FORUMS

Pathetic XP gains

Posted: //
Jan. 21, 2020, 11:03 a.m.

XP and credit gains are woefully pathetic. It takes forever, especially at higher tiers.

Definitely needs rebalancing. The grind is real....

March 1, 2020, 8:17 a.m.

Agreed. 7K 0D 4A. 790XP? With the bonus?!?!

"No matter where you go there you are." ~ Dr B Banzai

March 1, 2020, 10:43 a.m.

Updated //
March 1, 2020, 8:56 p.m.

what ship and tier are you in? is that usually your best since that makes sense for that amount of xp

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

March 2, 2020, 8:15 p.m.

Kenny_Naboo#2270 posted (#post-279796) said:

XP and credit gains are woefully pathetic. It takes forever, especially at higher tiers.

Definitely needs rebalancing. The grind is real....

XP and Credit gains are balanced around the game mode that you are currently in. For example, in Conquest, you get points from positioning, capturing points and defending those points by killing enemies close to the points. While a kill only gives you 10 points, a kill next to the Control Point will yield you 300 points, and capturing a point yields 500 points.

While it isn't exact, yields are indeed related to how well you perform AND how well you follow the objective. If all you do in Conquest is kill players, you will probably not receive as much as if you where always capturing territory or defending points, while in Onslaught if you do the same you probably won't get as high of a score as if you were killing the NPC Command Ships and Assault Ships.

In addition, it is very important to note that you get MORE rewards if you have a full fleet, so if you only have one ship in your fleet thinking that you will get more bonus on your one ship, you are actually shooting yourself in the foot because you will receive less rewards.

If on the other hand you are trying to grind a single ship and don't even have every Tier IV yet, I would like to inform you of the following: The most important part of your build is the Officer Briefings that you have and their synergy with your modules. As such, you need to get every Tier IV in the game and get their respective Officer Briefings.

The reason for this is that if you don't have them, you are effectively gimping yourself and will inevitably have poorer performance, resulting in lower XP gains and Credit gains. Start by grinding all of your Tier IIIs, then grind all of your Tier IVs to get their respective Officer Briefings.

I should also mention that your Battle Bonus gives you a huge XP bonus, so make sure you have it on if you are grinding for XP, otherwise go down trough the Fleet brackets to grind for Credits.

If all you are having issues with is the fact that you aren't able to get a good score and you already have all of the 15 Officer Briefings, it might be related to your builds. If that is the case, I highly recommend that you join the Discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/dreadnought, use the command "!verify" in the channel #bot-spam) to get some very detailed tips on how to improve your builds.

Hope this helps @Kenny_Naboo

My Discord handle is SomethingUsername#7939, hit me up there and I will answer you way faster than here.

In addition, I highly suggest you join the Official Dreadnought Discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/dreadnought, use the command "!verify" in the channel #bot-spam) if you require help of any kind, the community is, and has always been, far more active there and you will receive answers to your questions far more rapidly on it.

Dreadnought

March 2, 2020, 8:47 p.m.

i admire your passion for this game. would hope to see it grow back to being relevant again to get actual content development.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

March 11, 2020, 1:03 p.m.

Updated //
March 11, 2020, 1:04 p.m.

Three things regarding grind.

1 - don't play proving grounds, they give less experience and credits.

2 - BATTLE BONUS During each match, you can have a Battle Bonus, Which will give more XP and Credits if its active. In Recruit its always available. In Veteran, after a match where it was available, it will be available again after 10 minutes unless you pay 1200 credits (pay the price its worth it). In Legegendary, the price is 6500 credits. You will see the icon on the top right of your fleet "activate Battle Bonus". Each T2 ship in your fleet gives +5% xp and +5% credits to your battle bonus, and higher tier ships give way more. In Veteran, if you have five T3 ships, your battle bonus will be +25% xp and +20% PER ships. for a total of a base of 100%. So in total it +225% xp and +200% credits. So, after each match when you return to the main screen of the hangar, make sure to press play, select the mode of play (any, TDM, ect), choose your fleet veteran or legendary, and on your fleet screen buy the Battle Bonus. I know its tedious to do this after each match, but thrust me its worth it and you get used to it.

3 - If you're willing to spend money on the game, get Elite Status. And instead of just buying elite status, you can check to buy one of the Steam DLC, The Vanguard Welcome bundle found in the in-game store and this free DLC

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1944852/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/dreadnought-10-game-pack-key-giveaway

description

Click here to see my Tutorial videos for beginners and Twitch page

March 17, 2020, 8:30 a.m.

Got it mate, thanks.

March 21, 2020, 8:36 p.m.

Could have a lot to do with how well you doin that game. Cause i do actually quite well in most games even in randoms i atleast try my best to commuicate bonus has been nice for me so far but yet im also very new to game that might have something to do with it not sure if there are bots in early game or not but just throwing out a suggestion

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.