Pay to win

Posted: //
Nov. 9, 2016, 11:01 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2016, 11:01 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-54872)

Cizjut#6996 posted (#post-54786)

Tiers were a mistake.

Hate me or not,but i still like the idea,maybe rearranging some abilities,some ships too,but the whole progression change made Dreadnought more fun to me.Again,before people starting going crazy,i am talking about myself..But here and there some people on matches,claiming they like it too,crazy people must be..

P.S. @Liguan , Hero ships are not a "p2w".In normal circumstances,a tier 4 same class normal ship can have much better loadout..Its just they seem terrifying against tier 1/2 right now.Which makes sense..
Now, it this moment, squads of Kali+Gora is p2w, don't argue with the obvious. Take T2\T3 team and try to kill Gora with 2 Kali's. Please do not write nonsense. I often saw scores 100\4-8, K\D 19\0 , and you're trying to say that this is normal? No one would be talking about it if others also had a T4, but from battle to battle, you get to T2\T3 vs T4 squads blatantly using poor matchmaking. So, for now its P2W.

Nov. 9, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2016, 11:19 p.m.

Liguan#3078 posted (#post-54875)
Take T2\T3 team and try to kill Gora with 2 Kali's. Please do not write nonsense. I often saw scores 100\4-8, K\D 19\0 , and you're trying to say that this is normal? No one would be talking about it if others also had a T4, but from battle to battle, you get to T2\T3 vs T4 squads blatantly using poor matchmaking. So, for now its P2W.

We had those ships before this patch,we played against normal same lvl ships back then,to see that they are not OP,right now its just crappy matchmaking with not so many people,they just should be allowed at lower tiers.Legendary loadout should be only tier4 and tier5 ships.What you call p2w,i call it bad matchmaking,only because you can still be as fast destroyed with a normal higher tier ship.Which can be built,not bought.I dont use mine,i dont have them on any load out,cause there not much fun knowing that only one player with a better ship can make so much difference,i guess i like a bit of challenge,and those tier 4 abusers dont.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 10, 2016, 12:13 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 12:14 a.m.

I don't see any more point in trying to answer you. You either turn a blind eye to the obvious, or see a picture at rose-colored glasses.
"they are not OP" - because they wasnt. We had normal, equally powerful ship without stretching 1 vehicle 5 tiers. Athos can kill Gora as easily as the reverse. Was only skills and tactics. Or do you seriously think that all the angry posts people write just because bored? Open your eyes, not all changes are positive and I hope we don't go way like WarTunder. The point of no return. When there is no desire to play the game or trust to the developers.
I won't be trying explain something to you any more.

Nov. 10, 2016, 12:25 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-54877)

Liguan#3078 posted (#post-54875)
Take T2\T3 team and try to kill Gora with 2 Kali's. Please do not write nonsense. I often saw scores 100\4-8, K\D 19\0 , and you're trying to say that this is normal? No one would be talking about it if others also had a T4, but from battle to battle, you get to T2\T3 vs T4 squads blatantly using poor matchmaking. So, for now its P2W.

We had those ships before this patch,we played against normal same lvl ships back then,to see that they are not OP,right now its just crappy matchmaking with not so many people,they just should be allowed at lower tiers.Legendary loadout should be only tier4 and tier5 ships.What you call p2w,i call it bad matchmaking,only because you can still be as fast destroyed with a normal higher tier ship.Which can be built,not bought.I dont use mine,i dont have them on any load out,cause there not much fun knowing that only one player with a better ship can make so much difference,i guess i like a bit of challenge,and those tier 4 abusers dont.

You can't compare to before this patch. Before this patch matchmaking had issues too (lvl 50 vs lvl 1) but the ships were on roughly even ground. Sure, there were strong builds and a few people/builds abusing glitches but even when some maxed out vet abusing the pulse glitch charged my starter sniper I had a chance, I didn't melt, I wasn't inherently weaker. The enemy advantage came from being a counter to my ship while having greater experience and some more modules (and abusing the relevant glitches in some cases)
-With the current patch when that same situation happens not only is the other guy more experienced, with more modules, and using a ship that counters mine but his ship is certifiably stronger. my Tier 1 starter simply melts, whereas if I was in a sniper of equal tier i'd be on roughly even ground, his skill as a hunter vs my ability to counter his tactics.
-Even if matchmaking is 'fixed' this is going to be an issue, the maxed out Tier 2 in a recruit fleet of day 1 Tier 1's is going to have a certifiable advantage. The maxed Tier IV in a veteran game (or the hero ship, since it's gonna take a LONG time for the community to catch up to Hero ships when beta opens) is going to have a certifiable advantage over all the brand-new Tier III's and especially over the Tier II's that are allowed in.
-We have had what was a fairly balanced set of ships traded away for an inherently unbalanced field of power-tiered ships and this problem that cannot simply be written off as a 'matchmaking issue' because it goes far beyond that.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 10, 2016, 12:29 a.m.

Liguan#3078 posted (#post-54880)

I don't see any more point in trying to answer you. You either turn a blind eye to the obvious, or see a picture at rose-colored glasses.
"they are not OP" - because they wasnt. We had normal, equally powerful ship without stretching 1 vehicle 5 tiers. Athos can kill Gora as easily as the reverse. Was only skills and tactics. Or do you seriously think that all the angry posts people write just because bored? Open your eyes, not all changes are positive and I hope we don't go way like WarTunder. The point of no return. When there is no desire to play the game or trust to the developers.
I won't be trying explain something to you any more.

Odin i believe is saying that there is a problem where some captains will use Tier 4 against tier1 etc but, that is because the matchmaking allows it. That is the cause. If the matchmaking did not allow tier 4s to be matched up with tier 1/2 then there would not be this mismatch. That aspect of the crappy MM will be temporarily fixed.

The hero ships have tier 4 modules and briefing and weapons so, logically he is concluding that would rip apart tier 1 or 2 etc

I still hate the, need GP to get the damned XP to get the upgrade ships blah blah blah.....hate it.

Nov. 10, 2016, 5:45 a.m.

Lanceknight#8553 posted (#post-54757)

ok people need to calm down, it is still beta
it is ok to rage about something but ffs dont threaten to quit,

Why? Trust can be earned and lost. Well, there's been a lot of the later going on in the past few months and this update might just have been the last straw for some. In fact I know a few people for whom that has been the case.

I could make you a montage out of Thor, Peter, and other officials making statements like "Dreadnought will never be pay to win." Right now we've gone beyond that, we're now officially in "pay to make it hurt less" territory. The only way to even lighten the grind is to buy a hero ship for hard cash and then spend more hard cash to transfer your "free xp" to the ships you actually care about. Even ignoring the other issues that have basically smothered the competitive aspects completely that's not gonna make them money.

There's a good many ways GB, 6ft and Yager could market this game that would not make either of them look like dolts. Protip: This does not involve alienating the player base you got. The people who want to play this game probably all have bought a pack at this point to get into beta. There is no magic flood of people with money waiting to play.

In a very real sense those currently on board are what's referred to as the "bumblebees". They're the ones willing and able to spend money on your game. Alienating those guys is probably the most shortsighted, ignorant and dangerous thing you could do.

Regards,
Imrahil

Nov. 10, 2016, 6:37 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

I am one of those "bumblebees" with the 2 packs and GP purchased, and though I am much more unwilling then before 1.3 to spend real money, I still would do so if the chance would be given. I would spend it in good old World-of-Creditcards manner for exchanging GP to Credits. That was my attitude 2 days ago.

With todays (or whenever it finlly comes) price-fixing patch no refund will be given (but a "thank you very much") - thats a BAAAMMM in my face.Reading all through the forum and taking a closer look to the things mentioned like tech-tree (that will be in game no matter the costs), random placement of officer briefings, ship(s) and trees I dislike (not to say hate) I feel even more BAAAMMM in my face. Within a couple of days you guys transformed me from a money-spending "bumble" to a"****-it-where can I get my money back" -guy.

I dont have the time and will to play the whole day, but I am willing to spend money to ENJOY a GAME.
DD is not in this category anymore.

Yours - KK

Nov. 10, 2016, 6:49 a.m.

The more I see and hear about 2.0 the more I wish my suggestion was taken...

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/6298/

Oh well. Maybe they'll rethink things like they've done with other mistakes in the past.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.