FORUMS

Is the game dead?

Posted: //
June 10, 2019, 9:19 a.m.

Is the game dead? I haven't heard from developers on new plans or patches in months, and their Youtube channel is gone. What's going on?

June 10, 2019, 10:58 a.m.

Well, The Game Servers are still online and there are still active players. According to Steamcharts, there are about 120-130 Players online worldwide by average.

Source:https://steamcharts.com/app/835860

But you are right, there was few active Support and no updating by the Studion since January, why many posters in this Forum are some Kind of upset or fearing that it might be a matter of months to the total shutdown. There is also a poster named "Rockbell", who sounds very optimistic, but as she refuses to give any sources for the information in her posts I wouldn't call her reliable.

I for Myself still hope, that the game hasn't reached its end yet, especially since the Steamcharts show a stop in the Downsmashing Playercount in the last months. But I would't recommend to spend real money on this game, as I'm not really sure weather the game still has a long future.

June 10, 2019, 12:17 p.m.

the game is not "dead" yet. A patch is dew "soon". As DN space ghost posted on the discord about it. there was also an event the weekend.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 10, 2019, 6:05 p.m.

In the last weeks Dreadnought indeed looks like it starts to recover a little. As I said, the Steam charts indicate a stabilizing Player base since April and yees, there was a little event this weekend.

Well, let's just hope there are some players left to have fun with that bigger "Patch" they are working on when it gets released. I will play the game from time to time for as long as it still exists, as I did since I startet Dreadnought about one Year ago. It is still a good game for taking a little break from Studying (applied natural science in my case) and blowing something up. So I would still recommend it for players who just want to have some fun with tactical space combat.

But, as I said, I would not pay any real life money on it for as long as Dreadnoughts future is so uncertain, and I also cannot recommend it to hardcore players wich search for a game the can spend days on, as it is not (yet) diversified enough to be an independent hobby.

According to Mrs. Rockbell (not really sure if Rockbell is female or male, but seems to be female from the pictue) the Developers might be planning to overhaul the game completely. Let's see what will come.

June 10, 2019, 7:54 p.m.

If there is any real news, you can be sure to trust Belial for any real confirmation.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

June 11, 2019, 9:26 a.m.

Well, good to hear that there is some hope for this game. We'll see what this patch offers.

June 17, 2019, 8:43 p.m.

It makes me mad because at its core this game is so AWESOME!

To see it essentialy ignored by the devs for so long is infuriating.

A broad sweep of balance changes would really help warp the game in the right direction, we need a huge shake up in the meta. Something big.

In the current state, the game is very stale. Maybe by the "metrics" its balanced, but players need a change!

June 18, 2019, 4:21 a.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-279459) said:

It makes me mad because at its core this game is so AWESOME!

To see it essentialy ignored by the devs for so long is infuriating.

A broad sweep of balance changes would really help warp the game in the right direction, we need a huge shake up in the meta. Something big.

In the current state, the game is very stale. Maybe by the "metrics" its balanced, but players need a change!

there is a patch being worked on. it was being tested last week.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 21, 2019, 1:31 a.m.

Was it ever alive?

Come join me @ Twitch

June 21, 2019, 5:16 a.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279463) said:

Was it ever alive?

Probably during the Ceres awakens event.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.