FORUMS

Is the game dead?

Posted: //
July 3, 2019, 4:25 a.m.

According to how long I needed to get my first T5-Ship (the Feronia if you want to ask), I would be rather frustratet if it would be gone suddenly. But I think I wouldn't stop playing, I would play even more to get it back ASAP.

July 3, 2019, 6:11 p.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279513) said:

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-279505) said:

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279502) said:

VirtualRiot#3785 posted (#post-279496) said:

If I was the devs, I would be focusing on keeping existing players interested.

Yeah, but we're not spending any money so that's not gonna work. Besides, it's us who are scaring off the newer players anyways. A clean wipe would be the best thing.

that would drive veteran players away, and also they would have to give back all the elite that people had before the wipe. Not that it would help player retention.

The choices are clear... retain the new players in the current format or keep fluffing those who are scaring those newer players off. Give back money spent in pursuit of leveling up? In my view, playing a game is in the moment. I don't see how the challenge of starting over disdains that moment. I don't see how anyone is oweyd anything when long term game fixes are implimented. There is no monetary value to our successes and those who know what to do will rise again. While I would like to continue with m progress, I know my enjoyment would not be hindered. Although I wouldn't mind a faster progression rate.

people have spent money on elite to progress. You are asking to invalidate all the time and effort people have spent on the game so far, to pander to new players who are getting beaten by "veteran" players. I fail to see how that will save the game.

This game is not a mass appeal game. it was never going to be a hundreds of thousands of players game. it's a game that relies on builds and if you have the "wrong" build, you are just food for the other team. there are also the modules that people coming up don't know about, because they don't have a T3 equivalent. The problem is the power creep, and lack of understanding of how the game works dew to a poor tutorial. resetting everyone back to square one will not take away the game know how veteran players have.

Your idea is a delusional one. it will fix nothing, and probably do more harm than good, and just show players that all there time spent can be all for nothing for no real good reason.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 8, 2019, 6:57 a.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2019, 7:12 a.m.

Steam chart don't get console player, so we don't know where the game live on. Honestly i'm worried for the future of the game.

My opinion on why he poor popularity and new player income is the poor design on player progression. If the game would have been a pay to play, maybe player progression wouldn't be so unfun.

July 8, 2019, 8:59 a.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2019, 9 a.m.

Dreadnought is just too repetitive and way too grindy sometimes, especially credits. The same Maps, the same goals. Destroy other ships/capture stuff.The Game needs to offer the player a variety of interesting things, content which is new and interesting. Like a fighter jet dogfight mode, or a Bossfight mode where the team must defeat a transhuman superweapon. New Ship classes to offer new tactics and a fresh experience. But instead, the devs just piššed off and left us, a big betrayal like Star Wars 9 or No Man's Sky

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

July 9, 2019, 2:40 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-279515) said:

people have spent money on elite to progress. You are asking to invalidate all the time and effort people have spent on the game so far, to pander to new players who are getting beaten by "veteran" players. I fail to see how that will save the game.

This game is not a mass appeal game. it was never going to be a hundreds of thousands of players game. it's a game that relies on builds and if you have the "wrong" build, you are just food for the other team. there are also the modules that people coming up don't know about, because they don't have a T3 equivalent. The problem is the power creep, and lack of understanding of how the game works dew to a poor tutorial. resetting everyone back to square one will not take away the game know how veteran players have.

Your idea is a delusional one. it will fix nothing, and probably do more harm than good, and just show players that all there time spent can be all for nothing for no real good reason.

Yes, invalidate time, effort, and money spent to let go of the current parasitic player base in order to gain a new one. This will show that they are willing to make sacrifices so that new players can feel like future time spent is valuable. The risk is low when you look at the current numbers. Calling it delusional, or harm is premature without seeing the actual results.

Come join me @ Twitch

July 10, 2019, 9:52 a.m.

Updated //
July 10, 2019, 9:54 a.m.

You'd be telling your core/long time players are the time and money they spent on the game is now fot nothong because everyone is back to square one. Theyre investments would be wasted and in terms of elite status youre taking away the product they payed for. How can you not consider that harmful? Those players would likely bolt and numbers go down even further.

July 10, 2019, 6:15 p.m.

I worked my ašs off to get my precious Tier V Monarch heavy Dreadnought, even a broken Arm could not stop my Grind. And now you want my efforts to be for nothing? No one is going to touch my Spaghett!

(God, so often the word "my" in this reply, not good)

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

July 10, 2019, 6:22 p.m.

SkyRaider#3584 posted (#post-279528) said:

You'd be telling your core/long time players are the time and money they spent on the game is now fot nothong because everyone is back to square one. Theyre investments would be wasted and in terms of elite status youre taking away the product they payed for. How can you not consider that harmful? Those players would likely bolt and numbers go down even further.

Which product are you referring to?

And do you mean to say that achievements are more important than gameplay? If the old alpha/beta population has to start again, big deal. People who like to play will continue to play. No sunk cost should interfere with that. This whole king of the mountain system with finely tuned builds can start fresh. At least this time more poeple will push for the heights.

Come join me @ Twitch

July 10, 2019, 6:24 p.m.

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-279529) said:

I worked my ašs off to get my precious Tier V Monarch heavy Dreadnought, even a broken Arm could not stop my Grind. And now you want my efforts to be for nothing? No one is going to touch my Spaghett!

If you love something, you can let it go.

Come join me @ Twitch

July 10, 2019, 6:42 p.m.

slab_of_bacon#9340 posted (#post-279531) said:

Enterprise_NC1701#2026 posted (#post-279529) said:

If you love something, you can let it go.

No.

^I want to believe^

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.