FORUMS

BUG? VETERAN T3 Waited 33 Min 1st Game, Waited 1 Hour 2 Minutes (102 min) for 2nd game b4 leaving.

Posted: //
Nov. 10, 2016, 11:22 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 10, 2016, 11:34 p.m.

Posted in general but listing it here for bug check purposes just in case it is not a user base issue.

Waited for 20+ minutes a few times and no game. finally got 1st game after 33 minutes. ended went to outpost and immediately started another vet match. Waited 102 minutes and said !#$% LOL. Just can't do it..

I am playing in veteran fleet with a T3 solo not party. I have only one t3 in my vet fleet. Veteran can have T2,3 and 4

Now my understanding is that cross fleet tiers like T2 will be placed either in Recruit matches or Veteran matches depending on which needs slots filled most regardless of which Fleet match was chosen by the player?

Are more players playing recruit? Are more T2 players playing recruit rather than Veteran and not getting filled into a Veteran match that might need them more than the Recruit matches going on? Making the few T3 players wait forever in veteran for more T3s or T2 that starts a Vet match or a forced T2 that started a Recruit match but was MMed into Vet for MM purposes? Same with T4s that may start Legendary and be forced into Veteran to help MM there. Not that that scenario is as common this point in time since most are lower level players.

I mean if the Recruit matches are getting good MM times. Maybe MM needs to force T2s more often into Vet matches even if they were choosing a recruit match.. until the vet player base increases? IDK just thinking aloud with limited info on how MM is doing things.

Nov. 10, 2016, 11:41 p.m.

Heya,
Sorry you've been having issues finding games. We've been getting reports about this happening and I think we've tracked it down to the current population. Please let me know if you do get into a match.

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Nov. 11, 2016, 2:42 a.m.

Hey Voices.

Pre hotfix, Tier 4 ships (using the Veteran fleet que) were facing T1-2 ships in matches.

To fix this, they temporarily (IMO should be PERM), restricted the fleets to their own matchmaking brackets. eg; Recruit faces Recruit ONLY.

Since there is very little reason to que Veteran (the avg credit gain only increases from 1500 to 1800, and if you lose, you have to pay 600credits [yes the popup says 299 or some other wrong info, its 600].) .. Most people who don't need ship xp (read, 90% of people), and just need credits (90% of people), are going to spam que recruit fleets.

No one wants to fight T4 ships with secondary weapons and full officers with their T1-T4 ships of their own with NO secondaries mostly, AND almost no officers due to the piece of CENSORED progression system.

Most of us people who are disgusted with the current system have already stopped playing and are awaiting another patch to fix this, or not fix this and cause us to never come back. This contributes to the lack of Veteran fleet ques as 'we' were some of the more active players.

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:20 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 3:20 a.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-55233)

Since there is very little reason to que Veteran
The VERY REASON is that now that I got my desired ship in Tier 3 (the tree starts here) I am forced to play at least veteran. Thats it!

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:46 a.m.

Wait, all the veteran tier people left Dsmile
But I just got my first tier 3 the other day.. How am I supposed to progress to tier 4 if I can't get exp for it smile?

Nov. 11, 2016, 4:37 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 5:06 a.m.

Nov. 11, 2016, 2:23 p.m.

@Kamp, every time you edit your post, you send an email to every thread subscriber.

Thanks for the 24 emails.

Nov. 11, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

Sorry for that inconveniece, I had some problems posting in here :-(

To get to the topic:

Did anyone of got into a match with his Tier3 ships in a veteran fleet?
I am trying hard for 14 hours now with queue-times around 1 hour before I cancel it, my longest run was 5 hours and 48 minutes without ANY successful matchmaking. (I have screenshots to prove this).
Now, the forum tells me that some unlucky guys still get matched against some Tier4. How did the T4 find matches when I cannot in 14 hours? Isn't it highly unlikely that I get not matched even once in that time?

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:01 p.m.

Kamp, if you see post #3, this explains why you aren't getting matches in the veteran fleet que. No one wants to play them. Why que in there to get seal clubbed against T4 ships with full officer briefs?

I know if I was actually playing, I'd be in recruit fleet ONLY for ages until I had amassed hundreds of thousands of credits, if not millions.. and then I'd spend just enough money to completely skip tier 3 (using free xp conversion) to avoid that cesspool of matchmaking --eg to where I'd have a fully upgraded T4 ship or 2 and officer briefs to be competitive in that bracket.

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

I got your point, Jeslis.
Still I doubt that there is no one with a T3 ship willing to queue up. Tier3 have secondaries (easily unlockable) and 4 standard officer briefings as well as 1 unlockable OB. I already fought T4 ships with my T3 destoyer (before the hotfix,not upgraded) and I have to say that if the team is playing at least a little tactical you can overcome T4 without getting heart attacks. I just refuse to believe that my beloved T3 Cattaro in all its pride is doomed to idleness....

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.