FORUMS

The Current State Of The Game

Posted: //
April 26, 2020, 1:02 p.m.

@Sky if you lower the dmg its a nerf man

Losing is only temporary and not all encompassing. You must simply study it, learn from it, and try hard not to lose the same way again. Then you must have the self-control to forget about it. - John Wooden

former 'AAD-Clan' Member know under the name of 'Stratoss'

April 26, 2020, 1:21 p.m.

I consider a nerf to make it useless. taking a few k of damage off to me doesnt nerf it, it just makes it less powerful. but i guess we'll just agree to disagree on that.

April 26, 2020, 1:48 p.m.

From Wikipedia: "In video gaming a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the desirability or effectiveness of a particular game element. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change. The opposite of nerf is buff (in one of that term's two usages)." So nerf =/= useless.

So many new players don't want to be killed by high-skill modules and expect to be able to kill anything with their build the way they want it instead. Doesn't work like that. Tell you what, if you nerf ABW (and who knows what'll be next), healblobs and Arties will prevail (especially with what is effectively a buff to Armour Booster Pulse). Even Rams won't be able to break it. You'd need even greater skill to break those abysmal healblobs, so squads will have it even easier compared to PUs.

Adapt to certain ships, fly with a (good) squad and learn from them, don't go all offensive and reserve some modules to counter others, don't be too stubborn to change ship if the situation requires it and then go complain about why yiou get smacked time and again.

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

April 26, 2020, 2:34 p.m.

well, i stand corrected on the definition, i thought it was a major reduction that basically made it useless.

i dont really squad. the few people i did play with stopped playing the game.

April 26, 2020, 2:53 p.m.

The playerbase has been pretty constant for more than a year on PC. So no, there isn't that massive playerloss because of corvettes.

https://steamdb.info/app/835860/graphs/

Also nobody forces you to play in legendary. If you can't handle the players there then just stay in veteran until you feel that you are good enough for the challenge. Furthermore you can farm free xp and T4 ships until you have a full fleet with decent modules.

April 26, 2020, 3 p.m.

Dragonychus#0000 posted (#post-279917) said: So many new players don't want to be killed by high-skill modules and expect to be able to kill anything with their build the way they want it instead. Doesn't work like that. Tell you what, if you nerf ABW (and who knows what'll be next), healblobs and Arties will prevail (especially with what is effectively a buff to Armour Booster Pulse). Even Rams won't be able to break it. You'd need even greater skill to break those abysmal healblobs, so squads will have it even easier compared to PUs.

So close! So new players don't want to be killed by high-skill modules and want to make some sort of progress with what they have? Doesn't work like that? Ok, good to see that point but isn't that a problem? If players are choosing to leave rather than either learn the lessons you have or don't have the emotional fortitude to just suffer through a long stream of matches that are not fun for them when they have other alternatives, what do YOU propose?

You seem to have your own theories on why new players are leaving after hitting a certain wall, at least you make it seem like you do to me so far. So what IS your theory and what can YOU propose to address it? If it doesn't work like that, what should change to encourage newer players to stay?

Corvettes aren't the problem for the various turtle tactics that arise out of having good, coordinated healers. Ok, fair point. Instead of stopping there and (for some of you) thinking you look intelligent, propose your own underlying theories and float some suggested solutions. I'd have to agree the T4 vs T5 matches are a problem. the matchmaker is also a problem IMO and shoudl look to balance the skill of teams to mitigate the curb stomping.

So why do YOU think newer players are leaving and what do YOU think could help address the hemoraging?

April 26, 2020, 3:28 p.m.

wouldnt the fact playerbase not going up show an issue?

April 26, 2020, 5:01 p.m.

Nightfire#3101 posted (#post-279920) said:

Dragonychus#0000 posted (#post-279917) said: So many new players don't want to be killed by high-skill modules and expect to be able to kill anything with their build the way they want it instead. Doesn't work like that. Tell you what, if you nerf ABW (and who knows what'll be next), healblobs and Arties will prevail (especially with what is effectively a buff to Armour Booster Pulse). Even Rams won't be able to break it. You'd need even greater skill to break those abysmal healblobs, so squads will have it even easier compared to PUs.

So close! So new players don't want to be killed by high-skill modules and want to make some sort of progress with what they have? Doesn't work like that? Ok, good to see that point but isn't that a problem? If players are choosing to leave rather than either learn the lessons you have or don't have the emotional fortitude to just suffer through a long stream of matches that are not fun for them when they have other alternatives, what do YOU propose?

You seem to have your own theories on why new players are leaving after hitting a certain wall, at least you make it seem like you do to me so far. So what IS your theory and what can YOU propose to address it? If it doesn't work like that, what should change to encourage newer players to stay?

Corvettes aren't the problem for the various turtle tactics that arise out of having good, coordinated healers. Ok, fair point. Instead of stopping there and (for some of you) thinking you look intelligent, propose your own underlying theories and float some suggested solutions. I'd have to agree the T4 vs T5 matches are a problem. the matchmaker is also a problem IMO and shoudl look to balance the skill of teams to mitigate the curb stomping.

So why do YOU think newer players are leaving and what do YOU think could help address the hemoraging?

I should have stated that on equal tiers people expect to be able to kill anything with their one build they think should kill anything just because of DAKKA. I see plenty of people dragging Beam Amp on a Tac. That's effective suicide in the hands of anyone less than highly skilled! Or people that run full-on offensive builds with no CC and then complain about, say, Vettes. 1 Dessie with some experience with Stasis Ammo can make life a pain for a Vette or 3. And yes, the first 3 or so matches are difficult in a new ship, but so what? We can't just hand out all the good stuff from the get go (this also relates to my next bit about the gaps). Teamwork can make those matches a lot easier, too.

I had some theories as to how to give newer players an easier time, and that was back before the new tier brackets. Changing the brackets was a big mistake as the gap between fresh T3 and T4 is far less than fresh T4 and T5, along with the grind from 3->4 being a lot shorter than 4->5. Heck, even removing tiers would make it easier, but that ship has sailed. Another thing is the changes to Officer Briefings which are a thing in the pipelines

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

April 27, 2020, 7:06 a.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2020, 7:27 a.m.

Hmmm as i see it SkyRaider is more active in Forum, than in the game xD So why acting up? You should be farmed like Reclaimer is beeing farmed, for his ignorance^^ Btw i don't care if u try to insult me, ur just a bad random. And yes, i'm not a nice person, i know that :p

Reclaimer just hates corvettes and trying to mask it with some stupid reasons. Most players are kinda fine and try to adapt, but there are always some triggered whiners, who can't or won't be able to adapt to certain playstyles. Some of them lack ofc common sense.

April 27, 2020, 12:09 p.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2020, 3:17 p.m.

morbeus#7120 posted (#post-279923) said:

Hmmm as i see it SkyRaider is more active in Forum, than in the game xD So why acting up? You should be farmed like Reclaimer is beeing farmed, for his ignorance^^ Btw i don't care if u try to insult me, ur just a bad random. And yes, i'm not a nice person, i know that :p

Reclaimer just hates corvettes and trying to mask it with some stupid reasons. Most players are kinda fine and try to adapt, but there are always some triggered whiners, who can't or won't be able to adapt to certain playstyles. Some of them lack ofc common sense.

Well I’m on here for two reasons. First to discuss issues with the game with others. Second is for the comic relief you provide.

You probably don't understand how you look. You didn’t comprehend the point of the original post, started whining about other players (while calling them whiners) and you keep referring to people as a “bad random.” I mean really? “Bad random.” This actually processes in your mind as insulting and irritating? Haha. It’s made me chuckle every time (I'm picturing a twelve year trying to be mean and unable to understand he isn't). We probably shouldn’t expand on how you believe yourself qualified to judge players or that anyone even cares what you think… I don't care if you insult me and so far you're failing horribly at it (snickers at Bad Random again).

Wait a second: you’re a random person on the internet who admitted they aren’t nice. So, I guess that would make you a “Bad Random!” Hahaha. Irony is always great for a laugh and you are providing it in quantities.

So go ahead little troll, keep on “trolling” (you can’t even do that right…), and keep making me laugh. Keep posting things that make you look sad and laughable.

Oh, one more time for the heck of it: bad random!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.