FORUMS

Steam overlay / UI not working

Posted: //
May 6, 2020, 11:54 p.m.

Updated //
May 6, 2020, 11:57 p.m.

Hi there,

I was attempting to purcahse a couple of the Hero Ships that are currently on sale. However, when I attempt to purchase GP it attempts to process the transaction for a moment, then pop up windows appears with the message:

"Pruchase failed. We are unable to open the Steam Overlay, this could be due to having it disabled for Dreadnought in Steam, running video capture software, or other issues. Please close Dreadnought and its Launcher, check your settings and relaunch from Steam. Please contact customer service if this issue persists."

I put a ticket in with customer service ticket in on Friday and haven't heard back from them. I posted on the Steam forums on a thread from last year where someone else was having this issue, but no answer on whether if or how it was fixed. Has anyone else had this issue and gotten a fix for it?

Edit:

Here are the fixes I've tried:

• Launch steam as an administrator
  • Launch dreadnought launcher as an administrator
  • Verify contents of steam cache
  • Verified that the steam overlay is in fact enabled for dreadnought
  • Graphics drivers are updated

June 21, 2020, 6:28 a.m.

I have the same issue

June 21, 2020, 9:24 a.m.

Jarl Sebi#9106 posted (#post-279976) said:

I have the same issue also buddy

June 21, 2020, 12:34 p.m.

I tried everything Sgt Engee did but no luck. I search for general steam overlay fixes but no luck.

To be clear. I only have this issue with Dreadnought.

Devs, could it be possible to add the curency option to steam? That way we do not have to use the overlay.

I have read and found so many people with this issue. I assume you miss out on a lot of money because of this.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.