FORUMS

The Silence is Deafening

Posted: //
Feb. 23, 2019, 1:02 p.m.

@londo those gifs had me laughing for 3 straight minutes!!!

there is no links, but links don't work well on the dread forums.

If you fine fellow players are referring to my RUMORS video, I would like to add that BB is right, that source is def NOT official!

I agree with BB and Skyraider, that until we hear from our, as of recently, silent devs... we have to assume the BEST! That steam forum post is so far just rumors...

It is true that there have been miss teps, but overall the core of the game is excellent, as well as the lore! (which I have made dread lore vids on youtube)

We are all still here, which means for whatever reason, we love the game and are heavily invested, although we sometimes feel taken advantage of...

The best way to keep the game alive is to KEEP PLAYING! also to keep giveing constructive critisism and suggestions that are based in reality (as in little changes on small budget), and reflect the views of MOST PC/PS4 players!

I am hoping for the best, and will continue to play! If they ever release the proposed retrofits, I will purchase the JA tac and a couple of the Akula ones for sure!

I would probably still play if they switch to a sub model instead of F2P, as long as we get technical support!!!

Thanks for keeping this topic alive, your logical and polite replies, and to anyone who watches my youtube channel!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Feb. 23, 2019, 2:59 p.m.

With all of the issues since launch, player confidence is at an all time low. I don't mind spending money on a game that I see has a long term future and is fun to play. But, no way will I spend money on something that I'm not sure will even be up and running from one day to the next.

As far as squads, I used to not care if I played against them at all (I solo queue). I figure that I could learn something by playing against squads. But, at this point, if I see a squad using all rams or vettes, etc, I just think they're a bunch of a-holes that don't care if the game succeeds.

Feb. 24, 2019, 12:09 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 24, 2019, 12:11 a.m.

on PS4 every ship has a counter, and vettes arent that tough in LEG. most get eaten alive.

the PS4 issues are mainly stability, at least once a month we go through week+ long crashes and blue/black screens. or no rewards, or ship shuffle bug, etc

PS4 sommunity wants CUSTOM MATCHES back for competitve clan play

We still have the numbers and our LEG que on PS4 is less than 4 minutes (many times instant) and its usually different people!

We'd like more maps and a PvE Campaign showcasing the lore, and ways to show newbies what high end play is like! PS4 LEG play is very fast paced and deadly... many new players think t1 is boring! (they have no idea how good the game gets)

not having custom matches really stinks...

We thought balance was solid before legend redefined, and many think balance is still fine after the vette armor amp nerf!

The devs kept rebalancing when un-needed, introducing game changes no one wanted, market items no one buys, making maps more graphically efficient instead of MAKING MORE MAPS... etc...

PS4 community is pretty easy to please... but the rampant game stability and crashing issues are turning people off every time we go through it...

Dreadnought has a GREAT core and lore... I'd hate to see it die or fizzle out! There is no other game out there like it and the ships/maps/gameplay is all beautiful!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Feb. 24, 2019, 5:35 p.m.

I'm pretty sure things are happening on the back end. you may have noticed a lot less crashes, disconnects and server hangs. aside a few acceptable edge case squewy physics mechanics, there has been detectable improvements over the last few months.

All so have you noticed the levels gradually have more details each day? So we know at least one level designer is working...

On the subject of balancing... things seem pretty balanced for my opinion...

The problem now is more about how to make the success that it aint... and for this to happen, there is going to have to be an open discussion, preferably on this forum, were we can give feedback and talk about it...

I would consider myself an early adopter of the game. I actually paid to participate which basically equivalated to a newcomer buying one or two of the hero package... anyway.

Going into this I thought I would participate in making the game better... and I did, by participating in playing it... people about my time also hoped to participate making suggestions about the game's evolution...

In the early days, we'd log a bug, we'd get an email, some feedback... no more...

Sometimes they heard us but often the reply to your suggested was unexpected... Like the time we asked the hanger be less a gpu hog. they responded with a more effing complex hanger!!! the hanger goes 98% GPU... and gameplay is effing 60%. I mean "You done effed up" as Angry Joe would say...

Or when we said we wanted to filter the types of games we want to play, but instead they responded by removing the team survival mode...

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.