FORUMS

What's with all the nukes recently?

Posted: //
May 30, 2019, 10:04 p.m.

For the time I've been playing (PS4) I've only come across nukes now and then. The last few weeks, practically every match these modules are being used. And I'm not talking a few times a match, its been steaight up Skynet going Judgement Day during matches. I've got anti-nuke lasers on my Onager, but most the time I'm getting hit so often they are still in cooldown. A few times I've spawned and without warning boom, I'm dead. Is anyone else coming across this? Also, the nuke warning occurs way too late.

May 31, 2019, 6:34 a.m.

I also realized a light growth in nuclear strike density since the last time. But as a healer I'm often in the melee region of a battle, so I didn't think anything about it. Maybe you had just bad luck the last time or some very engaged players found out that their nukes are not only effective by shooting them into a melee, but also using them at long Distance for onehitting Artillery cruisers.

I also have experienced your other problem with the late nuke warning siren. Maybe it is based on some server or time lagging, as data has to go around the whole World for connecting the players. I may have a little Tipp as well: Most nuclear weapons are fired from a ship, then travelling by warp jump over your ship and then hitting you. As the rockets are launched, there comes a normal rocked launch warning. That is the time to activate the lasers. The nuke warning is supposed to occur about two seconds before impact, so you won't have enough time to activate lasers, but most time it is possible to raise your main shield before impact, wich absorbs most of the damagge (but draining all of your energy as well).

As a standard issue healer I usually have the repair Autobeams at my third module slot, so I use exclusively the shield and self healing (or healing drone) to react to enemy nuke attacks.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

May 31, 2019, 8:36 a.m.

People are likely using them more due to the late nuc siren. I've had numerous matches where the siren goes off a split second before it hits. I haven't had luck with anti-nuc lasers/HL's in several months. The HL module used to blink for a second when a nuc was launched and they worked great. They were "fixed" and now light up and intercept everything; plus they blind you. The only benefit to nuc's that I really see in leg matches is for snipers. If I'm in a dread with good heals, I want the nuc's launched at me because it decreases my cooldowns big time.

May 31, 2019, 9:14 a.m.

I have armor lockdown on my Onager so I engage that when I hear the warning and throw up shields and its saved me a number of times. A lot of times it seems to be done to one hit snipers but i do see a number hitting packs of ships.

June 1, 2019, 12:40 a.m.

I have what i call my funny corvette build against nukes. On a T4-T5 corvette (either Jupiter or Akula), put Thrust Amp, Scramble Mines, Anti-Nuke Lasers, Afterburner. For the Officer Briefings either Desp Measure or Feedback Loop, Weapon 101, Engine Rigger, Get My Good Side or Engineering 101.

This build is really fun in Conquest. At the beginning of the match, rush to the closest control point and capture it, but make yourself visible to enemy dreadnought like staying on the top of the bubble, with some luck an enemy will launch a nuke on you. During the match, the build is really meant to fly fast, capture empty point and be a mild nuisance to bigger enemies. The build is usually good against lone artillery cruiser and the anti-nuke will affect plenty of enemy modules such as nuke (duh), but also bomb catapult and missiles (known bug).

Note: I use this build on PC, I have no idea if there's bug that would prevent this build to work on PS4.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

June 1, 2019, 1:09 a.m.

Conquest isnt availsble on ps4 :/

June 1, 2019, 1:16 a.m.

Lol, didn't knew that, well I guess the build can still be used in TDM and Onslaught as a secondary loadout when you know that opponents use plenty of nukes.

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

June 3, 2019, 9:54 a.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-279367) said:

Conquest isnt availsble on ps4 :/

What the actual f&%k?! One can't help but wonder if this is meant to make good for the lack of Havoc Mode and Team Elimination on PC (sarcasm incoming!).

All that talking about parity between the two platforms (which was the main rationale for implementing the new hangar mind you) actually was nothing more than pointless gibberish from the devs. Just wow!

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

June 6, 2019, 10:14 a.m.

Rekindle your love for Dreadnought!!!! Give others the warm snuggly gift of Nuclear Radiation!!!!

I play on the PS4 meow

June 6, 2019, 1 p.m.

Well when I played on Sunday I got six of those gifts in one match and havent played since it was so annoying.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.