FORUMS

Is the game dead?

Posted: //
Sept. 3, 2019, 6:46 p.m.

DRAKONASisREAL#6814 posted (#post-279640) said:

Though corvettes are most capable at exploiting inexperienced people - I do think against 4 man premades corvettes are the least effective of all 5 class types.

It's really just Stasis Ammo and your teams ability to dish out 12-18k dmg is easy split 8 ways. I think meta is shifting towards utility rather than upfront damage. Thats why you're seeing more tartar missiles, disruptors.

Honestly still seeing a lot more damage that tactial. I have most trouble with my artie (of course) and the statis beams wont do much good against the one shot, plus you have to give up a major offensive module to use them. And the problem with statis ammo is its pretty limited. Basically useless against dreads and most destroyers arent moving fast. It seems too specialized for me to  spend on it and deck out a T5, but thats me.

Sept. 5, 2019, 4:26 p.m.

ya i started playing a couple months before the update and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I was super salty about the new tier system and suggested just a presitge option. eventually got use to it but since i mained Vette i got tons of hate for topping the boards most of my matches.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Sept. 17, 2019, 5:45 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 17, 2019, 5:48 a.m.

Returning player here. Game is not dead, had about a dozen matches yesterday night with <2 min waiting time.

I liked the beta system most, because it was transparent. What came after was super grindy and muddled. Pleased to see that it has improved a little bit, since. The grind is not so much any more. However, it still is not very transparent, you need multiple clicks to get an overview of what can be and what you want.

I also like that the level spread for any game difficulty has been minimized, you are now a max of one level apart. Seems fair enough.

The corvette-debate is as old as the game is, so I guess the gameplay is fine as is. Thanks to the slow moving nature, gameplay still is ruled by a proper tactical positioning and according foresight of each team member, and not by some single OP builds.

As a sidenote, I hope that this also goes Stadia, to increase player base. I don´t like having to buy two gaming PC riggs, just in order to be able to play this with some friends who are more casual players. IMO, this game should focus on its strength of easy to learn, but highly tactical approach. Thus, tiers need go back to a more simplified beta-level or at least a better overview for casual players who do NOT want to spend 30 minutes just trying to learn what is what.... (because that is the time I needed as a returning player just to be able to re-orient myself; now imagine a newb!)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.