FORUMS

Bots have to be eliminated from the PvP-game modes

Posted: //
April 24, 2019, 8:18 a.m.

Updated //
April 24, 2019, 8:20 a.m.

Last weekend I played TDM on Veteran fleet and the opposing team had 5 bots in their ranks while my team had 6. No, this is not a typo! We actually had six bots in TDM in our team.

This wouldn't be much as much of a problem if the AI were at least decently capable but unfortunately the AI is dumb as f..k. These bots always charge the enemy straight ahead with no chance for you to make them hold position, fall back or do simple things like taking cover. As such all these bots do is to feed the opposing team while you can only helplessly watch them go down. This leads to the situation that the team with more bots in their ranks is almost certainly on the receiving end of the match regardless of skill.

This issue was barely noticable when having a bot in your team was the exception rather then the rule. But with player numbers dwindling the issue becomes more and more pronounced until finally you feel like you play Proving Grounds instead of TDM.

I'd rather play 5 vs. 6 than having 2 or 3 bots in my team which do nothing but making my game experience worse.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

April 24, 2019, 11:54 a.m.

Ich glaub, einer von den Bots war kein Bot, das könnte auch ich gewesen sein...

April 25, 2019, 4:50 a.m.

removing bots altogether? then how many people wopuld we need to get a Q to pop? If one team has 5 ships and the other has 6, if one team has a bad ship comp one team will get eaten alive, you could also sneek aroound a lot easier with less ships per match and no bots. if anything, Bot AI needs to be made better so they are no a liability to your team.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 26, 2019, 2:49 a.m.

removing bots altogether? then how many people wopuld we need to get a Q to pop? If one team has 5 ships and the other has 6, if one team has a bad ship comp one team will get eaten alive, you could also sneek aroound a lot easier with less ships per match and no bots.

Easy: 5. I don't see why this would be a problem. The PS4 version had its fleet size limited to 5 ships for years and apparently that worked as well.

if anything, Bot AI needs to be made better so they are no a liability to your team.

Let's face it, the devs have ceased any work on the game. I imagine increasing the competency of the AI would require a lot of development time and resources. But even if they would still work on the game. If recent events have tought us anything, then that SixFoot is the incarnation of incompetency. Want an example? Here we go:

• no roadmap at all (until the alledged end of development when they went radio silent in the middle of February which means 4 months after Steam release),
  • no additional content that was promised in May '18 (Havoc Mode, Custom matches)
  • no additional content that was promised right after Steam release (new PvP-focused game mode)
  • a bug, that prevented the icons of the market place items to be displayed lingered on for 4 weeks
  • the sound bug where the sound got distorded during the heat of the battle was never truely fixed, instead their solution was to mute all sounds for the duration of the distortion creating an awkward silence while everything around you explodes
  • baffling balance changes (looking at you AmorAmp for Corvettes)
  • changes to game mechanics the community didn't ask for (Rupture replacing Purge)
  • changes to game mechanics that were meant to lure players into spending real world money by increasing the already enormous amount of grind (increasing the cost for Battle Bonus in Legendary fleet)
  • and worst of all: they completely ignored player feedback leading to game updates that did not target the most pressing issues the players had with the game leading to the mass exodus of players

All of this shows that SixFoot either never played their own game (Kyle and Shawn certainly never did, otherwise they would not have sucked in their live streams so hard) or they do not understand basic principles of game design. Long story short: I believe that SixFoot would be overchallenged with the creation of a more capable AI.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

April 26, 2019, 5:18 a.m.

So, if i follow you, they have stopped working on the game, and you want them to drop team size to 5. So how is that going to happen? If anything I'd say we just have to accept the game as it is in that case.

If there is no one working on the game, then there is no one to make the changes you want.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

April 26, 2019, 8:24 a.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-279259) said:

if anything, Bot AI needs to be made better so they are no a liability to your team.

Let's face it, the devs have ceased any work on the game. I imagine increasing the competency of the AI would require a lot of development time and resources. But even if they would still work on the game. If recent events have tought us anything, then that SixFoot is the incarnation of incompetency.

All of this shows that SixFoot either never played their own game (Kyle and Shawn certainly never did, otherwise they would not have sucked in their live streams so hard) or they do not understand basic principles of game design. Long story short: I believe that SixFoot would be overchallenged with the creation of a more capable AI.

To me, this is basically what it would take to make the game successful: better AI and PvE. Given the complete lack of communication from Greybox aside from server issues in recent months, I doubt any changes are forthcoming and that may even include new marketpace items. I'm pretty much expecting the next tweet from them to say they are shutting the servers down.

April 26, 2019, 10:34 a.m.

I've noticed more bots in the Vet matches as well, but it's fine with me. I would rather have the matches pop rather than sit there forever. It turns into a 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 pretty much in those matches. The most difficult part of those matches is when the opposing teams bots decide to actually heal. Somehow the bots are better healers than most players. The trick is getting them to actually follow you.

April 26, 2019, 4:13 p.m.

To me... going back to 5v5 is a step backwards and ruins my game experience.

Although it is true that bots are better than some players, they are pretty silly when compared to veteran/elite players.

I'd ALSO like to add that before this change, the PS4 server que times were very low and there were very few bots. so this change has defeinately made things worse for us!!! (you know, the neglected and overlooked majority of the player base, on the server that was called a "moderate success" by gaming outlets???)

I think this is because the bot ships have module builds that an AI lacks the strategy and nuance to fly appropriately! Expecially corvette bots. However, the Tac and Arty bots are actually decent!

my solution is not to "reinvent" the AI programming, (since we have little RnD funding) but instead, change the AI ships module builds to much more simplistic builds that are straight foward and compliment the human players!

for example: The bots are notorious for not being able to handle movement mods and jumping without goofing it up! especially modules like warp jump, after burner, blink warp, and tac target jump!

Instead replace these kinds of maneuver mods with armor amp mods.

Another example: Bots lack the startegy, timing and nuance to use status effect modules! (especially corvettes and arty) Therefore, replace these modules with damage modules!

Also: bots with goliath torpedos BLOWING THEMSELVES UP!!! LOL!!!

Here are some basic bot builds for each class that would probably drastically increase bot performance and help human team members!

All Corvettes: Medium Cloak (or light), Torpedo Salvo, Blast Pulse, Armor Amp.

All Tacs: Artillery pod, Flachettes, Repair auto beams, Armor amp.

All Destroyers: Tempest missiles, Flachettes, Weapon booster pulse (or h3ll lazers), Energy Generator.

All Arty: Bomb Catapault, Flachettes, Anti missile pulse, Armor AMp.

All dreads: Nuke, Vulture missiles (or light), Armor booster pulse, Armor Amp.

With these kinds of builds the AI can be effective at supporting human players and not do annoying things like blink warp to the edge of the map and get stuck, firing drain missiles at a distant corvette while they are shooting at a dreadnought, target warp to the same spot they were at before, senslessly after burner into walls, or BLOWING THEMSELVES UP WITH THIER OWN GOLIATH!!!!

whatever problems there are in 8v8, will be amplified and exasserbated in 5v5, as well as making matches less fun and longer to resolve!

If it is inevitable that there will be more bots in our matches, lets give the bots the proper tools to be effective fighters, and not such a burden to human players!!

thanks... and i'll see you soon in Sinley bay!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

April 27, 2019, 1:41 a.m.

I would have the system do at minimum a 4vs4 game where bots are allowed in. else the game is real people, with more and more actual players, I dont really care if it's 5 v 6 on the way to 8v8

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

April 27, 2019, 1:55 a.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2019, 1:55 a.m.

duplicate

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.