FORUMS

PSA: Ship Credit Cost Adjustments & More Matchmaking Changes

Posted: //
Nov. 8, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

Greetings, Captains!

It’s time to break open your piggy bank and tap into your secret mattress cash stash—we’re making ships cheaper!

Besides adjusting prices, we will also be making some changes to matchmaking that should greatly improve your in-game experience.

Matchmaking

We’ve already spoken about the current state of the matchmaking system and have announced our initial changes to it (read more in our recent PSA). After evaluating the latest feedback and data, we have decided that further adjustments need to be made. In the patch (11/10), we will implement a temporary matchmaking separation between Recruit and Veteran / Legendary fleets. This separation will stay in place until we reach a player count that is sufficient to allow the matchmaking algorithm to work as intended. Once we reach this player count, this separation will be lifted.

This means that from next week on—until we have sufficiently high player numbers—Recruit fleets will no longer be matched with Veteran or Legendary fleets.

XP and Credit changes

Many of you have reached the point where you have begun researching tier-III ships, but are unable to afford them because of their high Credits cost. We’ve crunched the numbers, and we agree—these ships are too expensive. Currently, the relation between XP cost to research a new ship and the Credits cost to buy it is not where it needs to be.

Later this week, we will be making a hotfix that will address this issue. The amount of Credits needed to buy all ships from tier III to tier V will be greatly reduced. Additionally, XP costs within the branches of the Tech Trees will be decreased, while XP costs to upgrade to higher ship tiers will be increased. We think that these changes will improve the process of upgrading within Tech Trees as well as make the XP-Credit ratio more reasonable as a whole.

Tier II > III Upgrade
XP: No Change
Credits: 50,000 > 24,000

Tier III > III Branch
XP: 20,000 > 14,000
Credits: 74,000 > 22,000

Tier III > IV Upgrade
XP: 50,000 > 65,000
Credits: 225,000 > 100,000

Tier IV > IV Branch
XP: 75,000 > 60,000
Credits: 300,000 > 95,000

Tier IV > V Upgrade
XP: 100,000 > 225,000
Credits: 500,000 > 300,000

We also understand that some of you have already upgraded your ships within the previous price framework. We want to thank everyone who put in the time to make it into the higher tiers—your efforts were critical in alerting us about this issue, and helping us address it. With that in mind, we unfortunately won’t be issuing any Credit refunds to the players that have reached tier III before the price reduction.

Again, we thank you for your help. We will continue to monitor the game economy and make sure prices and player progression make sense.

Please let us know what you think of the latest changes, and continue to give us any feedback you may have.

Thank you!

EDIT: This patch has been delayed from Wednesday the 9th to later in the week, hopefully Thursday morning.

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Nov. 8, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

Awesome and sorry for those who already purchased smile
Also more than i have hoped for

Nov. 8, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

It is really nice to hear that but what about module costs? They are also too expensive and need your attention. We already report that. What do you think about this? Will you also reduce costs for modules in tomorrow's hotfix?

A module can't be the same price or higher than a huge ship right?

Nov. 8, 2016, 3:16 p.m.

I'll keep waiting a reset then.
For all of us that serve greatly to report the troubles, it's quite hard to hear "Hey thanks for your service... But now I have the used of it, I won't even give you anything to worth your time."
Even partial refund would have been welcome.
Now for the not complain part:

T3 are more affordable. Great! T$ cost is quite high, but doable. T5... Ouch! But as it's supposed to be the greatest ships, so... All in all why not?
Now there is still some flaws in your system:

-I REALLY don't get why the upgrade T2>T3 cost less than T3>T3 when T3>T4 cost more than T4>T4 (the last make perfect sense.)
It would have some IF an officer briefing was on the same tiers. This would be the point of making a T3>T3 costing much. Sadly that not true.

-I still think that forcing some player to go one or multiple time through a same Tiers is counter productive, as you didn't really rework your ship to worth the time that some people will spend doing that.

-Finally once someone will go through the maze and pay what is required in terms of time, credits and XP to have his great ship... He will find that officer briefing are still scattered through all the other ship/manufacturers.

Getting what you want is still a pain. You need to go trough multiple ship, what ever you want. And there isn't much player that like to play all the type of ships. Some will prefer to play sniper, while some don't. The actual system don't give you much of a choice.
I really don't think it will work on the long term. But that just my feeling after all...

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Nov. 8, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

Awesome,great news.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 8, 2016, 3:31 p.m.

Thanks!

Forged in Apulia.

Nov. 8, 2016, 4:12 p.m.

I cannot wait! thank you very much for these changes

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

Nov. 8, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 8, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

No refund? I bought my first T3 today after hours of awesome grind, its still not the ship I am going for, the tech tree I would really like to test. 50k credits gone. One who buys the ship tomorrow has 30k credits more left and can most likely fully research (tons of xp) and partially equip the ship, while I have to grind again to get the 22k for the T3>T3 ?!

So I ask again: No refund?!

Nov. 8, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

I think after patch most of the players had only one T3 ship and you can give all players some credit for refund. Don't forget that we are here to help you for the game. And you can reward us with some credit which costs you nothing but means us a lot...

Nov. 8, 2016, 5:48 p.m.

The real fun only starts at T4. I say scrap T1-3 in one line and be done with it. Customisation is the fun, not being able to win because of statistically stronger ships.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.