FORUMS

The Silence is Deafening

Posted: //
Feb. 17, 2019, 6:23 p.m.

We need some reassurance that the many mistakes made in the Steam launch are being addressed. I for one would like a real video from the devs where they honestly show some sense of concern for the miserable failure of this launch and don't congratulate themselves on doing a bang-up job of 'bringing lots of new and exciting' content to the game. I think SixFoot has been deeply shaken by the recent layoffs at their company and I feel for them - but this is probably the best product they have, yet it feels as though they have tried a sales job and are letting this game starve! The CFO should bring the hammer down and created some serious deadlines to meet. What kind of coding team do they have? Maps are not that difficult to create...where are they? Squads at this point are having a disasterous effect on new player experience. We are now below 300 players.

Take the advice you have been given by seasoned players and lose Tier 0ne and Tier Five until further notice. Get rid of squads. (people can still commune in discord but take their lumps like the rest of us and fight in more fairly balanced matches.) I have submitted two bug reports over the last month regarding the inability to purchase a coating due to 'insufficient funds' even though I DO have the GP. I have gotten no response at all.

I think the core game is great...but I think someone at the home office is shovelling a lot of 'horsepucky' at decision-makers and this is killing the game. Get a sense of urgency! I don't give a rat's patootie about lore!

If the coders aren't up to the job...bring in some new talent.

So far THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING!!!

Feb. 17, 2019, 6:58 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 17, 2019, 6:59 p.m.

PC folks have it good.

before you scrap my Athos and make even more changes to the game...

Can PS4 get a stable server without freezes, crashes, reward/contract bugs and other stability issues?

our ques and matchmaking balance has been pretty good before the black screen crashes all last week...

I'm up for new maps and skins etc.

But I put in a lot of time to get 12 tier 5 ships, and I would like to play them without constant crashes, or not getting experience and credits most of the time due to bugs....

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Feb. 19, 2019, 7:22 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2019, 7:23 p.m.

They just flubbed another massive patch and steam ratings dropped by 50% causing the 3rd exodus.

But will they wake up and reverse the patch and then do things right and only patch a couple things at a time to test...

But I don't think they will because I too think SixFoot has been deeply shaken by the Very recent layoffs.

Hopefully a dev like DNMiguelItUp will respond and let us know if they have considered reversing the patch...

Feb. 20, 2019, 1:32 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 20, 2019, 1:45 p.m.

Squads aren't the problem, it's solos getting paired against them that is. I really think they need to expand to the player's choice of PvE or PvP. Not only would it reduce queue times, but now solos wouldn't have to worry about squads and driven away with the compounded trouble of a large grind and not doing well. While PvE may be too easy, it's better than getting stomped and not having a chance before you even start the match.

As for the silence? Yes, it is not good at all. In the last week there was a simple tweet of "live stream cancelled for today" which has all the tone of "something is wrong but here is a curt statement with no explanation." Further, the fact it took what, 4 days to clear the spam bots off the boards? I get they're in an unenviable of position of things are going bad, there's not enough help and they don't want to deal with more bad, be it flak from players or anything else. But when you go silent on the public, it's about the worst thing they can do.

At this point, I'm legitimately worried Dreadnought will be shutting down soon.

Feb. 20, 2019, 3 p.m.

I'll leave a vid here, not sure it it helps the devs. Humane (Game)Design

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 20, 2019, 4:16 p.m.

When they have something to tell us they will.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 20, 2019, 4:52 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-274847) said:

When they have something to tell us they will.

Yes, hopefully.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 20, 2019, 7:15 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 20, 2019, 7:19 p.m.

A quick search on youtube gives some interesting results:

Dreadnought RUMORS 2019

Just a freindly reminder that anything on youtube should be taken lightly.

Feb. 21, 2019, 7:53 a.m.

Yeah the "source" in that video has been known to be full of it. So I'd take there posts with a mountain of salt. They have also posted saying they where thinking about investing in DN only 2 weeks ago..... So yeah. I'd not believe them as a credible source.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| Corsair Spec Delta Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 21, 2019, 11:48 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 21, 2019, 11:56 a.m.

I still check on the progress of the sinking of the dreadnought - Checked out that dreadnought rumor 2019 video - that was quite interesting, and it confirms that dreadnought is definitely going to be shut down for very good reasons.

Still - 2.9 mill $ down the drain - that's pretty amazing. I'm sure a significant part of the money went towards the development team, so at least some people had jobs for a few years. Were they good at their jobs? Did they deserve to get paid for those few years? That's a different story altogether, though I'd argue the team and the direction of the development was good for a year or 2 until things went completely haywire - (coincidently, that's when brother Belial appeared making apologies on behalf of the corporation at every step - haha).

All in all, I can only hope other game developers will learn from the mistakes of this company. Then again, we are seeing some major problems with AAA game developers as well - and it's possible that we might see much bigger bankrupcies down the road in the game industry - but it's all for the best, because once a company becomes driven strictly by greed and ignores the consumer's needs/complaints, it deserves to go down in flames. I'm confident that better companies will emerge out of this giant mess.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.