FORUMS

T4 spamm in game

Posted: //
Nov. 7, 2016, 10:34 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 7, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

I suggest disable capability take premium T4 ships for few weeks.
Developers look at statistics! A lot of "players" just blatantly exploit it, they have no great skills, or tactics, just use overpowerd ships like Kali+Gora. They killed equal chance's of teams to win.

Illusion's, Lord_Griffin,TheBorg - open statistics of this noballs pressXtowin players an look what u done. I counted at least 10 players. who made squads on T4 ships for easy win.

PS: i had all premium ships. but don use them if dont see T4 in enemy team, because it kill the already unbalanced game

Nov. 7, 2016, 10:49 p.m.

I dont use mine either,and its actually sad watching people using tier 4 ships in tier 2 battles,especially Gora and Trident,its like you dont like the challenge at all.With more people though on the way,matchmaker should do its job better,but yes to say the truth,its not that pleasant coming across 2 Heavy Dreadnoughts and a heavy healer in smaller tiers.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 8, 2016, 12:20 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-54042)

With more people though on the way,matchmaker should do its job better

Actually, that reminds me, does matchmaker even take this into account? It never asks me what ship I'd like to play as, it just dumps me in a match with whatever ship I want to switch to. Matchmaker can't filter out high tier ships from low tier matches if it doesn't even /ask/ what tier ship you're intending to play.

Nov. 8, 2016, 1 a.m.

It prob boils down to such a low pop and groups. Removing groups would force thoes 3 groups to break up and hopefully lead to better games. But the core problem is the tier system, i have 1 t3 on my team, and rest t2-t1 vs 2 premade groups and 2 randoms. We got 1 kill. People on the other team then attempted to trash talk us after the game.

The game is bleeding a bit

Professional players make a living. Semi-pro's get paid enough to try again.

Nov. 8, 2016, 2:09 a.m.

Lol, don't fault the player, fault the system. The game is now a grinder, and unless you're a mas0chist (why on earth is this word on the filter?) there's no reason to artificially prolong your grind by not playing the best ships you've got available, i.e. T4 premiums. So T4 spam all the way. Or do like I and many others and just don't play.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Nov. 8, 2016, 7:42 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-54070)

Lol, don't fault the player, fault the system. The game is now a grinder, and unless you're a mas0chist (why on earth is this word on the filter?) there's no reason to artificially prolong your grind by not playing the best ships you've got available, i.e. T4 premiums. So T4 spam all the way. Or do like I and many others and just don't play.

So if I see a bike unlocked I'm allowed to take it?

People playing hero ships in T4 are abusers and deserve no mercy, they ruin a lot of games of a lot of people. They know they will get matched up with lower ranks so they play it to get easy wins, they are ruining it on purpose. On the other hand, people that simply unlocked their T3 and T4 ships are as much a victim as the T1 and T2 players.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 8, 2016, 8:05 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 8:09 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-54365)

People playing hero ships in T4 are abusers and deserve no mercy, they ruin a lot of games of a lot of people. They know they will get matched up with lower ranks so they play it to get easy wins, they are ruining it on purpose. On the other hand, people that simply unlocked their T3 and T4 ships are as much a victim as the T1 and T2 players.

Stealing is a crime, playing T4 ships is intended game mechanics. Bad comparison is bad. Again, if you don't like the game mechanics blame the game developers, not the players.

The goal of the game is to win within the rules established by the developers. Intentionally choosing a weaker ship in a PVP game out of some false sense of morality makes no sense, just weakens your own team and if reports were in you should get reported for it~~

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Nov. 8, 2016, 8:18 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-54365)

Using Hero Ship =/= theft.

What's silly is saying, "Hey, you can't use that thing you paid money for because it's worse for free users." If you have your bike which you paid for, you shouldn't have to walk because most of us are. If anything, your line of thinking is closer to theft since it condemns and suggest forbidding the use of something they have every right to use. I understand your outrage, but please direct it at the closer source: the system.

The issue resides in the system for three primary reason:
1. Low population.
2. Larger amount of players required for matches.
3. Match making designed to allow cross-bracket (different from cross-tier) matching.

1 & 2 simply don't mix, and it was a shocking choice to make. It simply wasn't the right time to implement the second, even if it is a good idea. The third, however, is outright disappointing and short-sighted. It provides a "fix" for 1 & 2, but makes the experience miserable and is outside of what they had seemed to indicate would exist: three separate brackets.

When I first played, I went with T1 for the experience. Oh, I have T4's, I simply chose not to dive into them right out of the gate. Once I learned of this cross-bracket match making, I just stopped playing entirely. It wasn't enjoyable for me to play T1's, and I refused to simply join the other side of the stomping. Don't assume T4's have knowledge of the broken system by default; I didn't. Don't assume they're being bullies; you don't know. And don't ever, ever, suggesting taking away what people have paid for: they invested in the future of this game and got burned just the same as you.

Named a loadout "DreadLife." Later reflected that it really ought to be read in context.

Nov. 8, 2016, 11:43 a.m.

@Sheltari post#5058

Fantastic write up pretty much on point with everything I wanted to say so since you beat me to it I will just give you props.

Nov. 8, 2016, 6:16 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 6:16 p.m.

Don't complain at the player, complain at the developer that set it up that way to begin with Lance. It could be argued that its a good thing they bought those ships, since that helps to extend the lifespan of the game as after all nobody is simply going to develop a game AND pay for server hosting out of pocket if they didn't have some means of covering the costs and making something themselves. Fact of the matter is, its a free to play game and so it will need some kind of optional item for currency to bring in profit to cover costs but at the same time its an extremely small pop. In fact at the time of writing this, I believe the game has an smaller population than Fractured Space even despite the fact that Fractured Space had less advertising which again costs money and fewer Youtube content creators pushing it. So the developers are in a position where they need data feedback while having an incredibly small pool of testers to draw on for that, which forces the position of matchmaking being what it is now in order to get games going both to occupy players AND get them statistics on how they are performing in relation to ships, systems, etc.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.