FORUMS

The Silence is Deafening

Posted: //
Feb. 21, 2019, 11:54 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 21, 2019, 11:54 a.m.

Sigh....It was obvious right from the beginning that Dreadnought won't last long. I am pretty sad.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 21, 2019, 3:23 p.m.

Crash & Burn

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Feb. 21, 2019, 3:53 p.m.

Indeed.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

Feb. 21, 2019, 8:44 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-277008) said:

Yeah the "source" in that video has been known to be full of it. So I'd take there posts with a mountain of salt. They have also posted saying they where thinking about investing in DN only 2 weeks ago..... So yeah. I'd not believe them as a credible source.

Fair enough, although devs appear to be completely absent for awhile now, see dev tracker below

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/developer-tracker/

ie. Miguel last on forums Feb 13th, and since then only 3 replies all from DN_Space_Ghost.

I would prefer to believe they're all taking some vacation time finally.

Or preferablly looking into how to roll back the last big patch...

The patch before that last one saw steam's reviews steadily climb from Novembers low of lows into the upper 60s percenage of postitive.

And the last patch saw the reviews nose dive within 2 weeks into the 30s.

Taking out the fun from a game isn't good and I rather hope they roll back the clock, then try patching 1 thing at a time after that.

Feb. 21, 2019, 10:08 p.m.

Oh the melodrama.... scrap what you think you know. None of us would be here if we didn't appreciate this game for some reason. Attempting to draw sentiment is useless and is a clear indicator of impatience. Constructive input is the tiny level of control you have over this game and is frustrating at times but it's something one must come to accept.

Come join me @ Twitch

Feb. 21, 2019, 11:41 p.m.

It might be melodramatic, but the fact remains - even after beta, every patch this company creates makes the game worse than it was prior to the patch. In other words, even now, they have no idea what the word 'patch' or 'update' means. Patches and updates are supposed to make games better, not worse. This company has ruined this game with 'patches'. To make this game good again, they have to roll back the patches to more than a year ago - when every feature this game had was still fully functional, including the elimination mode.

Feb. 22, 2019, 3:43 a.m.

Maximus#5893 posted (#post-277297) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-277008) said:

Yeah the "source" in that video has been known to be full of it. So I'd take there posts with a mountain of salt. They have also posted saying they where thinking about investing in DN only 2 weeks ago..... So yeah. I'd not believe them as a credible source.

Fair enough, although devs appear to be completely absent for awhile now, see dev tracker below

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/developer-tracker/

ie. Miguel last on forums Feb 13th, and since then only 3 replies all from DN_Space_Ghost.

I would prefer to believe they're all taking some vacation time finally.

Or preferablly looking into how to roll back the last big patch...

The patch before that last one saw steam's reviews steadily climb from Novembers low of lows into the upper 60s percenage of postitive.

And the last patch saw the reviews nose dive within 2 weeks into the 30s.

Taking out the fun from a game isn't good and I rather hope they roll back the clock, then try patching 1 thing at a time after that.

I'm not saying something has happened at 6foot, it clearly has, but we will not know until they tell us. Basicly unless you hear it from someone who works at 6foot, take everything you hear has speculation.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 22, 2019, 5:34 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 22, 2019, 9:21 a.m.

I hate it when devs go bonkers, I f#-@ hate it! I sure have a few mental issues that make me isolate myself and cause me to be unable to express emotions, so games are literally all I have. Why are Devs always ruining the things that atleast matters a bit in my life?

Yeah, I'll seek help somewhen, but not yet. As for now, please refrain from killing DN please.

And what are those nightmare patches you guys are talking about?

(Mobile phone buggy, sorry for typos)

EDIT: Typos corrected

^I want to believe^

Feb. 22, 2019, 8:28 a.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-277328) said:

Oh the melodrama.... scrap what you think you know. None of us would be here if we didn't appreciate this game for some reason. Attempting to draw sentiment is useless and is a clear indicator of impatience. Constructive input is the tiny level of control you have over this game and is frustrating at times but it's something one must come to accept.

Wel that's just it: there's been constructive input since beta from old and new players and... almost nothing has come of it. Look at vettes: many complained they were OP already and joked the game was Corvettenought. Last big patch? They literally made it Corvettenought. This is a major issue two fold. 1) they did the exact opposite of what players wanted and 2) they spent time, money and resources (all which seem to be scarce there) on creating the changes and then more to undo it. It's frustrating for players when they keep saying what is wrong and nothing or worse the opposite, gets done. This isn't a mega-publisher like EA we're dealing with.

As Belial said, we have to take info with a grain of salt from outside sources. But as others pointed out, we're hearing nothing from on the forums, twitter etc. from the devs. Silence is not good.

Feb. 22, 2019, 8:39 a.m.

Dropped in to see how this game has evolved (de-evolved?) since quitting couple months ago. Seems things have not improved at 6Foot and complete demise is imminent. So sad to see what was an incredibly fun game with a mature and respectful community die such an unecessary death.

Sure hope another developer with better vision and capabilities picks up the title and revives it. Not holding my breath... but one can hope.

SFH

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.