FORUMS

Question for the developers: Is anybody out there?

Posted: //
March 20, 2019, 5:41 a.m.

Since the last Twitch stream on 6th of February we've got nothing but radio silence from you (server updates don't count).

I think it is hight time to tell the community what's going on. 6 weeks without any beep from the CM's is absolutely unacceptable. I guess the writing is on the wall and the concurrent players number on Steam Charts speaks volume but nonetheless be transparent and tell us what we all assume anyway: Is Dreadnought still in development?

Fostering the community is as important as developing the game and frankly speaking you sucked at both. But after months of critical feedback the game is finally in a really good spot. The bonus XP helps lessen the grind, the balance is the best it's ever been and the gameplay is excellent.

This could be the foundation for the resurrection of the game. To play dead like you currently do only shows that you gave up on the game. But if so why should we as the players care anylonger?

If you want the game to live on you need to start talking to us again and more importantly add new features to the game ASAP. No more 'this may be added at a later date', 'this is not on our immediate to-do list' or 'this is not a definite NO but we don't have any plans at the moment'.

Stop optimizing maps and add real content. Add Havoc and custom games to PC now. Give us a road map of things to come now, even if there is no exact release date. Just show us that you still care.

If not you might as well have skipped the server migration and just turned the power off instead.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

https://sad-clan.pro

Bild

March 20, 2019, 8:30 a.m.

Updated //
March 20, 2019, 8:34 a.m.

I couldn't agree more. Anytime a company goes silent it's not a good sign and we've had a lot recently. It goes further than that though. There hasn't been a community event since before Steam launch, and even then they still didn't give the emblem rewards for some of them. You look at successful online games and weekend events are key to get people coming back. Twitch drops have been gone for about the same time.

You can sense the comunity losing interest. Posting on these boards is down, twitter responses, even to get free GP, are minimal. Honestly, when the game was down and finally came back I'm not even sure I shrugged my shoulders.

I really enjoyed the game but at this point I'm pretty tired of just playing Onslought because it has the best rewards and even then half the time I go against a squad and my team gets lit up and the rewards aren't very good.

Like you said they need more content and frankly PvE. The bots may not be great, but its better than seeing five level 50s and knowing you're done before firing a shot. Give the choice of playing PvE or PvP before even choosing which game type you want.

March 22, 2019, 8:03 p.m.

It's pretty simple. Greybox/SixFoot realized this game is a failed product, so they won't be making any real investments into it; they'll only keep a skeleton crew to maintain it as long as they can scrounge whatever money people are willing to spend on it until that is no longer profitable.

March 27, 2019, 9:42 p.m.

They had their chance to make this game great some time ago, even before the steam launch. That time has passed, games come and go.

I could go on and on about the reasons why, but i've already done that on numerous forums over the last 2 years or so, and barely anything has been changed in that time, so.

Sad to see that this game never really hit its stride, but I'm looking forward to other similar titles.

March 28, 2019, 8:37 a.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-279198) said:

They had their chance to make this game great some time ago, even before the steam launch. That time has passed, games come and go.

I could go on and on about the reasons why, but i've already done that on numerous forums over the last 2 years or so, and barely anything has been changed in that time, so.

Sad to see that this game never really hit its stride, but I'm looking forward to other similar titles.

Yeah, this could have been a really good game, but it seemed once it transferred from Yager to Sixfoot things fell apart. It seemed they wasted a lot of time, money and resources on making changes no one wanted and then even more fixing those changes. Further, they're basically going silent on the community and not running any events just turned people away and paired with the grind, technical issues and being seal clubbed by squads players really had no reason to stay.

I started playing about a year ago and for the next six months things seemed to be coming together for the game. The Steam launch which was intended to propel the game forward instead pushed it face first into the ground.

March 30, 2019, 9:26 p.m.

I'm hearing rumors that they are going to be shutting the servers down not long from now and that the game is dead. Basically, the Steam launch was the big payday for the devs and everybody made their coin and jumped ship after that.

It's a real shame, as this game had real potential.

The horrifically bad move of downgrading the PC's interface for the Steam launch was the death blow and everything since has been a sh-tshow. The servers go down constantly. In fact, , they're down right now as of 9:15PM EST on 3/30, with nary a word on Twitter.

It's the end of an era....

March 31, 2019, 5:35 p.m.

I've been told the servers are not shutting down anytime soon.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 1, 2019, 8:40 a.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2019, 8:41 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-279203) said:

I've been told the servers are not shutting down anytime soon.

No offense, but it's disconcerting that it's you rather than the Devs announcing this.

April 12, 2019, 12:25 a.m.

Optimizing maps is likely the only thing they can do right now

definitly the engine is good. the thing just needs more diversity in play. unfortunatly there is not enough people to add more types of games... and defnitly this game, the type of game being played is getting stale.

also they lost the plot by making changes in the level match distibution because people were complaining... They made the changes so your lvl 4 ships can only be playe in legend and all the old players who grinded for a year and a half, like me, basically got locked out of they ships because eventually everone fleed the game having to either

1)Play the cr appy ship you'd abandoned months prior or 2)get bundled in with legendary players

resulting in a mass exodus of moderate players. lets not discount the bugs and all

anyway. the game deserves a chance but it deserves a change

some other types of game possibly. it's a space game. there are plenty of concepts to explore...

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.