FORUMS

A new take on Tartarus Missile

Posted: //
Aug. 17, 2019, 11:21 a.m.

Since the Nuke buff, this missile seems to be underpowered.

Suggestion:

Match its blast radius and cooldown with the Nuke.

However decrease the duration of stasis, drain and module interrupt to compensate like 3 seconds.

The game will be fun if you play with a friend that has modules to combo with this.

How to Avoid Being Pubstomped by Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/64495/

Using Palos to Counter Corvettes: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/65419/

Aug. 17, 2019, 5:27 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 17, 2019, 5:29 p.m.

Honestly Ibe barely ever seen the Tartarus used. Most matches I see teams using nukes to and going Skynet on people (had a match last week got nuked 4 times in a row, the parry and indestrutible bonuses were nice additions to my scorewitha  Grenada no less )

Aug. 17, 2019, 8:46 p.m.

I have a nice frontline build with it, on the T4 light Dreadnought. I can last for minutes at the frontline against multiple enemies, while the Tacs heal me from Cover. Smooth Sailing and Inpenetrable ribbons are quite likely.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Aug. 21, 2019, 2:06 p.m.

Since the Nuke buff, this missile seems to be underpowered.

Match its blast radius and cooldown with the Nuke.

However decrease the duration of stasis, drain and module interrupt to compensate like 3 seconds.

Hi, sorry I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting but I do agree that this module is underused/ may need a buff

The main problem I am finding is the timing of when the Tartarus hits. It feels like the window to take advantage of a ship hit with this missle is very short. Trying to kill a Dread with Retaliator or Desperate Measures + Armor Amp is very difficult and usually results in you feeling like you are wasting your time.

I might suggest EITHER increasing the purge effect cooldown times OR decreasing the actual cooldown time of the Module ( like down to 35 seconds for T5 )

Increasing the radius of the blast is also a good idea imo

I play on the PS4 meow

Aug. 24, 2019, 4:54 p.m.

Tartarus is actually perfect where it is in my eyes at least in T4/T5 eyes. It's a nuke that does 2000 dmg (destroys fighters, interceptors, pods, and etc..unless armour pulsed, and it does:

Stasis, 125 energy drained, and Module silence for 12-15s.

You can kill a dreadnought easy with focus fire in 15s and no energy/very little parry it's just coordination. This nuke is to apply a timing push, or stall a rotation. You can use it to follow up with your initiating dreadnought whose going broad side to broad side with a dreadnought. You can use it to assure your seondary module (Vultures/Light missiles), will land a direct hit -- thats 20k damage.

The aim of tartarus is to put utility preasure on enemies. It's not meant to essentially kill - but put opponenets in positions that either stall, or exposes weaknesses in positions that make them vulnerable to kill. But a 55s nuke is definitely sufficient.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.