FORUMS

CH's Easy 4 Step Shipyard Fix

Posted: //
Nov. 6, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

So after much consideration and thought as to the things that frustrate me the most about the shipyard update I have decided that I would be more than satisfied if the simple following steps were implemented.

1. Remove maintenance just for losing a match. Reason: You can be the best player in the game and still not score in the top 3 because of how points are awarded in game for an individuals impact on the outcome. I have been in more matches than I can count where I am the sole reason my team didn't lose a lot faster because of how I played and yet I still have to pay for maintenance.

2. Fix the bug that makes you pay maintenance after a crash. Reason: Obvious, shouldn't be too hard and is simple enough.

3. Provide 1 ship in each class at Tier 1 for each manufacturer. Reason: Many people don't want to have to go through several aion's and corvettes just to get to the ship they want. This reason applies to multiple kinds of preferences on what ships people want, not just my example in particular.

4. Each next Tier costs no more than 50% more than the previous Tier. Using the Tier 1 ship's current cost as a baseline. Reason: Nobody wants to have to grind through a week of playing 10 matches a day to afford the insane cost of the Tier 3-5 ships. And that is a very conservative estimate, using Elite status as a boost. Much of the player base would take longer because they don't know the tricks to help boost their points.

I would be surprised if many people didn't agree with me on this, but hey I could be wrong.

Greybox, Yager, and 6ft have been pretty good at listening to reason when they implement something that nobody likes. Please don't stop listening now because you feel under the gun to get the game released. The community will always prefer a game made right before release than one made in haste.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Nov. 6, 2016, 7:39 p.m.

As far as 1 and 2 go, they should just remove the maintenance altogether. A currency sink in this game's economy is completely unnecessary. For 3, if we went with your idea each player would start with 15 tier 1 ships. It may be a little overwhelming. I wouldn't completely rule it out, but it might make more sense if whichever class inst available at tier 1 is made available at tier 2. Personally I'm against the entire tier system, and would prefer the old system of unlocking multiple ships every time a certain level is reached.

Your 4th idea is great though and its what most players want to see in this game as well. Nobody wants to play a game that is a huge grind fest and will only allow them to play a few ships without committing insane hours. Hopefully the devs will significantly decrease the costs of higher tier ships this next patch, or else they will continue to lose their player base.

Nov. 7, 2016, 12:47 a.m.

Thanks for the input, personally though I think maintenance for match quitters should stay in place because of how much one team being down 1 or more people for any length of time is.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Nov. 7, 2016, 3:22 a.m.

Maintenance cost for leaving a match early should be in place, but only when the MM gets fixed.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 15, 2016, 8:08 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 15, 2016, 8:15 p.m.

I'm bumping this since I'm furious about maintenance.

Nov. 15, 2016, 9:29 p.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-53853)

Maintenance cost for leaving a match early should be in place, but only when the MM gets fixed.

Maintenance won't stop match quitters, who quit now and will continue to do so. All it does is screw over people who legit disconnect. want to reduce match quitters? make the matches seem fair and offer rewards for staying not punishments for leaving.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 16, 2016, 3:35 a.m.

Quite possibly, some people will quit regardless because they don't have the discipline to see a match through even if it doesn't end favorably for them.

And yes a more positive progression system would do wonders for keeping people interested to finish matches.

Nov. 16, 2016, 11:08 a.m.

How is it that I lose Credits? In one match I went down by 500 credits. I was going to purchase another T3 ship, but decided to wait a while and now I don't have enough! lol... Where do I go to get a proper explanation of how you award credits, free XP, and ship XP? Also I still have yet to figure out the battle ranking... lol

You are not awarding enough to people who take the time and effort to wait out all the closed beta bugs... Who knows how long before I can afford a T4 ship let alone the 2 T5's I want that I had before progression...
Not sure I can stick around and wait that long.

Nov. 16, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

Way back when shipyard first hit I had written a pretty lengthy post about how it impacted fun. A lot of what I loved about DN was lost and or more randomized.

Now after really pounding away at it. I can say that it can be fun. There are just a ton of obstacles in the way of it. I mostly agree with the list. I know you guys already addressed the money system to a point but I definitely agree more tweaking is needed. Especially module cost.

Like right now why does T3 even matter? You will absolutely be up against T4s for the most part so it's better to just speed through T3 as fast as possible. Don't waste XP or Credits on branching paths because you're ultimately wasting your time. The update that locked recruit from veterans was great. Good job there.

About ship choice? Absolutely! Making us go through a ship/class we hate really sucks out a lot of enthusiasm. I hate... HATE Aion. In the past I didn't. Because it wasn't a forced prison sentence. I'd play it for fun or to experiment. However being forced to use it? Yeah, now I hate it and honestly it's impacted my opinion of all tacts.

Also given the current system the way it's impacted how players learn the game is... really reinforcing a lot of original complaints like Corvette OP and players being unaware of secondary weapons.

Maintenance... obviously the big one. Punishing players for defeat still feels like a mistake. Even sing the word punish should be a warning sigh when making a game outside of breaking the rules/poor sportsmanship. IE quitting. Punish away for that. Impacting winnings is fun. Making us go into to debt for artificial down time?

Again given the current system here's what you run into. T1 through T2 is pretty balanced and not to bad of an experience so long as you remember to keep a T1 in the fleet so you don't fight T3 - T4. Now you've finally gotten a T3. All this ship represents is a massive gamble. You've got limited options and no XP for it. Plus it'll be your only choice in that Tier. If people are hard countering Arty (Corvettes) and it's your only choice? Ouch. Sure you could bring your T2s with you but... well that's nearly just as bad given the gap.

All of this stacks up to a risk that seems unappealing. Like... I'd rather almost stay in my T2 hole than venture out. Plus the feeling of... maybe I made a mistake grinding all this for that T3 I choose. I've always loved sniping... and yet I couldn't help but feel maybe I made a terrible mistake and should have gotten the T3 vette instead. At least it's more adaptable.

I know you guys seem to have a death grip on maintenance. Maybe consider keeping it for T4/T5 only? That's actually gives a decent reason to want a T3...

Anyways just endorsing what Horn said giving a few thoughts of my own.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.