FORUMS

Another Suggestion for Progression

Posted: //
Nov. 11, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 15, 2016, 12:46 p.m.

Link to my Last post: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/13805/
This is just another more radical suggestion/idea I have for Dreadnought, a system I would prefer much more.
Shortly, nobody likes tech trees.

Tier system remake

Instead of 5 Tiers, make it 3 and rename them to Recruit, Veteran and Elite, or whatever ^^

General
  • NO MODULE UPGRADES

Grinding is ok, but this is too much and too complicated.

• Next Tier is simply unlocked via rank or when 50% modules are researched, or both. Don't force ppl to unlock everything.
  • Ship XP used to Unlock. Credits to buy (and add the buy and equip button). No tree needed, just let people unlock whatever they want.
  • Credit Prices should be managable. If it means a player can buy a new module ever 2 rounds than so be it. With the amount of things to buy, this is still going to be a grind.

Unlocked and bought Modules should be upwards compatible and don't need to be unlocked on the next Tier, not sure about backwards compatibility, depends if people abuse that and use purge nukes, rams and stuff like that just to stomp low tiers.

Recruit (T1)
  • Tier 1 should have a ship of every class included.
    Currently you have 3 ships at T1, and no counters for snipers.
  • 33% of modules included in this Tier that would fit in terms of strength.
  • Fixed 101 Module Slots
  • Fixed Secondary

Devs don't want to overwhelm new players, I can understand that. But don't completely steal these from them or they'll have to learn it on the next Tier where they get stomped. Equip some less useful secondarys

Veteran Tier (2)
  • More Ships, Veteran Tier versions of Recruit Ships
  • Unlock officer briefing customization
  • Unlock Secondary customization
  • More of the better Modules should be unlocked here.
  • Unlock different versions that dont look (much) different:

Examples: Valcour: + 5% Speed, -5% Health. OR +5% Attk, -5% Speed. These version cost like 10% of the original.

Elite Tier (3)
  • Elite Versions of Ships
  • More better modules.
  • Unlock different versions that dont look (much) different:

Examples: Valcour: + 10% Speed, -10% Health. OR +10% Attk, 10% Speed. These version cost like 10% of the original.

Possible Matchmaking:

Either lock to each tier, or mix that and add the possibility for Tier 1-2 / Tier 2-3 games depending on amount of players.

Stat differences

NO STAT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TIERS
or reduce stat differences between tiers to max 10% between lowest and highest tier.

Officer Briefings:

Linked to player rank. Pretty Simple.

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Nov. 11, 2016, 3:11 p.m.

I dig it

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 15, 2016, 10:51 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 15, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

I clicked quote instead of edit, whoops

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.