FORUMS

My Issue with Dreadnought

Posted: //
Feb. 24, 2019, 4:57 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 24, 2019, 4:58 p.m.

Alright, I'll do this without any fancy blah blah.

Dreadnought is dead. We all are just waiting for the funeral before the rotten corpse starts smelling. Now here are some of my issues, why this game cannot entertain me, why it fails keeping me playing over and over. It does not have much to offer besides the grind and ship customization, and the one thing does not work without the other. Grinding does feel like hard work to me, something I have to do, not like something that I want to do. The gameplay is always kinda the same. It is just destroy or be destroyed. I grind for nothing, just the same modules with better numbers, I play for the same ships with better appearance. There currently are only two gamemodes, which are pretty similar. There is never anything new when playing, there is no boss I have to defeat, nothing to explore, no interesting enemies no cool max level unlock or anything. What does the player get for reaching Tier 5? Nothing. No new ship classes, no variation in gameplay. It is just the same, all the time. Not the Grind is the issue, there is just nothing to sugarcoat it. Dreadnought, as much as I like space and science fiction, is a rather shallow experience. We need gamemodes that feature new and uncommon things, challenges etc.

Do not get lazy devs, do not remain silent.

But I guess you cannot help something that's already dead...

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 25, 2019, 4:27 p.m.

When the issues hit with the last update I went to Star Trek Online until they were fixed. I went back to Dreadnought for a day or two, but inot since because, as you said: it's repetetive. I'm tired of playing six boards on just Onslought because it offers more rewards, and as a solo there isn't much teamwork because its set up for players to play for themselves, not the team due to the grind (a stark ontrast to STO where there's an extroidinary amount of cooperation, and almost nobody used headsets either). I had the 7 day of elite they rewarded, I let 6 days go unused because I just haven't felt like playing Onslought over and over.

There needs to be new games modes, reduced grind, far more PvE and better market prices for the game to succeed. I don't see any happening.

Feb. 25, 2019, 11:29 p.m.

Agreed...

Less bugs, More PvE and Campaign mode, More maps for sure!

I think more PvP would dilute the Ques tho...

I would like to see hero skins available (without the actual hero ship) for a greatly reduced cost!

I think paint jobs are well priced tho...

But mostly i agree with skyraider as far as flaws go

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Feb. 26, 2019, 9:54 a.m.

It is unfortunate that this is happening. The layoffs, followed by cancelling the livestream, and then the deafening silence for days on their twitter feed, all the while an investor is screaming from the rooftops to abandon ship... It paints a very drab and dark picture for the future of our beloved game.

Feb. 26, 2019, 10:37 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 26, 2019, 3:15 p.m.

Vascilios#9709 posted (#post-279018) said:

It is unfortunate that this is happening. The layoffs, followed by cancelling the livestream, and then the deafening silence for days on their twitter feed, all the while an investor is screaming from the rooftops to abandon ship... It paints a very drab and dark picture for the future of our beloved game.

What investor is saying this?

And yes, twitter silence is bad and not only did they cancel the livesteam, but the sudden, short statement they announced it with had a very ominous tone. (*Edit: looking at their twitter, they had promoted the livestream earlier that day).

Not to mention any players paying noticing the silence will be wary about spending any money on the game.

Feb. 26, 2019, 10:55 a.m.

A woman going by the online ID Quayjay, or something... Mathiasatva did a video on it in the youtubes.

Feb. 26, 2019, 11:13 a.m.

Hi Vascilios!

Yes Skyraider, whether or not the rumors are true, 6foot/greybox being silent is doing more damage to player confidence and spending than any rumor could ever do!

As it makes the dreadnought devs appear like they lack confidence in the game, and that they are avoiding the player base.

Even a short propaganda piece would do wonders right now...

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Feb. 26, 2019, 1:56 p.m.

Vascilios#9709 posted (#post-279020) said:

A woman going by the online ID Quayjay, or something... Mathiasatva did a video on it in the youtubes.

Quayjay is not an investor. That much is fact.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Feb. 26, 2019, 2:28 p.m.

The plot thickens...

Feb. 26, 2019, 3:12 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 26, 2019, 3:14 p.m.

deleted, accidental post

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.