FORUMS

Can we get an update to the graphics to help draw in new players?

Posted: //
April 14, 2020, 4:49 p.m.

Updated //
April 14, 2020, 4:52 p.m.

Hey devs, Coming back to this game after a couple years, the graphics do appear a bit dated now. This is not an issue for me, since gameplay is more important, but I am thinking more of the player base, i.e., of drawing in more players and revitalizing this game again.

DN has so much potential at its core, despite being a few years old now. A few updates to the graphics could go a long ways to holding new players. I hope the devs don't fall into the trap of letting a good game die. Just look at the success of Planetside 2, and how many iterations it has seen through the years, and its player base and popularity continue to grow.

Nothing else quite compares to DN at the moment. This game fills a niche of sci-fi fans who enjoy tactical and thoughtful pvp 3rd person hero shooters, with a rewarding grind and meaningful differences between "classes." If the devs just update the graphics for 2020, I think we could see the player base grow. Everything else about the game it top nothc, including the music.

-Normandy

April 14, 2020, 4:53 p.m.

the visuals are not the reason nor will be the solution in bringing in and keeping new players. youre bascially 2 years too late as the game had already played its best chance at steam launch and failed. who knows what can be done at this point.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

April 14, 2020, 6:44 p.m.

Updated //
April 14, 2020, 9:06 p.m.

Any game can be revived, even after many years of stagnancy. There are plenty of examples of old games which most people thought were dead, but through the effort of devoted devs improved over time and blew up the gaming community. Some of the best games are old games that were refreshed and updated through many iterations.

Maybe I am being naive, but I've been playing this game since 2017 and still think it can be saved if the devs pass this to new ownership under people who want to save it. Yes graphics are important to most players, and is a draw for many. The reason why I focus on graphics, is because---as a graphic artist---it is easy enough to revamp materials in a game without affecting the core coding. Materials are nothing more than image files. Replacing the materials with higher resolution and more realistic images would be a quick and easy way to help update the game for 2020, as well as maybe add some better post processing lighting effects like bloom and volumetric lighting (all of which can be done in Unreal very easily)...

-Normandy

April 15, 2020, 8:35 a.m.

Given the game has been on life support since the failed steam launch and the only updates anymore are balancing, hero ships and coatings, expecting major updates such as graphics, new boards etc. is pretty much a fantasy as the game doesnt bring in enough money to warrant continued big development. Unless another developer with a lot of funding buys the IP, this is pretty much what we've got.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.