FORUMS

Is the game dead?

Posted: //
June 21, 2019, 3:35 p.m.

Ps4 still gets 4 minute leg q time.... and we still have people commenting in the forums!

If you like the game play till it dies!

If enough players have that attitude... the game will never truly be dead!

PS5 will be backward compatible for PS4... just a thought!

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

June 21, 2019, 5:35 p.m.

Well for an online pvp game only, they need more than a small core base. Since the core game isnt sealed behing purchases they rely on elite status and cosmetics. So to be profitable, they need a bunch of players willing to spend; core players will likely max out for purchases at a certain point

June 24, 2019, 10:08 p.m.

Look,

The game is on life support. Somehow launching it into the mainstream would require a pretty big overhual and significant marketing. If I was the devs, I would be focusing on keeping existing players interested.

What does that mean? We need a big balance overhaul that significantly changes the meta. If that happenened, you know I would be playing every night.

June 25, 2019, 3:33 p.m.

Have a question. I'v been off here for awhile, can I keep my ships and everything on steam from greybox?

June 25, 2019, 5:11 p.m.

tak1866#0665 posted (#post-279499) said:

Have a question. I'v been off here for awhile, can I keep my ships and everything on steam from greybox?

As long as you use the link accounts option when you first launch the game on steam, yes.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 25, 2019, 10:58 p.m.

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-279496) said:

If I was the devs, I would be focusing on keeping existing players interested.

Yeah, but we're not spending any money so that's not gonna work. Besides, it's us who are scaring off the newer players anyways. A clean wipe would be the best thing.

Come join me @ Twitch

June 26, 2019, 3:21 p.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279502) said:

Yeah, but we're not spending any money so that's not gonna work. Besides, it's us who are scaring off the newer players anyways. A clean wipe would be the best thing.

that would drive veteran players away, and also they would have to give back all the elite that people had before the wipe. Not that it would help player retention.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

June 26, 2019, 6:49 p.m.

Yeah, if they wiped it and I lost all my T5s and T4s after all that time put in, Id stop playing.

July 1, 2019, 10:29 p.m.

I feel like the game was hoppin before steam. I took a break. Came back after steam... now it take forever to get a game and half the players are bots.

July 2, 2019, 1:17 a.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-279505) said:

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279502) said:

that would drive veteran players away, and also they would have to give back all the elite that people had before the wipe. Not that it would help player retention.

The choices are clear... retain the new players in the current format or keep fluffing those who are scaring those newer players off. Give back money spent in pursuit of leveling up? In my view, playing a game is in the moment. I don't see how the challenge of starting over disdains that moment. I don't see how anyone is oweyd anything when long term game fixes are implimented. There is no monetary value to our successes and those who know what to do will rise again. While I would like to continue with m progress, I know my enjoyment would not be hindered. Although I wouldn't mind a faster progression rate.

Come join me @ Twitch

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.