FORUMS

Pay to win

Posted: //
Nov. 8, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

The game became a lot worse than it was, now I'm sorry that I supported the developers by buying both premium packs. The developers have created the conditions and the players blatantly using them to have easy wins by spamming T4 Gora+ Kali. Game dead for me, client is deleted now. Until positive changes do not advise anyone to run game.

Nov. 8, 2016, 9:34 p.m.

Hey there Liguan,

I am sorry your experience with the new Shipyard update has not been smooth. From what I read it sounds like most of your frustration comes in people bringing Veteran or T4 ships into recruit fleet matches? Tell me if I am off base, I want to understand.

If this is the case, the T4 in a recruit match is a result of a few different aspects, one of those being population. We are looking at what solutions we can take, but as it is now if people spend a significant time in queue they will just get put in the next available match. This situation should resolve itself as the beta ramps up and the numbers increase.

Again if I am off base and missing your frustration points please let me know!

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Nov. 8, 2016, 10:25 p.m.

DN_Dariuas#6010 posted (#post-54646)

. This situation should resolve itself as the beta ramps up and the numbers increase.

I wouldn't be so sure. No reason to play game, where the sides chances of winning are not nearly equal. You know about the problem but do nothing, just hope "numbers increase". Want a solution? How to easily fix all unbalanced matches problems? Turn off premium ships for a while. 1 Month for example. While you'll not notice serious problems like T4 spamm I would not expect "numbers increase", outflow only. 6 my friends temporarily stopped play, gess why? I hope it is clear.

Nov. 9, 2016, 4:02 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2016, 4:03 a.m.

You pretty much have fixed 8 player T4 groups queuing together, unable to find another T4 group, and the entire group gets queued with a bunch of random peeps. mostly made up of T1 and T2. They slaughter them, and then repeat. Just racking up cash off the bad match making.

I would not bother playing till they fix match making.

I'm not convinced it can ever be really good, as they pursued a older system of 6 Queue buckets, that splits their user base and reduces people available to each bucket. Most companies have moved towards fewer queue buckets and tricks to allow everyone to play together from a single queue.

Nov. 9, 2016, 4:09 a.m.

Hey guys,

check out our latest announcement: PSA: SHIP CREDIT COST ADJUSTMENTS & MORE MATCHMAKING CHANGES

This week's patch will bring (among other general fixes) an adjustment to the credit cost of ships and planned for next week, that following patch will include a separation between Recruit and Veteran fleets. We will keep this separation until our player base is large enough to allow the matchmaking algorithm to do it's job as intended.

Good hunting!

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Nov. 9, 2016, 4:21 a.m.

The op didn't complain about a bumpy ("not smooth") experience. He complained about an unplayable game. Have you taken a look at your statistics lately? I mean, one quick glance over the forums and even I can tell you most people hate it. Saying everything will get better doesn't actually make anything better.

In fact, doing so makes you look even worse. This isn't an issue you can address by tweaking a few numbers. This is a general systemic issue that is so far off kilter it's not even funny anymore. At the danger of sounding like a broken record: This is a MOBA. Look at the successfull MOBAs out there and copy them. Do NOT copy totally unrelated games with mechanics that do not at all translate to this game.

This is not tanks, this is not warships. Dreadnought has the classic Moba setup with Tank, Damagedealer and Healer. If you treat it like the "World of"-stuff it will not work. Mobas are by nature competitive. This update trashed the competitive aspect. What is left is neither fun to play nor fun to watch.

Nov. 9, 2016, 12:15 p.m.

I've worked in games for over 25+ years. One flawed concept I see repeatedly in games is "This feature works great when we are successful". Most the companies that say that are out of business. Your match making system is based on that concept. When we have a ton of players it will work great, but what about when you don't have the players?

This game may need time to build an audience. It may not have 50,000 players online immediately. The Queue needs to not deter people from playing the game. In the company of 300+ people I work at, we play a lot of games. I am the only person interested in Dreadnought. I could not get anyone else to play because the Queue times are so long.

If you firmly believe your queue system will be better with more people, then you should open up Beta for a weekend and see if you get the number of players necessary to make it work. Else I'd figure a different structure for you matchmaking.

There are ways this game could have been structured to make a single queue work, to insure fast matchups, without a split tier population. Queue times need to be under 1 minute to be competitive with other games. If not, then you need an activity to entertain people while they wait, like a test area with A.I.s to fly around in your ship while you wait.

Nov. 9, 2016, 4:45 p.m.

Imrahil#3251 posted (#post-54669)

The op didn't complain about a bumpy ("not smooth") experience. He complained about an unplayable game. Have you taken a look at your statistics lately? I mean, one quick glance over the forums and even I can tell you most people hate it. Saying everything will get better doesn't actually make anything better.

In fact, doing so makes you look even worse. This isn't an issue you can address by tweaking a few numbers. This is a general systemic issue that is so far off kilter it's not even funny anymore. At the danger of sounding like a broken record: This is a MOBA. Look at the successfull MOBAs out there and copy them. Do NOT copy totally unrelated games with mechanics that do not at all translate to this game.

This is not tanks, this is not warships. Dreadnought has the classic Moba setup with Tank, Damagedealer and Healer. If you treat it like the "World of"-stuff it will not work. Mobas are by nature competitive. This update trashed the competitive aspect. What is left is neither fun to play nor fun to watch.

Thanks so much for saying this. This is what the devs really need to consider. Unfortunately despite all the time they put into this new tech tree system it just wont work. They need to revert back to a MOBA style progression system or this game will continue to lose it's player base.

Nov. 9, 2016, 6:55 p.m.

Tiers were a mistake.

Nov. 9, 2016, 10:13 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2016, 10:21 p.m.

Cizjut#6996 posted (#post-54786)

Tiers were a mistake.

Hate me or not,but i still like the idea,maybe rearranging some abilities,some ships too,but the whole progression change made Dreadnought more fun to me.Again,before people starting going crazy,i am talking about myself..But here and there some people on matches,claiming they like it too,crazy people must be..

P.S. @Liguan , Hero ships are not a "p2w".In normal circumstances,a tier 4 same class normal ship can have much better loadout..Its just they seem terrifying against tier 1/2 right now.Which makes sense..

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.