FORUMS

The Current State Of The Game

Posted: //
April 25, 2020, 6:51 a.m.

If i remember correctly, the devs from Fractured Space had the mentality at the end, to please new players. Look where this game is now. Old Devs already made many mistakes, driven away long time, high skilled players. Would be quite sad, if the same thing happens to dn.

Your complaints make no sense reclaimer tbh. Fine remove corvettes. Then what? Bad players, like u will now complain about what? Weaponboosted, one shooting Arties? Ramcans? Bulldozer? Gunship? Dreadnoughts with Bombers, that will scramble you the whole match? You also want to remove them? Kinda stupid, rly...

April 25, 2020, 9:26 a.m.

morbeus#7120 posted (#post-279892) said:

Nightfire: If a player asked ingame how to counter, they are always told how to. But u can't tell them how to gain map-awareness or use their modules in the right moment. Also in the official Discord there are tons of good builds and advices. But if u refuse to use them after some thousends of games, you're kinda lost imo.

Then you seriously have no understanding how much time the average player will spend to try to work things out before they are really invested in a game. Those attitudes are the difference between games making or breaking. That sort of emotional abuse to a newer player with no real in game feedback as to what could be done to improve or why they failed, without those things being in their immediate control (like join up with other players regularly and using your team, overwhelm the group of individual players on the other side and in turn become the abuser).

Some games get it right. The match maker tracks performace and trys to level out teams. The power differential in matches is not overly influencial but the progression exists to maintain interest. Abusive players can be restricted from talking by the player without having the become their "friend" first. Then the games that don't get this right, they die.

The ultimate goal of any new player is to have fun and begin achieving. If you treat new players as fresh meat for the vetrans to grind up ... well you're going to run out of meat very quickly. Then the veterans can sit in empty servers boasting to the emptiness about how they were so good that they chased everyone away.

April 25, 2020, 9:35 a.m.

Morbeus: Im a bit interested in how you've played against me. what platform am i on and what is my screen name?

That said, if peope really cant say the fundamental flaw of the smallest, weakest ship one shotting larger ships, in a game called Dreadnought....

April 25, 2020, 10:34 a.m.

Corvette Assault blink warp is needed because when there is no way to kill heavy shielded targets like tacticals or ships that focus on buffing his shields to survive you need someoen to counter that and bypass shields, thas why ram and slice dmg is needed, tacticals can get easly 85% dmg reduction shields + armor or even more, they have unilimited shields. You need somehow to counter that.

April 25, 2020, 11:04 a.m.

Updated //
April 25, 2020, 11:05 a.m.

Here are my thoughts:

1. If you nerf the ABW Dmg all covs except tank cov, which is even more op, will be unplayable (or useless)
  2. Lets say you nerf ABW into the ground the next think players will hop on is Ramcan (can one shot you at 39k hp)
  3. ABW also will get passively nerfed by the upcomming ABP changes (ABP goes through shields)
  4. One Stasis desy will complety deny up to three covs
  5. Stasis Pulse will deny at least one
  6. A well played sniper with the right modules will deny at least 3 covs if not all of them
  7. Now to the biggest point MM and Fleet tiers. Like honestly why did they change the fleet tiers if we would get the old fleet tiers back players will be way more prepeared for legendary module and skill wise (old fleets are Recruit T1-T2 , Veteran T3-T4 and Legendary T4-T5)

Losing is only temporary and not all encompassing. You must simply study it, learn from it, and try hard not to lose the same way again. Then you must have the self-control to forget about it. - John Wooden

former 'AAD-Clan' Member know under the name of 'Stratoss'

April 25, 2020, 11:15 a.m.

I know how to counter vettes, Ive done it plenty of times. That doesnt mean the blink warp isnt OP. I dont think it needs nerfed, I think it needs reduced to not one shot ships.

The reason T4s were thrown into Legendary is because the newer players with T3s would get slaughtered. Th stats between the tiers was too large. Even now when i play veteran, my T4/5 mods on my ships plus experience give me a big advantage. Ive actually felt bad a few times how easily I beat newer players.

April 25, 2020, 11:29 a.m.

But now the same problem is with t4 and t5 You say it dosent need to get nerfed but its not allowed to 1 shot ships at 24k hp that dosent make sense

Losing is only temporary and not all encompassing. You must simply study it, learn from it, and try hard not to lose the same way again. Then you must have the self-control to forget about it. - John Wooden

April 25, 2020, 12:40 p.m.

Nerfing imo means it makes it useless. you just need to lower damage and not make it pass through shields completely. it should cause signicant damage, just not outright kill a larger ship.

the gap between T4 and T5 is actually less and you start to get the good modules at T4 so its not as bad. Honestly, there will be a gap either way

April 25, 2020, 12:58 p.m.

Corvettes are not OP by any means, in squad vs squad battles corvettes are by far the least played class cause the players will know how to play as a team, stay together and communicate. At that point corvettes just become free kills. But even in a 1 vs 1 situation with players of equal skill there are so many counters that will give you an easy upper hand when defending. The people who complain the most about corvettes are either of completely different skill level or they refuse to equip counter modules or even change ship class. The amount of full healers with not a single counter module against corvettes who just keep dying and complaining is ridiculous.

I agree with Fluffy, the change of available tiers in veteran hurt legendary a lot. Yes, in the past players had to face fully equipped T4s in veteran and they therefore had a mayor disadvantage, however while the loadout differences were significant the skill differences were not. The players playing their T4s in veteran had considerably less experience than legendary players and for the most part were still grinding OBs, modules and ships themself. An experienced veteran player had maybe hundred of more hours than a new veteran player but not thousands of hours. Also you could grind and learn how to use all the modules and OBs in veteran before you went up to legendary where you had to face all the high skill players in squads who played the game more competitively than casual. Now the situation in very different when you want to move from veteran to legendary. Not only are you faced with a lot of new modules and OBs where you have no idea how to counter them, but you are also faced with players who have played thousands of games more than youself and they also often play in squads with an attitude to win and not with an attitude to grind. Furthermore you have to play quite a lot of games where you are getting stomped until you can finally unlock the OBs und modules you need.

In a sense the problem just switched from veteran to legendary however the magnitude is just completely different. Yes the players in the past had to face T4s with better loadouts in their T3s but these T4s were not fully equipped for the most part, yes these T4 players had more experience but that difference wasn't thousands of hours and they were not so much interested in winning but rather in grinding. Now in legendary you are facing players in your T4 with T3 modules, a huge experience gap, little to no OBs, and probably you only have one ship in your fleet. The divergence is just too high in legendary at so many levels.

April 25, 2020, 1:48 p.m.

@SkyRaider if you change abw your way its complety useless. IF you lower the DMG its a nerf if it dosent go through shields anymore its also a nerf like. And also if you have the fleet tiers like atm you get into a leg game with t3 modules and without op thats a diff if there is one

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.