FORUMS

The Current State Of The Game

Posted: //
April 25, 2020, 2:51 p.m.

Taking away the ability to one shot ships but still do heavy damaging is far from nerfing and making it useless

April 25, 2020, 5:05 p.m.

You clearly don't get the importance of being able to 1-shot certain ships, Sky. Without 1-shots, Cruisers (especially Tacs) will either kill you or negate the damage you did real fast. It's not like a Vette can just fly up to someone and kill them (save for a Tankvette with KWA, Disrupt, and AA, which even I might call broken); it needs careful planning and executing. If they get the kill either they deserve the kill, or you deserve the death for not paying attention (as a team).

Another thing is that a lot of newer players with hours in the double digits expect to just stand their ground against absolute veterans who have played and probably mastered 1 or even all ships with multiple loadouts and have hundreds of hours throughout several flavours of the game. You have to play a lot to get the minute details and intricacies of the game.

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

April 25, 2020, 5:05 p.m.

Updated //
April 25, 2020, 5:06 p.m.

EDIT: Double post

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

April 25, 2020, 11:21 p.m.

Outside of a nuke and bomb catapult the blink is the only other real one shot weapon in the game. why is a one shot on the smallest and most fragile ship? why is it more powerful than a nuke? theres no reason for it. for a game based around slugging it out with large ships, one shotting in general isnt great idea. its why there are so few mods that can do it. corvettes can easily do enough damage up close that they dont need it.

as for the tacs negating damage, thats another balance issue. youre basically saying two wrongs make a right.

April 26, 2020, 1:54 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2020, 1:56 a.m.

"Im an experienced player" "Outside of a nuke and bomb catapult the blink is the only other real one shot weapon in the game."

Ok, another point why you are just a random (a realy bad one btw). So much ignorance and incompetence kinda hurts me.

Bombcata and oneshot?! Rly?! Have you played to much vetteran like reclaimer? And there are more oneshot mechanics btw... Ever seen a plasma ram? Starlings? Triple amped dessie with flak? Boosted Grenada? Stealth Catarro? Flashpoints/Drain combo? Goliath?

"Why is a one shot on the smallest and most fragile ship? why is it more powerful than a nuke? theres no reason for it."

Read what Ortis, Fluffy and Dragon wrote. If u still can't understand it, you most likely never will. Just an advice: Try this so called op corvette build plz. Rn there are not even two hands full of people who can play it real good. The rest is just feeding like crazy.

April 26, 2020, 10:19 a.m.

morbeus#7120 posted (#post-279909) said:

"Im an experienced player" "Outside of a nuke and bomb catapult the blink is the only other real one shot weapon in the game."

Ok, another point why you are just a random (a realy bad one btw). So much ignorance and incompetence kinda hurts me.

Bombcata and oneshot?! Rly?! Have you played to much vetteran like reclaimer? And there are more oneshot mechanics btw... Ever seen a plasma ram? Starlings? Triple amped dessie with flak? Boosted Grenada? Stealth Catarro? Flashpoints/Drain combo? Goliath?

"Why is a one shot on the smallest and most fragile ship? why is it more powerful than a nuke? theres no reason for it."

Read what Ortis, Fluffy and Dragon wrote. If u still can't understand it, you most likely never will. Just an advice: Try this so called op corvette build plz. Rn there are not even two hands full of people who can play it real good. The rest is just feeding like crazy.

ok, so there are a few more i didnt write down that can take down lighter armorred ships. this is your whole counter point? pretty sad.

its not surprising you didnt answer my question as to my platforn and screen name. its because you dont know it, and your whole argument is to just say im not a good a player (which constant showing in top 3 of legendary suggest otherwise). that was your argument against sad-reclaimer too.

i mean honestly, the fact youre just trying to degrade players as a counter arguement says a lot about you and points to an actual lack of knowledge of the game because if you had it you wouldnt need to try this tact.

of course, there is a chance you do and youre just  a pathetic enough of a person to take that route anyways, and youre one of those "grah! git gud!" players no one has any respect for. either way, your posts reflect poorly on you.

try putting up a real argument (like those people you mentioned) otherwise youre really just wasting bandwidth....

April 26, 2020, 11:28 a.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2020, 11:29 a.m.

Covs are not op and they need the abw to fulfill there purpose. If you ask yourself what "is the purpose of a covette": The purpose of a covette is to kill targets that are out of postion or that are of high importance (healer, sniper).

You can also kill destos but only if there out of pos or they are just bad.

The only nerf I would be fine with is to increase the cd of abw by like 5 sec or so. But nerf the dmg or the shield pen? No sry I cant agree with that.

And even the cd nerf would be kinda undeserved.

Edit: Because they will get nerfed next patch throught the ABP adjustment(its a buff)

Losing is only temporary and not all encompassing. You must simply study it, learn from it, and try hard not to lose the same way again. Then you must have the self-control to forget about it. - John Wooden

former 'AAD-Clan' Member know under the name of 'Stratoss'

April 26, 2020, 11:28 a.m.

This really says it all to me. The OP has raised the issue that the newer player experience and perception is that the game has issues and they are treated poorly, this is why he believes they are leaving instead of staying. He makes a point of something (Corvettes and warp) that he believes might be an issue contributing to this.

The rest of you all just dog pile on him about how covettes are NOT the problem, they are fine, give the implication that he is a bad player because he knows not of what he speaks and by implied extension that there is obviously no newer player issue because corvettes are just fine!

So why ARE the newer players not staying? Or are the servers being empty just a lie?

Instead of engaging the underlying issue the OP has raised you attack and belittle him from your pedistals of m@d 1337 5killz and think that his refutes his underlying point.

And someone told me that the toxic element here had gone now. I call BS. God this is just sad.

April 26, 2020, 12:15 p.m.

Fluffynator#3007 posted (#post-279911) said:

Covs are not op and they need the abw to fulfill there purpose. If you ask yourself what "is the purpose of a covette": The purpose of a covette is to kill targets that are out of postion or that are of high importance (healer, sniper).

You can also kill destos but only if there out of pos or they are just bad.

The only nerf I would be fine with is to increase the cd of abw by like 5 sec or so. But nerf the dmg or the shield pen? No sry I cant agree with that.

And even the cd nerf would be kinda undeserved.

Edit: Because they will get nerfed next patch throught the ABP adjustment(its a buff)

Again, Im not saying nerf it, Im saying reduce the damage and maybe allow some damage absorbtion to shields. Im fine with corvettes, i just think blink warp is op at the moment. Id much rather then fix healballs than this though.

also you mentioned its getting nerfed in the next patch; where are you getting this info?

April 26, 2020, 12:19 p.m.

Nightfire#3101 posted (#post-279912) said:

This really says it all to me. The OP has raised the issue that the newer player experience and perception is that the game has issues and they are treated poorly, this is why he believes they are leaving instead of staying. He makes a point of something (Corvettes and warp) that he believes might be an issue contributing to this.

The rest of you all just dog pile on him about how covettes are NOT the problem, they are fine, give the implication that he is a bad player because he knows not of what he speaks and by implied extension that there is obviously no newer player issue because corvettes are just fine!

So why ARE the newer players not staying? Or are the servers being empty just a lie?

Instead of engaging the underlying issue the OP has raised you attack and belittle him from your pedistals of m@d 1337 5killz and think that his refutes his underlying point.

And someone told me that the toxic element here had gone now. I call BS. God this is just sad.

Pretty much. Morbeus had the "git gud" attitude that, from a players side that has kept people from playing. add in thay his argument is basically "youre not good" (and he wont answer me on my platform and screen name, so he has no actual no of me as a player) it actually not sad, its pathetic.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.