FORUMS

T3 Variants for Vindicta, Koschei and Jutland and early OB's

Posted: //
Aug. 17, 2019, 11:07 a.m.

First of all its nice to be back after a 1 year hiatus.

I'm glad there are still those who are playing DN.

The legendary queue still takes some time to match-up since there are few players.

Now the problem:

The speed of matchmaking in veteran queue is good, however I noticed the new players have difficulty fighting fully equipped T3 ships used by longtime players with full set of OB's.

Solution:

Give T3 variants for Vindicta, Koshei and Jutland.

It will give new players access to these toys earlier and can make them create their loadouts to counter the veteran players.

Also all OB's should be moved to T3 to level the playing field since they can accessed earlier.

It will also give them some insight on how Legendary Match is played.

What do you think?

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Aug. 17, 2019, 5:24 p.m.

I dont think extra ships for the three lines is really in the cards. I would agree access to OBs should be earlier for some of the modules for the reasons you mention. Something like Retaliator makes a huge difference.

Aug. 20, 2019, 3:39 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 20, 2019, 3:40 p.m.

Yes your right "Legendary Redefined" completely screwed up the game.

Here's the solution to your solution:

T1 = Proving grounds

T1, T2, & T3 = Recruit

T3 & T4 = Veteran

T4 & T5 = Legendary

Oh I'm sorry, you didn't actually say that "Legendary Redefined" update was a really bad decision that the game has yet to recover from.

You're idea is not bad, they just would not be able to make this kind of change to the UI

I play on the PS4 meow

Aug. 21, 2019, 6:16 a.m.

Updated //
Aug. 21, 2019, 6:18 a.m.

I actually don't understand how increasing the amount of available ships in tier III would solve the issue of veteran players stomping new ones. There are several reasons as to why your "solution" would achive exactly nothing:

1. These ships would still be in stock loadout (tier II modules, no OB's). So the disparity in firepower and durability vs. fully equipped existing T3's would remain unchanged.
  2. Veteran players still have access to most if not all of the OB's in the game. So even if you introduce new ships which even veteran players would have to research veteran players would have an instant edge over you simply by equipping OB's new players don't have access to yet.
  3. Most veteran players have loads of free XP and Credits, enough to instantly research and purchase all the desired modules of the newly introduced ships creating the very situation you want to solve: having fully equipped T3's (Veterans) vs. stock T3's (Noobies) so the stomp goes on.

But more importantly the power disparity between stock and fully equipped ships is a design choice aka. progression and as such a key mechanic that is supposed to make you a) keep playing and b) speed up your progression rate by purchasing Elite Status as this is a F2P game that needs to generate revenue somehow. So there is no way to circumvent this regardless of what ideas you come up with.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.