FORUMS

Ideas For Improving Gameplay

Posted: //
Oct. 28, 2020, 10:23 p.m.

This game has a lot of potential, and a few small things could get it going on a really good path.

1. Ability to strafe
  2. Teammate status readouts on HUD (name, class, shields, health)
  3. Make minimap zoomable and longer range
  4. Slightly more nimble ships
  5. Better indicators of where friendly ships are (closer to center of hud, maybe with symbols of ship type)
  6. Ability to target enemy or friendly ships, to prevent accidental missile shots at wrong targets

Oct. 30, 2020, 3:26 p.m.

A few more things:

1. If an enemy is within view of a friend, they should show up on radar for whole team (maybe an outline?)
  2. Scrable duration (missiles, mines, etc) should be a bit longer to make it a viable choice

Oct. 30, 2020, 3:26 p.m.

A few more things:

1. If an enemy is within view of a friend, they should show up on radar for whole team (maybe an outline?)
  2. Scrable duration (missiles, mines, etc) should be a bit longer to make it a viable choice

Nov. 4, 2020, 5:11 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 4, 2020, 5:13 p.m.

I do agree that there are some things that could make this game much more fun than it already is, and I agree with you on most of your points.

The ability to strafe is an ability granted to higher tier artillery cruisers with modules. It is fairly realistic that a ship with turning thrusters can strafe, but it is also understandable to say that most of the ships (ie. dreadnoughts and destroyers) are too large for the turning thrusters to propell them quick enough to the side to consider it a strafe.

Teammate status on the HUD... Yes please!!

The minimap, in my opinion, is the greatest downfall in the gameplay. It is just a grid with your marker on it and your teammates markers. I really wish that the minimaps changed to whatever map you were at in a color and graphical version instead of just a grid. So agreed!

The ship agility is one of the defining features of the ships. I agree to an extent, they can be slow sometimes, especially dreadnoughts, but then again, that's one of the downfalls to playing larger ships. If you favor agility, play as corvettes with the cost of health and energy. On T3-T5 ships, you can even put the Engine Rigger officer briefing in navigation for a 100% boost to movement speed when energy is set to movement with a 75% increased energy cost.

The indication methods are a little wack, yes, but I don't feel as I rely wholly on my teammates. So this is more opinion based, but I see why it would be a better upgrade.

Targetting enemies and allies is fairly simple, I am unsure if the struggles you face with this topic. Friendly fire is off (as far as Im concerned), but friendly collision is not off. Meaning if a teammate is above me when I launch vulture missiles, the missiles will collide and be wasted. But there really isn't anything they can do to fix this. Maybe you have a problem with your game that I dont have, but yes sure that can be a problem to some.

YES RADAR OMG the minimap is already fairly bad, and the radar is the only thing making it marginally better. If the minimap and radar was improved, I would have a harder time pointing out gameplay flaws (not biased at all). Agreed!

The scramble itself merely jacks up your screen for the victim for about 5-10 seconds. Against AI, the scrambler effects are absolutely useless because the AI rely on exact knowledge of where you are to fire and use modules rather than eyes like humans do. But in an online match, the scrambler effects can ruin an entire team. Yes, it's short, but it has huge effects. Being blind in a battle is a major disadvantage, especially a game where teamwork is essential for survival. In most cases where I have the choice of a scrambler module, I opt for other abilities, but I would gladly accept scrambler effects with any ship I play with.

In the end, I do agree with you that all of these changes are beneficial in some way, but some are also redundant or just plain unnecessary. This isn't a post to degrade you or your ideas, this is more just a wall to bounce back some of your ideas and really think about them. It's always easy to give ideas to improve something in general, but sometimes the improvements aren't necessary. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Some ideas that I've had over the years are: -larger maps and larger teams (not an original idea, but an idea nonetheless) -a real tech tree instead of a 'buy what you want when you want' system -more environment manipulation or interaction -weaker aim assist

If you'd like to debate my ideas, that'd be awesome! Remember, don't attack the man/woman, attack the idea. If you'd like to play with me, hit me up! (See sig) Have a great day

"Oh, poor poor corvette. You thought you could escape the grasp of my tractor beam."

Hit me up on PS4 if you wanna play some T4 and T5 matches (Gamertag: 'HanBahnDay')

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.