FORUMS

what stats are hiden behind the ship classification? (light, medium, heavy)

Posted: //
Nov. 16, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

what stats are hiden behind the ship classification? (light, medium, heavy)

... or does the classification just mean nothing?

... or is it just equal to the health of the ship?

Nov. 16, 2016, 5:16 p.m.

It means nothing.

Nov. 16, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2016, 8:22 p.m.

It's a vague idea of what the differences could be.

But you can just check the stats of all ships in this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x9AbCduhhnV15gqxPzngAERrUem0ip9XgMndQ6D7Mso/edit#gid=483238525

Which is linked in the Patchnotes of 1.3.1.

Recruit Engineer

Nov. 17, 2016, 2:01 a.m.

it's an indication of ship effective hp (Currently just shown as HP... as there are no armor mitigation %'s ingame as of yet.)

eg; a LIGHT dreadnought has 45k hp, a MEDIUM DN has 60k hp, and a HEAVY DN has 80k hp.

They also each have different body types, top speeds/accelerations, and primary weapons, with associated range differences.

Beyond that, all secondaries and modules/passive perks access are the same.

Nov. 17, 2016, 2:40 a.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-58431)

it's an indication of ship effective hp (Currently just shown as HP... as there are no armor mitigation %'s ingame as of yet.)

No it's not. Jupiter Arms heavy artillery has less HP (or EHP, whatever) than Akula Industries medium one.

top speeds/accelerations

Oberon medium corvettes are slower than Akula Industries heavy ones.

Maybe a ship's mass? Anyone tried to flip over a trident, zmey and invictus to test it?

Just stick to that spreadsheet posted above and you'll be fine.

RiP Dreadnought. Another great game killed by short-sighted greed :'(

Nov. 17, 2016, 2:49 a.m.

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-58483)

No it's not. Jupiter Arms heavy artillery has less HP (or EHP, whatever) than Akula Industries medium one.

top speeds/accelerations

Oberon medium corvettes are slower than Akula Industries heavy ones.

Maybe a ship's mass? Anyone tried to flip over a trident, zmey and invictus to test it?

Just stick to that spreadsheet posted above and you'll be fine.

-p-

No it's not what?

Perhaps if you read on to my example on the next line, you might gain enlightenment.

eg; a LIGHT dreadnought has 45k hp, a MEDIUM DN has 60k hp, and a HEAVY DN has 80k hp.

I never said that LIGHT was always lowest hp. You said that. And then went on to claim I was wrong about absolutely nothing.

You then snipped the following and missquoted me out of context, AGAIN.

They also each have different body types, top speeds/accelerations, and primary weapons, with associated range differences.

The above means EACH have different: blah blah blah.

I never said which was slower, faster, or even if it was consistent.

Please read more carefully in the future.

Nov. 17, 2016, 4:49 a.m.

@Jeslis
Emm... so your answer to OP question "what stats are hiden behind the ship classification?" was not

? So you were just sharing a valuable information that each ship within classification type is essentially different except "all secondaries and modules/passive perks access"? Ok, I'm confused smile because I thought it's kinda obvious, while OP was asking for consistency.

RiP Dreadnought. Another great game killed by short-sighted greed :'(

Nov. 17, 2016, 6:25 a.m.

Guys it's not really the stats that reflect the classifications. It alludes to the playstyle of the ships. Light ships very mobile, harass a lot, glass cannons. Heavy ships, slow but fairly good damage dealing ships, win more with attrition. Medium ships are jack of all trades but master of none, can make it work like a light or a heavy but it just won't be perfect.

Well something along the lines of this.

Nov. 17, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-58483)

Nope, doesn't work either, e.g. at T5 light artillery is heavier than medium.

The original idea is as Jeslis said, it just didn't survive game balancing and now that we've got the tech trees is should just be removed for it serves no purpose anymore.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.