FORUMS

Idea: Que Solo gets a bonus exp?

Posted: //
Feb. 6, 2019, 12:47 a.m.

I bet squads win alot more and get a 25% bonus alot more. They probably squad because they have friends, enjoy it, and then as a bonus they win a good bit against pugs.

How about if you que solo, give a 10/15/25% more bonus to exp? Recruit 10%, vet 15%, Legendary 25%

Just a suggestion.

Dreadnought : Great Game just growing pains

Feb. 6, 2019, 1:08 a.m.

Did you thought of finding people to squad with? I mean, the community is really nice and its easy to find people to squad with. Here's three easy way to find squadmates.

After a match, ask in the chat if anyone want to squad with you.

On discord, there is an official dreadnought server and people are often willing to squad with nearly anyone. And even if you don't have a microphone to speak, you can still join groups.

I myself have made a lot of friends by watching Dreadnought streamers on Twitch and asking if I could squad with them. Just hop on when someone is streaming and ask if you can squad with them. A lot will say yes.

In the end, there's only one thing that matter in my opinion and that's if your not whining too much and can hold yourself people won't mind play with you again. And if you're good, well, then people will seek to squad with you. Heck I've made some online friendship that way.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

Feb. 6, 2019, 1:45 a.m.

I get where you are coming from. But then when you win, you'd get 50% more XP playing solo(at legendary). What would be the point of playing as a team then?

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 6, 2019, 4:56 a.m.

Playing in a squad in legendary is kind of a 90%+ chance to win all battles because of the small playerbase and the unlikelyhood of facing other squads. Sure, a solo player would be granted more xp, but a solo player does not have a 90%+ winrate like squads do. Dont tell me your winrate is lower than that when squadding

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 6, 2019, 5:03 a.m.

Willis had an idea over 2 years ago about a particular game-mode with "Mercenary" type rule-set with no squadding allowed.

But what does that guy know

Feb. 6, 2019, 6:42 p.m.

I like the idea, but squads would probably never get a match, unless you gather enough players for a match e.g. via discord.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 6, 2019, 11:39 p.m.

Daganisoraan#4391 posted (#post-239238) said:

Did you thought of finding people to squad with? I mean, the community is really nice and its easy to find people to squad with. Here's three easy way to find squadmates.

After a match, ask in the chat if anyone want to squad with you.

On discord, there is an official dreadnought server and people are often willing to squad with nearly anyone. And even if you don't have a microphone to speak, you can still join groups.

I myself have made a lot of friends by watching Dreadnought streamers on Twitch and asking if I could squad with them. Just hop on when someone is streaming and ask if you can squad with them. A lot will say yes.

In the end, there's only one thing that matter in my opinion and that's if your not whining too much and can hold yourself people won't mind play with you again. And if you're good, well, then people will seek to squad with you. Heck I've made some online friendship that way.

I use to squad and it was fur for a few battles, then it was sad to win that way. Games were very lopsided. Games where low scoring. NO challenge. SQUAD was like shooting fish in a barrel.

When in a squad it was really bad, i would end up apologizing to some of the pugs.

I would say, "keep your chins up" or "keep playing" or "thanks for the game, que up again, keep at it"

I would literally load my lesser ships or just allow them to kill the command ship so they could get some points. Some opponents would literally just drop out of the game.

I solo que now and it is alot more challenging. Winrate is low, and exp is a grind. BUT i would rather que solo and be the underdog than que with a squad and seal club.

Feb. 6, 2019, 11:47 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-239239) said:

I get where you are coming from. But then when you win, you'd get 50% more XP playing solo(at legendary). What would be the point of playing as a team then?

Team play- being able to have friends group up, talking, socializing, organized play... shared bonus elite status.

I bet the Squad "teaming up" would still get more exp by the end of the time period playing. Ie they would win more of the time vs the Solo player. The graph would literally be peaks and valleys for The solo player, while the squad would be a plateu of probably 20% more exp all the time they squad. Solo player would win maybe every 4 games a get a 50% bonus every 5th game. Sometimes i go 0/5 in solo play. I remember not getting the contract 1 night for WIN a Battle or WIN at Conquest.

I would think the squad would still come out ahead.

Feb. 7, 2019, 12:50 a.m.

Let me just preface the remainder of this post by saying I think that in a team based game such as this, squadding is the best way to experience it and will make for a stronger overall community.

That being said....

We've got a rank cap of 50 with a lot of us well into the 100s, 200s, 300s+ in virtual rank who know each other on discord and organize in a squad where the matchmaking system pairs them up with another squad (which could be just actual level 50 players) and creates a massive differential in not only ships and their modules, but officer briefings, map knowledge, and tactics as well.

This is the main reason for the imbalance solo, mostly newer, players face today. They have no built-in ability to coordinate their efforts aside from quick commands or stopping to type something in the chat box. The development team has yet to address this. Dreadnought partners are encouraged to squad up and suggest that it is what I should be doing along with seeking out 3rd party software in order to communicate via voice. I find it very disconcerting they are the champions of the game yet they are exploiting this weakness in matchmaking. The motivation to win as a team will always be there but when one is suffocated from scoring or finding any fun at all it will dissipate.

So...

Throw those with very little motivation to continue the grind a bone. The idea to give solo players that bump is the least that can be done right now.

Come join me @ Twitch

May 25, 2019, 3:41 p.m.

Does anyone know if the team has considered this idea yet? I'm getting throttled by squads again so I have opted to use proving grounds to earn credits.

Come join me @ Twitch

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.