I know size and player level is not taken in to account. It also looks like from a balance perspective it's counts them as a single player, but nothing had ever been said to my knowlage.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Jan. 29, 2019, 1:12 p.m.

I recently had a match where I was on a team with no squads and 2 bots. The other team was two full squads... it was unpleasent.

I almost always run solo, and almost always land on a team of randoms, and 70% of my matches are against a squad...

sometimes back to back against the same squad over and over.

The Leg pop and que times are as best as they have ever been, but matchmaking leaves much to be desired!

The excuse of "find a squad or die" isn't in the spirit of the game IMO.

ever since LR, the game balance has been thrown off in general

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Jan. 30, 2019, 4:32 a.m.

just because you can't tell there is a squad on your team, it's not an indication that there is not a squad.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Feb. 7, 2019, 10:08 p.m.

I can understand that it's difficult to tell if your team has a squad on it or not, I usually have trouble just figuring out if players are human unless they speak... But it's not difficult to see that a game which you solo queued into where the entire enemy team has names starting with "< something >" and your team has no such naming convention - a match that ends with the other team getting at least three times the score your team does - a match that's almost always terratory control with your team getting spawnkilled five minutes in - a match that you've seen many many times before and really wonder if there's any point to playing the game at all...

I lost my train of thought.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the recruit lobby where there aren't professional looking teams.

And I do mean lobby, not a game. Currently at "Searching: 00:49:21".

Feb. 8, 2019, 12:18 p.m.

If it goes past 4 minutes, 're queue. There is a bug that can happen where you sit in the queue forever.

Feb. 10, 2019, 1:46 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 10, 2019, 1:47 p.m.

Pointing out one thing.. Its a game where you can talk and communicate with other people .. If squads are your problem? Why not find some friends to group up with and wreck some hulls up in space aswell? You even can talk to thows that you play against and ask if you can fly with them ...!!!?! Why am i saying this? because i'm always flying in a squad of 2. And we make proudly kills between 7 to 15 kills avarage, in best cases i'm above 15 to 20 kills. Never did anyone ask me dude can i fly with you.. And i would gladly take you up in my team and learn you some tricks what would help you guys out alot !! But by just flying alone all by your selfs makes you weaker then groups at any time.

Grz +evil+

21K + 4D + 5A = Godlike !!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.