FORUMS

one hundred thousand a ship

Posted: //
Nov. 16, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

Horus#2672 posted (#post-58347)

getting rid of loosers tax would be a big start.

that or i go back to recruit and just drop out of games as soon as i see a t4. same credits when winning plus no tax for loosing.

True it just has to go. Im not too heavily affected by it, but it really has no point other than punishing players who get beat down. Having that 50% extra reward for winning is more than enough incentive too do better and it better reflects what players liked about gaining fp pre 2.0 per match. Devs, you gotta realise many things in previous game worked well and you should seek to reimplement and improve them.

Nov. 16, 2016, 6:35 p.m.

100k is crazy.

Make a price in real money where I can buy a ship outright and play the game. I would 100% rather work for an hour in real life and pay you some money than grind for 30 hours to buy another level of a ship.

Nov. 16, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

ok i have it now. now that i have unlock the t4 i want with xp. go back to recruit and grid a t2 for credit. w/l hasnt really changed but its more fun/challenging and with no loosers tax i have manage to earn about 15000 in 5hrs

Nov. 16, 2016, 8:13 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2016, 8:15 p.m.

but now i am happy, MM times have increased. start the fun again. who can get the highest timer. 12 min at post.

edit: in now

Nov. 16, 2016, 9:33 p.m.

I wish the devs had not tried to complicate what was a simple and addictive formula pre this horrid patch. Now, I am running out of GP to convert into the FREE XP which is not FREE! I cant even get top places resulting in loser tax and net income of 0 credits. WHAT A WASTE

Nov. 16, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

Muyadude#4676 posted (#post-58412)

I wish the devs had not tried to complicate what was a simple and addictive formula pre this horrid patch. Now, I am running out of GP to convert into the FREE XP which is not FREE! I cant even get top places resulting in loser tax and net income of 0 credits. WHAT A WASTE

recuit with at least one t1 in your fleet

Nov. 17, 2016, 1:56 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 17, 2016, 1:58 a.m.

DN_MiguelItUp#0468 posted (#post-58343)

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-57442)

Yep. Devs are kinda "encouraging" you: buy Elite status and grind will be 25% shorter. Or buy hero ship and play shaded version of the ship you want from the start.
This does not make it pay to win game, how could you even think that?

We're actually not encouraging that, at least we're not meaning to. Our teams have never been a fan of P2W and it's something we made clear awhile ago. We've already adjusted some of the ship tier costs, and there's always a possibility that could happen again. Our teams are going to continue to evaluate costs and progression lengths overall. With the new Progression system being in place, we want to make sure that the flow is solid throughout the progression process. This could mean a number of tweaks and adjustments could take place down the road. As always we do appreciate the input and feedback, it's going to help us create a bigger and better Dreadnought in the long run. smile

-p-

This (Our teams have never been a fan of P2W) is an entirely false statement.

edit; I'm going to adjust something here. I fully believe your team may not be 'fans' of P2W.. but your statement implies they won't do it because they aren't fans of it. THAT is not true. While you may not be fans of it....

Your team attempted to go the route of PURE pay to win by making officer briefings (the passive perks) a paid currency only. (with some extremely bs sounding excuse that you could earn the paid currency in dribs and drabs over MONTHS).

You have to make money. We get that, but creating very misleadings statements only makes those of us who have been around here long enough.. worried about what you true intentions will end up being.

Nov. 17, 2016, 3:40 a.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-58429)

You have to make money. We get that, but creating very misleadings statements only makes those of us who have been around here long enough.. worried about what you true intentions will end up being.

Well, I may not been around long enough, but I may have an idea where this may end up.
Before 2.0 regression this game could hit a sweet spot between MOBA (DotA, LoL) and MMO action (Star Conflict, World of *) business model. Micro transactions (for vanity items etc.) first case and paying to progress faster & pleasantly (elite status & hero ships) second.
Now it's straight up well-trodden by Wargaming and Co "rip off players while they enjoy new toy" path.
Bad news here:
1. This game is nothing unique and you are obviously aiming to entice players from already existing titles.
2. This way of earning money is nothing new and players you'll get will quickly realize it, cuz they've already got burned by it once.

Seriously, revert (can even be done within current painful power tier system by massively decreasing grind) to that sweet middle spot between MOBA and MMO action and TAKE MY MONEY! Or keep up and maybe, just maybe you will manage to repeat World of X success (ha-ha, fat chance) by gaining profit as fast as burning player's interest out.

RiP Dreadnought. Another great game killed by short-sighted greed :'(

Nov. 17, 2016, 5:45 p.m.

Thanks for the input DN_MiguelItUp. I am wondering if you considering other benefits to hero ships in the future. I know you don't want pay to win, but I don't see a reason to even Use those ships in the current state of the game.

I would suggest one of the following:
Hero ships give an additional % increase to credits earned. So if you run into a credit wall, you can hop into a hero ship and make a git faster progress.
or
Hero ships generate FREE XP instead XP that must be converted using GP.

"Power to engines before they blin............................"

Nov. 18, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

DN_MiguelItUp#0468 posted (#post-58343)

We're actually not encouraging that, at least we're not meaning to. Our teams have never been a fan of P2W and it's something we made clear awhile ago. We've already adjusted some of the ship tier costs, and there's always a possibility that could happen again. Our teams are going to continue to evaluate costs and progression lengths overall.

As far as being P2W goes, it doesn't really matter if it's ten matches or ten thousand, it's simply a fact that being in a higher tier ship gives you an advantage, and you have to pay to get those ships in a reasonable length of time. This tier progression is inherently P2W regardless of any tweaks or adjustments.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.