FORUMS

New Patch: 1st game after 33 Minutes.. Second game waiting for 101 MINUTES (1 hr +) and still nothing

Posted: //
Nov. 10, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 10:45 p.m.

UPDATE: Got in a first game after 33 min. back into outpost and restart immediately and still waiting for 101 Minutes now. I just cant do this anymore.. so sad.
Veteran Fleet. Waited for 29 minutes no game. Left the game to do stuff. Came back later. Waited for 17 minutes. Left to do other stuff. Came back and now waiting for 33 minutes since starting to type this.

I don't think I'll be playing much as I cannot wait this long and tab in and out of the game to check up on it. So sad.

This needs some notification to pop up in windows or as another person said in a similar post, an app that texts/calls u when MM is complete lol.

Actually the game just started as I was finishing this post so i played and came back to let you know. First game today! smile

Nov. 10, 2016, 9:49 p.m.

Glad you're getting into a game. We're getting reports of longer queue times.

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Nov. 10, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 10:47 p.m.

I'm not glad even thought you are smile

Yep first game after 33 minutes.. Back to outpost right after match and currently in queue for 101 minutes and still counting.. Figured it would roll into another one but no luck. I'm veteran tier III destroyer.

Well if this is how its going to be from now on I really wont be able to sit thru like this for a game without some notification popup or something. I can't keep alt tabbing in and out repeatedly to keep checking. Actually with real life going on.. even a notification for that long a wait for one hour is completely pointless.

Hopefully its just not enough higher tiers in the pools and will even out when others upgrade?

Shouldn't any tier II, II and IV be matched up regardless of which fleet they started the match as long as the tiers are all specified for the fleet that needs to be match made? Vet will be filled with tier II's that started a recruit match or a tier 4 will fill a vet match even if it was started in a legendary class IF the vet match requires it to fill its slots?

Nov. 10, 2016, 10:48 p.m.

I stopped the MM at 102 min and am calling it quits for now.

Nov. 11, 2016, 12:30 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 12:49 a.m.

Minor work around... I keep the game in borderless windowed mode and have a browser or work (Excel and PPT FTW) over top of it. I can see when the load screen happens even when it's not the active application and just Alt-Tab back then.

As far as matchmaking times, we'll have to dig into it. Populations are still low but I've played 5 games in the past hour and haven't had a single queue time take more than 3-4 minutes (queued as Vet). Populations should start to pick up over the next week or so as we begin reaching out to pull players back in actively.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

Nov. 11, 2016, 1:08 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 1:09 a.m.

Good ideas.. I tried playing again and got to 26 minutes and quit.. That was about an hour ago. Probably too late to be trying this late anyways..

Nov. 11, 2016, 1:28 a.m.

Like Christian mentioned, right now with populations the way they are, you're not alone in queue times. I waited for 25 minutes a bit ago. I got to catch up on some TV while I waited which was nice, but I really wanted to get in and blow up some ships. We've got some strategies in place for increasing the current population, but we have to tighten some bolts before that goes out. It should be within a few days that these queue times go down.

Thanks for sticking with us and giving us feedback on it!

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Nov. 11, 2016, 2:38 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 2:41 a.m.

DN_Dariuas#6010 posted (#post-55211)

Like Christian mentioned, right now with populations the way they are, you're not alone in queue times. I waited for 25 minutes a bit ago. I got to catch up on some TV while I waited which was nice, but I really wanted to get in and blow up some ships. We've got some strategies in place for increasing the current population, but we have to tighten some bolts before that goes out. It should be within a few days that these queue times go down.

Thanks for sticking with us and giving us feedback on it!

As I said in the "Today in Dreadnought" topic, why dont you let us queue for Recruit and Veteran Fleet at the same time? Or let us play a training match?

And now your adivice is I should bring in a TV and start watching, which will be nice?!
That the queue time will even more prolong was predictable and you got no solution at hands?! It will be again in "...a few days"?!

What is with my premium time? I want it to be measured when I am online (though not in a fight cause queueing). What does ELITE STATUS grants to me? Prefered Matchmaking?! Obviously not. Its NOTHING.
Will it be refunded or will you tell us again like in the (PSA: Ship Credit Cost Adjustments & More Matchmaking Changes)

""Hey thanks for your service... But now I have the used of it, I won't even give you anything to worth your time." ?

Now what?!

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:26 a.m.

To compensate for the low player base atm you could re-implemented the 5v5s for kappa and dry dock. Also that has been expressed by a number of players in game.

Nov. 11, 2016, 5:53 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 6:03 a.m.

I have no great insight with regard to the inner workings of the MM, but should it not be possible for it to assign a game slot using any given number of players currently available and queuing?
Only 8 in queue becomes 4v4, 10 in queue becomes 5v5, and so on up to the target of 8v8?
(also compensating for uneven numbers, seven for instance 4v3)

Not sure how others would feel, but I would be perfectly happy to play even 4v4 as opposed to waiting any more than 10 minutes for a game.

Glaive, spear, sword and knife,
Manfully handle, and in other's hands ruin.
--Liechtenenauer's Verses, Von Danzig, 1452

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.