FORUMS

I realize this game is dead but....

Posted: //
Oct. 11, 2019, 4:53 a.m.

maybe take alittle time to balance tier 4 vs 5. Thanks.

Oct. 11, 2019, 8:24 p.m.

youre way too late on that one lol

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Oct. 12, 2019, 10:08 a.m.

we've been getting some balance updates here and there but its pretty much bug fixes and module adjustments. what in particular did you want changed? and if you think T4 vs T5 is bad, you should have been there when T4s were in veteran vs T3s. that was way worse and a lot of slaughters.

Oct. 13, 2019, 1:04 p.m.

Just to give some hope to the players who still hope to hold this game for some time:

According to Steam charts the average player count has slightly increased during the last 30 days.

https://steamcharts.com/app/835860#48h

Oct. 18, 2019, 3:14 p.m.

I calculate about 20 players an hour are playing now and more each week...

I agree that there has to be a narrower gap between the tiers.

Im eating the t2s in veterans and I cannot (t3 tac) heal a t2 dread fast enough when it fights a t3 dread

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 23, 2019, 7:56 p.m.

Well, not dead yet. Looks like we've got some more balancing, main guns seeming to be the major ones, and a bunch of new market items. Anyone have a chance to play with the new balances yet? Are the JA dread guns useful now?

Oct. 24, 2019, 4:07 a.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2019, 4:15 a.m.

I haven't had the chance to test the new Dreadnought primaries but based on the patch notes I have mixed feelings about that. There are some very welcome buffs but also some nerfs that are in my opinion completely unwarranted.

1.JA Dreadnought primaries

Based on the published values of base damage, number of projectiles and refire time one can calculate the damage per second of the primaries before/after the patch. The comparision of these values shows the following changes in regards to the different tiers:

• high: -8%
  • mid: +27%
  • low: +19%

Instead of an overall buff of primaries they actually got nerfed in close range. But what I absolutely hate about these patch is the increase of refire time from 0.2 to 0.45 seconds. The 'rapid fire mode' felt wonderful and was the only noticable attribute (as opposed to base stats) that set Tier IV and V apart. Taking that away deteriorates my gameplay experience of using primaries, even if they now (mostly) deal more damage.

2.JA Dreadnought secondaries

Secondaries in general got hit by an unexpected, unwanted and unwarranted nerf (T5 High 195 Mid 180 Low 150 changed to High 185 Mid 170 Low 145). This move is extremely baffling because

• secondaries were never an issue. Due to their limited range they were only usable in low to mid range encounters anyway. And even there they were far from the damage output destroyers or corvettes are capable of. In my opinion this is a prime example of the terrible practice of making one thing more appealing by making the alternative worse instead of making the first thing actually better. But more importantely
  • primaries got nerfed in the high damage tier which translates to short range. This is exactly the same range secondaries are meant for. So in close range we now have nerfed primaries and nerfed secondaries. Wtf?!

I appreciate the effort but in regards to JA Dreadnoughts this patch earns a plain 'F' mark as in Fail!

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

Oct. 24, 2019, 12:26 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 24, 2019, 12:30 p.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-279693) said:

Yeah, I'm really not sure why they messed with that primary gun... As a dreadnough player I used the primary at long distance for cover fire, and at close distance as a more powerful but slower shooting gun than the secondary mid range fast guns, meaning I have to acutally play the game modules and power manips and gun switching as much as any other ship... ... now that cover fire seems to be as damaging as a vette in mid range... So it's hamering everyone rn

The excuse given for the amping make no sense. it's basically fixing a non existant problem of new players not realising the use of the gun... meanwhile the veterans are nuking everyone in sight..

Why did they simply not jsut make the seconday gun the primary one if they were so concerned about wanting the primary to be causing more dammage?

Site | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | GameMaker

Oct. 28, 2019, 6:27 a.m.

Update to my post from 24th October:

I played a lot of the Monarch over the weekend and the damage increase at mid to long range engagements really workes. While the increased refire time still sucks the damage output is extremely noticable.

Before the update all what primaries seemed to do was to prevent the enemy ship from starting regen but not much else. Now the health bars of enemy ships seem to drain even faster than with plasma repeaters.

The mild damage reduction of secondaries isn't that noticable so the devs might as well have kept them untouched. At least the decrease of damage didn't render plasma repeaters useless. But I maintain that it is a baffling move to reduce damage of primaries and secondaries at close range all the same.

Anywho, long story short: All in all Jumplands are more competitive now and that's good news.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.