FORUMS

The First Rule of Holes: When you're in one, stop digging.

Posted: //
Nov. 11, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

With the exception of a very small handful of players, who themselves concede certain flaws and failings when pressed, the current patch has been universally rejected by the community. Vigorous and continued rejections to nearly every part of it abound including:
-the new ships (pale copies of what we had)
-the tier system (kills the spirit of the game by limiting customization and setting a dangerous power over skill precedent)
-the lack of uniquely new content
-the lack of anything to spend money on (for some people)
-the continuation of a host of bugs + new bugs from the patch
-horridly unbalanced match making
-que times (which have recently gotten several times worse then pre-patch)
-maintenance costs
-the literal months of soul-sucking grind required to build a high-tier fleet

I personally would go so far as to say we have exceeded the outcry over the past monetization of officer briefs by 'the intern' and that what political capital and built-up trust Greybox had accumulated has been completely burned away.

Furthermore, if que times (before the current issues) are any indication the silent majority, rather than persisting through this hardship, appears to simply be leaving.

I understand that a great deal of work likely went into the current patch. However, that work in itself is not a goal and has no value. It's sole and express reason for being is to bring Dreadnought from closed-beta to full and extremely successful release. Should it violate or work against that purpose, which I feel it does, it must be abandoned for the overall good of the project.

For sure; this is a bitter pill to swallow. However, it is far better to abandon a failed and futile effort, in spite of the magnitude of that effort or the amount of resources expended, in order to preserve the end goal then to cling to that ship as it sinks.

Therefore, I implore the dev team: rather than sink more time and effort into trying to save the titanic with duck-tape and stop the arterial bleeding with band aids revert to the previous patch, re-think your strategy, communicate with us, and try again. Because if we keep on the current path, especially with 1/2+ hour long que times this game will not survive till Christmas.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Nov. 11, 2016, 1:29 p.m.

Very well said. I also considered making a post like this. Sums up the feelings of the players.

Tree system was a bold venture and did warrant a shot, however you have lost way too many of your players because of this. Even if you try reaching out and invite players, a large majority will stop playing due to the grind

Basic example of going with op would be Fractured Space. I stopped playing because of the grindy tree they had. Now their system is just perfect having all the ships available from the start with various prices. They also have the option buying ships with real money. Essentially both of these games did a complete switch in terms of progression.

Nov. 11, 2016, 2:15 p.m.

I had 2 really nice Recruit Fleet games this morning, lots of fun, very close. I started to think everything was fixed!

Then Boom! Back to swarms of T4 slaughtering T1 and T2. Even if you get lucky enough to get a T4 on your team. the other team just focus fires the T1 and T2s for fast kills.

Gonna go play Overwatch for a while, check back tomorrow see if things ever change.

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

You can forget it. Everyone at Greybox, Sixfoot and Yager is either in a state of complete denial of reality or not in a position to make any changes.

I am almost 100% certain, that their statistics will show something like this:
1. 40% of the currently activated accounts have bought either the hunter or the mercenary pack. (I'd expect that number to actually fall somewhere between 10 and 50.)
2. Of the recent batch of invites 10% were accepted and lead to account creation.
3. There is an amount of players waiting for a key that is 50-100 times bigger than currently activated accounts.

Now, if you do not understand statistics you might reason that this is a great situation, you have an insanely high buyrate, and you still have most of your playerbase outside.

If you understand statistics you know you are in trouble. The average F2P title shows roughly 1.5% of players making any purchases at all. So the extremely high relative number of paying players has to have a reason. And that reason is the nature of beta access:
Way 1: Luck - Be randomly drawn and get access.
Way 2: Money - Buy a pack.

This leads to a paradox effect, where they have bought themselves the worst of both worlds: Instead of a classic beta they have a mix. They don't have the numbers of players, but they have the better paying players already in. Why's that bad? Well, because they seem awfully intent on burning their playerbase.

Now, they will soon realize that the paying crowd is thinning out, which means they open "the floodgates". But what comes in isn't fresh water. It's the stale water with all the guys who never had any intention of paying anything in the first place. At that moment they will realize how deep the hole is they are in. But unless magic happens and somebody explains statistics to them about 5 days ago they'll be in too deep to get out.

We actually might already have crossed that point of no return, the complaints are dieing down. That doesn't mean those complaints are resolved, it just means the complainee has given up and moved on. Frankly, if this goes on over the weekend I suggest you do as I did and request a refund. Mine has just been granted and paid out. It might get more difficult to get one when more people catch on that this is a losing proposition no matter what happens next.

Regards,
Imrahil

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 11, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

Imrahil#3251 posted (#post-55556)

Now, if you do not understand statistics you might reason that this is a great situation, you have an insanely high buyrate, and you still have most of your playerbase outside.

If you understand statistics you know you are in trouble. The average F2P title shows roughly 1.5% of players making any purchases at all. So the extremely high relative number of paying players has to have a reason. And that reason is the nature of beta access:

This leads to a paradox effect, where they have bought themselves the worst of both worlds: Instead of a classic beta they have a mix. They don't have the numbers of players, but they have the better paying players already in. Why's that bad? Well, because they seem awfully intent on burning their playerbase.

Now, they will soon realize that the paying crowd is thinning out, which means they open "the floodgates". But what comes in isn't fresh water. It's the stale water with all the guys who never had any intention of paying anything in the first place. At that moment they will realize how deep the hole is they are in. But unless magic happens and somebody explains statistics to them about 5 days ago they'll be in too deep to get out.

Wot?

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:49 p.m.

You can forget it. Everyone at Greybox, Sixfoot and Yager is either in a state of complete denial of reality or not in a position to make any changes.

I am almost 100% certain, that their statistics will show something like this:
1. 40% of the currently activated accounts have bought either the hunter or the mercenary pack. (I'd expect that number to actually fall somewhere between 10 and 50.)
2. Of the recent batch of invites 10% were accepted and lead to account creation.
3. There is an amount of players waiting for a key that is 50-100 times bigger than currently activated accounts.

We actually might already have crossed that point of no return, the complaints are dieing down. That doesn't mean those complaints are resolved, it just means the complainee has given up and moved on. Frankly, if this goes on over the weekend I suggest you do as I did and request a refund. Mine has just been granted and paid out. It might get more difficult to get one when more people catch on that this is a losing proposition no matter what happens next.

Regards,
Imrahil

o snap really??? well guess theres no point in holding my breath anymore. back to Legion and DH2 it is

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 11, 2016, 11:39 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 12, 2016, 11:51 p.m.

I 2nd that.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.