FORUMS

Artiller Cruisers are ruining the game.

Posted: //
Feb. 6, 2019, 1:58 a.m.

Seriously, they are.

These games keep devolving into these little healballs where you have a bunch of artillery cruisers, at least two healers and a Dreadnought or two on both sides.

And everybody just sits back and snipes with artillery cruisers and fires nukes with dreadnoughts and heals.

If you play a Corvette your will do nothing the whole match but sit back and twiddle your thumbs till you get so bored you try to flank them and die instantly.

Like Dreadnoughts? Well you better have your nukes ready. otherwise you'll be as useless as a Corvette. You'll sit back doing nothing till you get bored and try to charge the distance and will get eaten by artillery cruisers as you inch your way across the field.

People seem to keep blaming the Tactical cruisers but it's not really them so much as Artillery cruisers.

It takes only a moment of thought to realize Sniper ships is a horrible idea.

You WANT big, dramatic battles with Dreadnoughts floating by broadsiding eachother at point blank. Corvettes zipping around the outskirts diving in and out to pick off damaged enemies. Tactical cruisers repairing everybody.

Sniper ships destroy that.

I creates this giant no man's land in the middle of the map where nobody can cross without getting shredded at max range. No big, glorious battles anymore. Just potshots at distant spots.

Don't like it? Too bad. The game has sniper ships.

Screw that. I say change it. Rather than snipers, Artillery ships could be AOE focused launch big bombs and guns that hit clustered enemies. Without the oppressive sniping to force these BS stalemates fleets will be forced to close the distance in order to engage. we'll be free to taste the glory of battle the way it should be.

"When they look upon you and your enemy, let then see the difference between good and evil."

Feb. 6, 2019, 5:01 a.m.

-Dreadnoughts can Warp to artilleries. And with the right combo of plasma broadsides/secondary blam even slap that arty out of the sky before they can dive or get healed. -Also have Nukes

-Destroyers can warp too, just takes a bit of aiming.

-Corvettes can stealth along with being all nimbly-bimbly and hard for an arty to hit (with expereienced piloting) -Also can Target Blink Warp -and Blink Warp -and Thrust Amp

-Tactical cruisers can Emergency Evac, or Cloak, or Warp to teammate (assuming that team mate can get close to the arty)

-Artillery can counter-snipe with Guns and Mine Catapault

Assuming that none of the Mentors respond or show interest in helping anybody out, please feel free to holler at me and I would be more than happy to explain/show you guys how to break through these mental barriers of percieved invulnerablility you build around particular aspects of this game.

Feb. 6, 2019, 5:08 a.m.

There is no need to erase snipers from the game entirely. Are they annoying? Yes. But are they impossible to deal with? Of course not!

There are multiple ways of getting rid of them.

• Nuke them out of the sky. Since nukes have received buffs to damage and blast radius they are perfectely able to dispose of artillery cruisers across the entire map.
  • Slice and dice. As artillery cruisers tend to hang back and snipe from afar they are usually unprotected which means they fall easy prey to every fast moving, hard hitting (cloaked) ship such as Corvettes or the JA tac cruiser.
  • Snipe back. Have artillery cruisers of your own focusing enemy snipers. This way the enemy snipers are forced to take cover where they can't snipe you.

Artillery cruisers are only able to dominate a match if the opposing team allows it to happen by not adapting its own team composition properly.

Playing with randoms makes it hard to get a well balanced team composition that reflects the tactical situation, I'll give you that. But this game is more fun playing in a coordinated squad anyway. This is just one more reason to do it.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Feb. 6, 2019, 5:14 a.m.

It's not even that Artillery cruisers are overpowered (Although I very much think they are) my main point here is that they create stale gameplay by forcing max range battles.

Dreadnought and destroyer warping in my experience doesn't get you all the way to the arty cruisers.

A Corvette might be able to stealth or otherwise sneak over but once they get there, what can they do to a heal ball of arty cruisers and tactical cruisers?

"When they look upon you and your enemy, let then see the difference between good and evil."

Feb. 6, 2019, 5:15 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 6, 2019, 5:42 a.m.

Also I have no friends on Dreadnought anymore. The ones I did have were as nooby as I am or worse.

Sooo....

Feb. 6, 2019, 6:29 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 6, 2019, 6:46 a.m.

Seriously though, ya ever notice how 9 of 10 games the top scoring players are those commanding Artillery Cruisers?

The players who take the least risk get the most reward. It should be the other way around.

Heck I despise Artillery Crusaers but every time I command one, my score is usually like 10/1 no effort, no skill. I pointed and shot all game long.

Feb. 6, 2019, 6:47 p.m.

Sir Kyle#3145 posted (#post-239272) said:

Seriously though, ya ever notice how 9 of 10 games the top scoring players are those commanding Artillery Cruisers?

The players who take the least risk get the most reward. It should be the other way around.

Heck I despise Artillery Crusaers but every time I command one, my score is usually like 10/1 no effort, no skill. I pointed and shot all game long.

There is always a class that shines in getting nice K/D ratios. Question is, did you do anything that carried your team towards victory? Outside Team Deathmatch Artillery cruisers dont get points very easily. Also, pick any corvette, sneak upon an arty cruiser and snack it. Learn the counters. Join the discord if you need a helping hand on how to handle different situations.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Feb. 6, 2019, 7:10 p.m.

Kurt_Hustle#0982 posted (#post-239367) said:

Sir Kyle#3145 posted (#post-239272) said:

There is always a class that shines in getting nice K/D ratios. Question is, did you do anything that carried your team towards victory? Outside Team Deathmatch Artillery cruisers dont get points very easily. Also, pick any corvette, sneak upon an arty cruiser and snack it. Learn the counters. Join the discord if you need a helping hand on how to handle different situations.

Dead enemy team is a pretty huge advantage.

Anyways I found your dicord channel. There are no joinable lobbies though. Do I need permission for that?

Feb. 7, 2019, 1:50 a.m.

You need to assign your self rolls to see the right channels, like !PC if your a PC player.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 7, 2019, 5:37 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-239374) said:

You need to assign your self rolls to see the right channels, like !PC if your a PC player.

How do I do that?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.