FORUMS

8v8 to 4v4, back to 5v5... BIG MISTAKE!

Posted: //
Nov. 16, 2019, 2:09 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 16, 2019, 2:11 p.m.

I have struggled to be patient with Dread's few ups and many, MANY downs... From the rampent Bugs, the unrequested and unnecessary game changes, poor monitization/retention, and of course, the lack of expansion content and Lore content...

I love this game and have defended it, promoted it and stood by it...

I sat through the Steam debacle, the Rupture and super vette nonesnse, and weathered the black and blue screen bug storms that raveged PS4... sometimes for weeks!!!

The saving grace of the game was the awesome design and engine Jeager made, the backstory, and the long awaited 8v8 battles!

8v8! the way the game was meant to be played!

on PS4, the leg que times during prime time have been stable for almost a year at 4-7 minutes, which is respectable for all PS4 games save 2 very popular ones! even brand new games have a 5+ minute wait!

Going to 5v5 is a serious MISTAKE!

it's a step backward, an insult to all the patience we've put in the game, and enables extreme bullying! Now instead of killing 8 players once or twice a match... i kill 2-3 playes 10 times a piece...

It's tactically stale and much more adversely affected by bots and disconnects...

Think quality over Quantity! If the game pop is waining, the die hards would rather wait 2-3 extra minutes to get a GOOD match... than to have worse quailty matches slightly more often, that return the game back to a state players were anxious to leave behind!

The PS4 meta was stable... so were que times... NOW THIS!!!

I've searched these foums, twitter and dread chat extensively and have not found ANY PS4 player that requested this change...

another arbitrary change to the game that ignored the player and fan base, and makes the game worse, ending up in even lower player pop!

This is another in a LONG line of bad decisions that have contributed to this games inevitable failure.

and it makes me very sad... and makes me feel like i've wasted a lot of time and love!

-Math

"Where ever you go... there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Dee Rek Dreadnought https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvlxvtmwBW0hyzExdat4pvA

Nov. 16, 2019, 3:56 p.m.

Where did you catch up on that? Is there an official anouncement on that? Some weeks ago ive also heard about a 4v4 event, that might eventually come when the stars allign in the far, far future. Wich lead to a discussion that was about decreasing playercount to start matches without bots. Because, if we're serious, you can see how matches will end just by looking wich players are in wich team (and amount of bots) in many cases, if you're a veteran that knows most names in the game. And bots doing weird stuff or even nothing (spinning at spawnlocation in conquest >.> ) is pretty annoying, too. If at least all bots on both teams always chose the same class.. Olga suiciding 7 times in a vette while gnamesh is healing in the other team does indeed make a huge difference. I personally would enjoy matches without bots a ton more. Make DN 5v5 or 6v6 or one bot per team only 7v7, or just delete bots.

Join the official Dreadnought Discord server for quick questions and tips via discord.gg/dreadnought !

Nov. 17, 2019, 5:12 p.m.

Different Point of View!

In 5v5 times the game was tactical. Since 8v8, it feels like a saloon brawl.

Thumps up for 5v5 again!

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Nov. 18, 2019, 2:36 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 18, 2019, 2:36 a.m.

Karl_Marx:

Olga suiciding 7 times in a vette while gnamesh is healing in the other team does indeed make a huge difference. I personally would enjoy matches without bots a ton more. Make DN 5v5 or 6v6 or one bot per team only 7v7, or just delete bots.

Well written! A few months back I wrote a post about this very issue. I won't repeat it here but want to chime in on it with just an image that I think shows off the whole 'having bots in your team is worse than being outnumbered' situation:

description

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

https://sad-clan.pro

Bild

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.