FORUMS

Heal Ball Still Needs Fixed

Posted: //
July 20, 2019, 1:12 p.m.

I've come across a few games today with this (including bots!) and seriously, it's and instant loss. I don't know how this hasnt been fixed yet but it's ridiculous. And you're probably thinking "well nuke them" when a ship with anti-nuke lasers keeps intercepting and their cooldown is less than the nuke cooldown it doesn't work.

Simple solution: if a healer is healing, it can't be healed. This way squads can't just park next to a command ship, heal all day with an impenetrable defense and don't get an easy win.

Also, get rid of healing s command ship which allows a single healer to park next to it and not let it be killed.

July 20, 2019, 2:08 p.m.

Nothing will happen here anymore. I doubt that the silence will cease, the Devs probably took the Money and vanished.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

July 20, 2019, 6:24 p.m.

Updated //
July 20, 2019, 6:38 p.m.

Well, in Onslaught matches the Healing Bubble Method isn't even a good Idea, as it is important to get as much Points as possible for your Team by killing other ships, You are not getting anything by sticking together and doing nothing. About the Idea of healing Bubbles in a Conquest game I hope I don't have to refer here (as there must be the goal to take as much place as possilbe, so to all the Players that read this: Please be the nice and SPREAD OUT when getting in such a Game).

Only in a Team Elimination match the Healing Bubble is indeed very effective. So (If you have the patience) you might be able to minimize the risk of getting to deal with a Healing Bubble by selecting a Game mode where it's tacticaly stupid to stick all together.

But in Team Deathmatches I would say that a healing Bubble is the best tactic you can take. So don't complain about healing bubbles in TDs, try and get you team to make one yourself. Usually you can use the communication shortcuts like "need reinforcements" or "regroup near me" or "need healing here". Or you can write a message to your team by pressing Shift + Enter and Typing something like "Stay close together all".

If the devs may have the fun and plan to overhaul the Communication shortcuts, I would prefer a way to say "Spread out" to get the Bot ships take some place so they are not ruining your Conquest match by sticking all together near the Spawnpoint. This command would be also helpful to make your Friends flee from you when you realize that a Nuke is targetet onto your ship. And in my Opinion there does only need to be one option like "Regroup near me" and "Need reinforcements" as they are saying actually the same Command "lets gather here"

And about Methods to minimize the damage caused by a Nuclear strike: I for myself wouldn't even prefer Laser or Pulse anti Rocket or Anti Nuke Systems, as they are often too slow in thier work (especially with these fast incoming warp rockets). In many cases you might save your ship, but getting the nuke to explosion right next to one of your friends who will surely be absolutely thankful for getting the damage instead of you (Usually this problem occurs when a Tactical or Artillery Cruiser starts his anti-Nuke-Laser in the second battle row.) Its a way better method to raise your shields right the moment when you get the acoustic nuke warning. This Method will drain your energy, but in this way I was able to endure a Nuke strike with an Artillery Cruiserand getting nearby no damage. And you have the Space of your tertiary Module for something more useful.

July 20, 2019, 6:30 p.m.

rupture beams, stasis ammo, disruptor missiles/beam/pulse, there are a boat load of counters to it. not to mention tarterus nuke.

going all damage has never been a good idea, also don't forget target warp on corvettes and dreads.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

July 20, 2019, 8:18 p.m.

Updated //
July 20, 2019, 8:27 p.m.

I usually dont have those mods on my ships and honestly i dont come across many others that do. Im rarely hit with a drain or disrupter shot. Plus when youre solo against a squad and your team doesnt listen to the signals as the squad is constantly talking, youre in a heap of trouble. Squads are more interested in winning than individual points and I cant stress enough how often solos dont listen. Ive called for support from people right next to me and nothing. In onslought when the command ship is the big points ans you cant kill theirs but they can kill yours, it usually ends up lopsided.

Frankly, going against a heal ball just isnt fun and I end up having to farm assault ships and fighters for points if the squad is huddled together. I still remember a match where we were so outclassed on Elysium I literally flew around the edge of the map killing asssult ships and fighters. Guess who on my team had the most points?

In regards to countering nuke strikes I just throw up shields and get points for a parry. One match today I got at least four parries, once a few seconds apart. Survived all but one nuke strike but I was basically dead already.

Honestly, onslought is all I play as as thats where the rewards are.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.