FORUMS

Haven't played for awhile.

Posted: //
March 25, 2020, 11:21 a.m.

HI,

I haven't played for awhile and was wondering the status of the game. I went to Fractured Space for awhile, but that game went into limbo. Been playing another game (not in space), but was interested in trying to play again, something about retirement and lots of free time.

Are there any decent squadrons to join?

March 25, 2020, 2:51 p.m.

the game has been on lifesupport since the failure of steam launch. from what i hear the best communication youll get for the game is their discord. the forums have been mostly a ghosttown.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

April 1, 2020, 12:30 p.m.

Maybe it is time for a new publisher or something like this. The same thing happened with Planetside 2 and it was a success. The game was in the very same state as Dreadnought is at the moment, but after this reorganization Planetside 2 became quite popular. Right now there seems to be a lack of staff, structure and financial difficulties. All this has to be adressed before we players can expect new content like maps, ship classes, game modes as well as more variety in ship design.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

April 3, 2020, 2:24 a.m.

All this has to be adressed before we players can expect new content like maps, ship classes, game modes as well as more variety in ship design.

What's baffling to me is that there are still game modes that are platform-exclusive. Conquest is available only on PC and Havoc only on PS4.

I recognize that development time and money is limited but to adapt an existing game mode to the respective platform should not be that much of a problem.

But then again even pushing a patch live seems to be a major issue as we see on PC currently. I'm sure RayDog_Carrot and Space_Ghost are giving their best but it's probably better not to expect too much from these guys as their ressources seem to be rather limited.

And that's a shame as adding a new game mode to the game would go a long way to increase player retention and to shake things up a bit making the game more fun.

All hands: battle stations! This is not a drill.

[SAD] - Search And Destroy!

[https://sadclan.de]

Bild

April 7, 2020, 9:09 a.m.

Updated //
April 7, 2020, 9:10 a.m.

Yeah, I agree. The game is in desperate need of new content: game modes, new levels and new ship line/class. The market updates and balancing really arent enough at this point. But as you said because of limited resources, its not likely to happen.

There are times I kind of feel like playing but dont because what is there to do that I havent done a hundred times before?

April 7, 2020, 2:33 p.m.

SAD-Reclaimer#0656 posted (#post-279858) said:

I recognize that development time and money is limited but to adapt an existing game mode to the respective platform should not be that much of a problem.

Regarding the money, I'm really surprised they havent done a sale other than a few market items. with so many on lockdown and playing games you would thnk they'd at least do a gp sale to try and get some cash influx

April 14, 2020, 4:28 p.m.

Updated //
April 14, 2020, 4:31 p.m.

I haven't played for a while either, but came back last week just to see how things are going.... Can't say much has changed, but it is nice to see legendary is now playable, with T4 and T5 combined now... I can finally use my T5 ships, which I have been enjoying maxing out....

Unfortunately, nothing out there quite compares to DN. Most pvp shooters require cat-like relfexes---less tactital and more about speed. If I was a teenager again, that would be fine. Unfortunately, DN is a rare bread in this regard, and it is unfortunate nothing out there quite compares... will continue to play casually unless something better comes.....

I wish Yager would have spent a little more time on this game. Now they are working on an FPS called "The Cycle"... Looks interesting, but again, much too fast paced...Puts teenagers at an advantage over "older" players like myself...

-Normandy

April 15, 2020, 8:31 a.m.

Yager hasnt been on the game for well over a year, maybe two. All assets were transferred to Greybox. Thats pretty much when development stalled.

I do agree there isny much like Dreadnought out there, the closest I can think is Star Trek Online, which has a lot of better and worse things than Dreadnought. i.e. if you want the good ships, weapons, etc. be prepared to spend a lot of time and money on it (neither of which Im willing to do).

Dreadnought rwally needs more content and an end game, as playing onslought over and over on the same boards just to get a better version of a module you have doesnt really cut it.

April 17, 2020, 5:40 p.m.

Mech Warrior Online has some pretty similar "slower" paced gameplay if you're looking for reccomendations

April 17, 2020, 9:03 p.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2020, 9:04 p.m.

Thanks for the recommendation... I like that it shares many of the same gameplay elements as Dreadnought... never was much of a mech fan, but it is good to know there is another option out there to turn to in case DN becomes unplayable.

-Normandy

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.